“Nice atmosphere, good food”
Review of Prickly Pear Steakhouse - CLOSED

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Located in the Eola Area of Downtown, Orlando. Indoor/Outdoor Seating, comfortable casual, relaxed. Good quality food & service $$

There are newer reviews for Prickly Pear Steakhouse

Reviewed January 3, 2013

I had dinner at the Prickly Pear on New Year’s Eve. I was very disappointed. We had a bottle of champagne, with the server (Emily, I think) opened and poured us a glass. She never refilled our glasses the rest of the evening. After our salads were served, our server never checked on us until after the entrée’s were served. When the entrees came, I was served a NY Strip, but was served a ribeye. I waited several minutes for our server to come to us, and told her of the mix up. She told me I did get a strip. I told her it was too fatty for a strip, nor did it look like a strip. She told me it must just be a fatty piece of meat, and she’ had the kitchen prepare a less fatty piece. A few minutes later, a manager of some sort brought me a strip. My dining partner was pretty much finished with her dinner by then. Her salmon was bland at best. The strip they brought me was grissly, and could only eat about half of it. The server apologized for the mix up. We never were asked if we wanted coffee or desserts. For the price, there are many better choices.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

We went here on a whim with a groupon one Friday around 9 p.m. We were seated right away and the place wasn't completely empty which I liked. Its nicely decorated and a little towards the spectrum of nicer dinning. Although I was wearing jeans, I felt fine. The servers bright orange polos bring it down a notch. In a good way.

We both got the soup for 19 cents each and the goat cheese app. It was Delicious.

We split the BBQ burger and the Skirt Steak with mac & cheese. All was a little spicy. I dont love spicy, but was able to enjoy the meal. The burger we would order again, but Id probably pass on the steak. The portions weren't giant and we cleaned our plates.

All in all, Id say this place is reasonably priced as an affordable nicer dinner spot.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

This restaurant was a nice surprise. My fiancee' and I used a LivingSocial coupon and enjoyed the evening. Of note, the service was great as everyone (including them manager) was extremely friendly. The ambience was relaxing and it was as crowded on a Friday Night like Park Avenue. One word of advice, be patient when you order. It seemed to take a long time to receive our food considering it was crowded. Also, they were out of the 6oz filets so my fiancee' got the 10oz but if I had a scale I would say the 10oz is the size of a 6oz anywhere else. Overall a great value with very nice staff.

1  Thank George K
Reviewed September 26, 2012

We went to Prickly Pear Steakhouse tonight for the magical dining month. They were great! I started with the chili reanos (don't know how to spell it) that was huge and delicious. It was a little spicy, but I really liked it. My partner didn't want any of the appetizers had on the menu, but the server made an exception and got him a salad. It was the wedge salad and he said he rally liked it. For the entree I got the petite filet with cream spinach. It was perfect! I know it is not right to ask for A1, but I really like it. The server did not judge me for asking for it!!! I have been places that said they would not serve it because their meat is perfect. I have to say that their meat was perfect, but I really like it... Guilty pleasure! My partner ordered the lamb... I dont eat lamb, but he said it was excellent. For dessert I had the s'mores which was interesting considering it was made with a brownie rather than chocolate bar. We decided to get different desserts so my artner got the chocolate fritters. I could live on these things! That's all I am going to say about that. Had a great time there and the server Josh was so much fun. He offered great selections and some fun drinks for us to try... I really like the Prickly Pear Margaurrita!! I will be back.