“Where's the "value/experience"in over priced mediocre food? (2.5)Will not return unless I want soup and appetizer and am alrea”
Review of Prickly Pear Steakhouse - CLOSED

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
pap
Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

Here's the skinny:
We went on a week night with reservationsfor 8pm ( although un needed, as it was pretty sparse.. Only 3 other couples). Used a savings voucher.

Pros:
Great 19 cent soup ( yes that's the actual price, so worth the price) although a bit salty and I preferred it after adding water to dilute and without pork, although the other loved it as was-prewater and with pork chunks. We both agreed it had an "old soulful southern flavor". Very much worth a taste.

We ordered Two appetizers, one will be discussed in Cons.
We all Loved the fried goat cheese appetizer! Combination of breads, greens and cheese provided a Great mix of flavors!
( by far this was our highlight and what left us optimistic... Too bad for us)

Complimentary Cornbread type concoction with the yummy butter was tasty.

Cornelius! Our wait staff. New hire. Great energy and attentive... Hope he maintains that!

Ok soooo the cons: ( huge exhale)
The 2nd appetizer of the red chili wings were Flavorless( despite 2sauces) and the chicken wings carried the flavor of raw skin (almost like they didn't put ANY seasoning pre baking/frying. Ewww)

Dinner-
I order salmon burger with avocado and tartar etc. too bad it tasted the Complete opposite of the description! Seriously I gagged(not typical of me). I couldn't take it home to revive (season) either wings or my meal like I can often do if it's at least decent.
But hey, the fries(were tastey) too bad I don't eat much carbs

The other meal was rib eye, from one who is a beef connosieur... Well they said could've done better at Chili's. (Mind you they never will even eat at chilis, bc doesn't meet their standards for steaks!)

I left hungry!!!! That's absurd.

In summary: Good waiter. Nice $0.19 soup. Great fried goat cheese appetizer. Manager did notice my food was not touched. I was honest and and worked with us.

Otherwise food overpriced and subpar.

Heres another tid bit-
mid week, parking SUCKED! It took us 12 mins to find parking. Even Looked up orlando rules and Lol still got a ticket. ( look for faded yellow lines even 20 feet from curb ;-)

Orlando, Florida
“Excellent Steak....!!”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Visited the Funky Monkey offspring - "Prickly Pear Steakhouse" in Orlando, FL before our concert. All was excellent. They had such great food and the steak was perfect. The ambiance is great and outdoor seating is available. It adjoins another Funky Money restaurant offspring - Nick's Italian Kitchen - which is right next door.. so there is no shortage of food in the area. I highly recommend and we WILL be returning....

• Visited February 2013
Orlando, Florida
“A so-so, not so memorable brunch”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The Prickly Pear Restaurant at Lake Eola, in Orlando Florida is a venue that I would suggest you pass up rather than to be disappointed. The food was mediocre at best and the service left much to be desired. The brunch offerings were very limited and I must say--and this is not saying much--the fresh fruit was the high light of the dining experience.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank landdwatkins
Orlando, Florida, United States
“Great food”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

We had friends in from out-of-town and decided to take them here, as it was someplace we've never been either. They are foodies so I wanted to take them to a restaurant they would really enjoy. The food was really good. The southwestern corn that come with the entree is a nice touch. Our friends were very happy with the restaurant.

• Visited January 2013
Altamonte Springs, Florida
“Good, But Not Great!”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Despite the so-so reviews on Tripadvisor, we decided to try Prickly Pear. The food was tasty, service was attentive and very friendly, and the prices were very reasonable. Several things disappointed me. The menu is lacking in small dinner salads in the $5-$7 range, which I wanted. There was a wedge salad listed, but that's not very exciting. They also had western music playing in the background, louder than necessary. I happen to dislike western music and found this to be annoying and a detraction from the dining experience, not an enhancement. I know that it's in keeping with the southwestern theme, but please turn it down! One other drawback was the lack of free parking. Overall, it was a decent restaurant, but could benefit from the changes I mentioned.

• Visited January 2013