“Great staff! Modern, clean hotel”

Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando Airport @ Gateway Village
Ranked #7 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed July 10, 2014

I wasn't expecting anything special, but after I arrived and realized that a computer snafu (on my end) messed up my dates, the staff was extremely helpful and friendly with helping me get my problems resolved. The manager was there and was so friendly! That is the type of customer service that makes a hotel. Big thumbs up to them!

The facilities are well-maintained, modern and very clean. We were just there for a quick overnight visit for a wedding, so the location worked very well for us, especially since it's close to so many low-maintenance, casual eateries. It was a great stay and would definitely return.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ReineS
Allison M, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando Airport @ Gateway Village, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2014

Thank you for sharing your recent experience regarding our great staff and modern, clean hotel on Trip Advisor! Our staff loves to delight and I can see we did just that when you arrived and was immediately faced with an inaccurate reservation. I am so glad that our staff reacted with their “can do attitude” and resolved the issue, and we just want to say thanks for the thumbs up! I am glad to see our accommodations left you impressed and are even more excited to see that you definitely be back. Please feel free to let me know the next time you are in town as I look forward to personally welcoming you back! Again, thank you for your “5 star” review and we will be ready for your return.

Allison.Martin2@hilton.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,849)

Reviewed July 9, 2014

Stayed here over night to catch an early morning flight. The hotel was clean and nice. The front desk staff was nice and when you stay you get a voucher for a free appetizer for either Carrabba's or Bone Fish Grill , both are right beside the hotel. The room was spacious and I like how the bed was set up so that it was not touching the neighboring wall. I do have 2 small complaints so I wasn't able to give them 5 stars. 1st I asked for a 4am wake up call because I had an early flight. I had set my phone alarm but always like to have a back up plan. Well luckily for me I woke up right before 4 and got into the shower, when I got out my husband told me the wake up call never came, He called down to the front desk to inquire about it around 410 and they said the night time clerk never set one !!!!! That could have been a HUGE disaster and I could have MISSED MY FLIGHT!!! The other complaint is the BED it is as hard as ROCKS , it felt like i was sleeping on the floor. Didn't get much sleep at all.
I didn't have the breakfast since I was flying out, but my husband did and said it was a hot breakfast and was good. They do have an airport shuttle that runs every 30 minutes, I believe they said 24hrs however I did not utilize it and never saw it. The hotel is very convenient to the airport, about a mile or so and it is very easy to get to the airport.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank straw71

Thank you for taking a moment to share some valuable feedback regarding your recent stay with us on Trip Advisor. We are glad to see that your overall experience was a pleasant one especially when it came to our front desk staff service and our clean spacious guestroom layout. I am however terribly sorry that you found our new beds to be less than comfortable, as we all know how important a great night’s sleep is when traveling. I would also like to apologize for the requested wakeup call being missed, I will be sure to share this feedback with all my team members so we can learn from what could have potentially been a disaster. We do hope that this experience does not hinder you from selecting our property in the future and please feel free to contact me directly if you have any additional feedback as we are always looking for ways to improve. Thank you again for your feedback and I hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

It was great hotel. the helped me out so much. I was tired from Driving from Atlanta and i did not have time to book an hotel room I stoped at the first hotel I seen and they gave me One of the last rooms they had....

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with the Trip Advisor community. We are delighted that you choose to stay at our award winning Hampton Inn and Suites after a very tiring drive from the Atlanta area. I am so glad to see that our staff was able to assist you while providing you with one of our spacious suites for the evening. We hope whether you are driving or flying we have the pleasure to welcome you back the next time you return to Orlando! Thank you again for your review and please feel free to contact me if I can be of any assistance.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

But well and truly worth it.

Newer facility, secure location in area being built for travelers (restaurants and shops) and the property is clean, furnishings in great shape and with cheery, helpful staff.

Best of all, you're more likely to wake up from your own Richter-scale REM sleep than from aircraft traffic or rowdy tourists.

You can go farther, pay more and do much worse.
But why?

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Allison M, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando Airport @ Gateway Village, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2014

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with the Trip Advisor community. I would like to apologize for any confusion you may have experienced when traveling to our hotel but am simply ecstatic to see we were worth it! We are delighted that our newer facility and location was secure and convenient. We are glad that our airport location was a pleasant surprise with little air traffic or unusually loud guests. Thank you for recognizing our cheery and helpful staff as we love to please. We appreciate you writing your review and hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back the next time you are in Orlando! Please feel free to contact me if I can be of any assistance.

Reviewed July 5, 2014

This hotel was in line with other Hampton Inns that where we have stayed: nothing too fancy, but certainly a step up from Day's Inn, etc.

The lobby appears to be in a state of flux. The reception area looks crisp and relatively new, whilst the "lounge area" is like something from the 1970s! If this was intentional, they should rethink the choice.

Public areas (restrooms, elevators, etc.) could also use a brush up.

Outside of that, everything was fine. The location is ideal, just minutes from the airport.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for sharing your experience with the Trip Advisor community and we are glad that Hampton is a consistent brand when traveling. We appreciate your description of our new lobby as out hotel is less than 2 years old and the newest in the airport area. Thank you for your feedback regarding a touch up areas you had noticed as our guest. Our leadership team completes property walks daily and will submit and address any areas needing improvement. I am happy you enjoyed your stay and found our location ideal for your needs. We hope to welcome you and your family upon your return to Orlando and please feel free to contact me if I can be of further assistance. Thank you again for your review and we hope to exceed all expectations during your next stay to earn that “5 Star” review!

Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for only a night. I chose it because I needed to store my luggage and need a complimentary airport shuttle. Well here on TA I found this place and the good reviews made me book this hotel. So I got complimentary airport shuttle, wifi, breakfast and luggage storage which was all I wanted. The room was clean and of a good size. Didn't like the lighting but all the rest was good.
There was a lot to chose from the breakfast Buffett .
The hotel also has a little shop in case you forgot something. Across the street you will find 3 or 4 restaurants - remember to ask for a voucher at the front desk. The Italian restaurant was very good!
Great place to stay at!

Stayed: June 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay at our award winning Hampton Inn and Suites based off of the reviews from Trip Advisor. We are so glad to see you shared your personal experience with the community. We are happy you experienced our 24 hour complimentary shuttle service, free Wi-Fi, and on the house breakfast for your 1 night stay. I do apologize for the lighting but am glad to see you enjoyed the spacious guestroom. It truly seems our location was a great fit for all of your needs and since we were a great place to stay we look forward to seeing you return again. Please feel free to contact me if I can be of any assistance or if you wish to share any additional information regarding the lighting.

Reviewed July 5, 2014

We love this hotel. Super hotel with a great staff. Very friendly front desk and van driver. All staff were helpful. Easy access & convenient for flying in and out of Orlando. Nice pre & post stay as part of our vacation trip.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for sharing your overall experiences at our award winning Hampton Inn and Suites property with the Trip Advisor Community! We are delighted to see you LOVE our hotel and appreciate you recognizing the helpful and friendly team we have! I am glad that our hotel location fits your needs and am even more excited that we are the start and finish to your vacation, which I hope you enjoyed! I hope I have the pleasure to personally welcome you back and please feel free to contact me directly if I can ever be of any assistance.