“very good place to stay”

Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando Airport @ Gateway Village
Ranked #7 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed March 31, 2014

it is quite close to the airport, if you just make a stopover in Orlando, this is the place to stay. room is nice and spacious, perfect in details. restaurants nearby within walking distance. even some car rental places are withing walking distance. service is just ok, but not match with the quality of the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Sebastian219, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando Airport @ Gateway Village, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your view with the Tripadvisor community. We are happy to hear many things went right during your stay. It seems that there were some service issues during your stay and we apologize for that as we are always looking to provide exceptional service. We hope you will stay with us in the future if you are back in the area. If I can be of further assistance please contact me directly.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

Hotel was clean and big rooms! 5 of slept in one room suite with no problems.
Breakfast was good. small area but you can go outside to eat too. Just make sure you bring your room key with you..... Breakfast bar gave you plenty to choose from, even the pickiest eater would find something to eat.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the Tripadvisor community. We are glad that this last minute stop was so positive for you and that we provided for your needs during your stay. We hope you will stay with us in the future if you are back in the area. If I can be of further assistance please contact me directly.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

Great restaurants nearby, walking running area and very close to airport. Hotel is new so very clean an modern. Love the ease for early morning flights. I will stay here again on my next trip to Orlando.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts about your property with the Tripadvisor community. We are happy to hear that this was so convenient for you that you plan to stay with us again. We hope you will stay with us in the future if you are back in the area. If I can be of further assistance please contact me directly.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

The complimentary breakfast is relatively nice. I'm happy to see oatmeal available, even though we are in Florida. It compliments well with the fresh fruit, granola, and hard-boiled eggs though there are clearly less healthy options with the sausage patties and waffles. My room was not ready for my arrival. Upon arrival into my room, the AC air filters were on the floor, all of the dresser drawers were left hanging out, the refrigerator door was left open (so my food spoiled), and there were no bathroom toiletries. I called to have the toiletries delivered but they never arrived, and after 30 minutes of unpacking my luggage; closing up the drawers; putting my food in the BACK of the refrigerator in hopes that it wouldn't spoil; replacing the AC air filters; i washed my hands without soap, and walked to the front desk to get my soap and shampoo because I needed to take a shower and could not wait longer. no apology, but the lady behind the counter mentioned that she would speak w someone in housekeeping and get back to me. This lady behind the counter never followed up with me until I saw her again upon checkout and I asked her whether this was addressed with the housekeeping staff. Again, she did not recognize my complaint, saying that "the housekeepers were almost done." I informed this lady behind the counter that I had cancelled another hotel reservation to come to the Hampton Inn & suites after reading about the #3 Tripadvisor ranking out of 328 hotels but was surprised that she sent me to a room that was not ready for my arrival. I stated that I was not satisfied with this stay, pointing out the Hampton 100% satisfaction guarantee. She then talked about how I had paid my reservation with points, which I found irrelevant. I mentioned that I expected my room to be ready for me regardless of how I paid for the reservation. Her response was "We're sorry," and that was it. This was witnessed by another Hampton employee who had been working the front desk but did not participate in our conversation. This was just the tip of the iceberg, as 1) I was told upon checking in that the hotel was sold out and there were no available room upgrades with my gold hhonors status even though a housekeeper later told me that this was not the case; and 2) I had just traveled from the north and hoped to enjoy the heated pool, which turned out to be broken. A room completely set up and ready for my arrival or professional acknowledgement up front of a mistake on the part of the management would have met my expectations. Neither was the case. To exceed my expectations, I would have appreciated points compensation for the stay or compensation for my dinner that spoiled instead of a discussion of how my reservation was booked with points instead of dollars.

6  Thank G L
Scott S, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando Airport @ Gateway Village, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2014

Dear valued guest,

I would like to sincerely apolgize for the inconvenience you experienced during your visit to our hotel.

Your feedback is very critical to our success and we have already taken steps to improve so that we can ensure your loyalty to our hotel in the future. Please feel free to contact me directly so that we may have the opportunity to exceed your expectations in resolving this matter.

We appreciate your business very much and we look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

This is the best Hampton Inn that anyone can stay in. It's the most modern Hampton Inn period. You will love it here. All the best food with in 50 feet. Park the car because you will not need it. Rooms are clean and it looks like they just finished putting in the furniture.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for the kind words you have share with the Tripadvisor community. The hotels is fairly new as we opened in August of 2012. We are glad everything was to your liking during your stay. We hope you will stay with us in the future if you are back in the area. If I can be of further assistance please contact me directly.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

My family, composed of 3 with 9month old baby, stayed here for overnight due to we need to catch our morning flight to Miami. After 8hrs of flying from London, UK - the only thing on our mind was to get rest and most especially the comfort of our little one.

The hotel is located approximately less than 10minutes drive by their free shuttle. The free shuttle is very good in terms of serving their guests. Tony, the driver who picked us up, was very helpful.

I never had a quick check-in in a hotel til' I came here. For a tired guests like us, checking in for less than 3minutes was superb.

The hotel is new. The surroundings are new as well. Restaurants are just literally walk-by within 3minutes and if you dont have time to dine-in at those restaurants, you can take the food out and have it in your hotel room.

The room we had got an American standard size which is bigger than what we're normally having in Europe. Since the property is new, all the facilities are fresh. I enjoyed the bath tub most; it's small but more comfortable than those we're having in Europe.

I was expecting less from their breakfast, but, it was really good though. 2 hotfood (spanish style egg omelette & pork patty ) plus array of breads & pastries and the most interesting part was make your own waffle. I had mine twice with peanut butter topping & maple syrup.

Checking out was quick, less than 3minutes. We had flight departing to Miami at 10:15 and we left the hotel at 8:45. I thought we were late but everything was in perfect timing.

Though we didnt experience the other facilities like the swimming pool and the bonfire thingy behind the hotel coz of our short stay, I think this property is really great.

Highly recommendable.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for the detailed review that you posted for the Tripadvisor community. We are thrilled to hear that everything was comfortable and convenient for you. Thank you for also taking the time to recognize Tony who is a great associate. We hope you will stay with us in the future if you are back in the area. If I can be of further assistance please contact me directly.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

We stayed here twice: after arriving late in the evening, and the night before and early morning flight home. A word of caution: when the shuttle driver at the airport said Hampton Inn, we got dropped off at the Hampton across the street from the Hampton Inn and Suites. Make sure you clarify with the driver at the airport. The nice driver turned around and promptly picked us back up once we realized the error at check-in. It's a nice property with a pool (which we didn't use) and comfortable rooms with complimentary breakfast in the morning. Shuttle service was good and will take guests within a three mile radius of the property. The folks at the front desk were helpful and have coupons for local restaurants.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Tripadvisor community. You are correct that there are two Hampton's in the Airport area which run on separate shuttles, we can be distinguished because we are a Hampton Inn and Suites. We are glad that other than the error at the beginning of your stay that everything ele was to your liking. We hope you will stay with us in the future if you are back in the area. If I can be of further assistance please contact me directly.