“A very good experience after a long day” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando Airport @ Gateway Village

Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando Airport @ Gateway Village
Ranked #4 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
Auburn, Alabama
“A very good experience after a long day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

This Hampton Inn was a very pleasant experience after a long day of driving. I chose those hotel because it was close to the airport and I had a flight out of Orlando early the next morning. It was spacious, very clean, and had a very attentive staff. There are a number of restaurants nearby within walking distance, so I did not have to drive to get a decent dinner and relaxing drink. The drive from the hotel to the north parking lot of Orlando airport was no more than 5 minutes. This place was just what I needed.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Bama_world_traveler
Sebastian P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando Airport @ Gateway Village, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with the Tripadvisor community. We are glad we were a great place for relaxation during your travels, we all know how stressful travel can be. We encourage you to look into our Park,Stay and Go package when flying out of Orlando International Airport. We look forward to your next stay. If I can be of further assistance please contact me directly.

sebastian.peralta@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
  • Turkish first
ft. lauderdale, fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We were coming from south florida to Orlando for one night to go to Sea World... I booked through Hotels Tonight as this hotel had the best reviews/ rate from 5 that were listed. I definitely made the right choice. I was concerned at first staying at a hotel near MCO as opposed to one closer to the parks but it was only a 10-15 min drive to sea world and although there as some airplane noise it didnt bother us or our 3 yo.

The Hampton is is right off the main road and across the parking lot is a NY diner and 2 other other restaurants so dont be worried that there is no on site eating. Check in was easy, no wait. We didnt get a room option through hotels tonight, but I was glad I asked bc the king rooms only have a shower while queens have tub/ shower combo. We opted for a regular queen room which was well appointed, was very clean feeling/ looking and had a mini fridge. We were on 2nd floor above the firepit/ pool and for a Saturday night we didnt notice any loudness noises etc.. and we were back in room around 11pm.

The hotel was built in the fall of 2012 and you can tell. It is very clean and modern looking. Lots of places to sit and check email or play cards, relax. They have a 24 hr coffee/ tea bar which was a nice feature. In the morning we took advantage of the hot/ cold breakfast which was the nicest of any hotel I have stayed at in Orlando. You could make waffles, they offered a meat (sausage), scrambled eggs, hot oatmeal and fixings, 5 different cereals, yogurt, bananas, bagels, muffins and pastries. We didnt use the pool, but it seemed nice enough, there was also a business office we we didnt use but like I said we got there at 3:30pm and checked out the next day at 10am. However, we would have been pleased and comfortable staying longer.

Overall, I would totally recommend the Hampton Inn at Gateway Village, nicest hotel weve stayed at for under the $80-$100 a night range. Free parking, wifi, and breakfast... cant beat that!

1 Thank jlh6884
Thank you for taking the time to share such a detailed review with the Tripadvisor community. We appreciate that you enjoyed the hotel and that you found us to be a great value for your money. We hope to have you as a guest again in the future. If I can be of further assistance please contact me directly.

Durham, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

Stayed one before heading to Port Canaveral Cruise Terminal. The staff are well trained and may be the best group I've ever encountered and I travel every week for my job.
My wife had recently had surgery, a wheel chair was provided her and was ours to use during our stay.
Every associate went out of their way to make our stay stress free and comfortable.
I would stay here again anytime.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank fieldops
Thank you for your great recommendation to the Tripadvisor community about our hotel. We are happy to hear that everything went great with your stay prior to going on your cruise. Our staff takes great pride in providing great customer service and it sounds like they all lived up to it. We look forward to your next stay with us. If I can be of further assistance please contact me directly.

Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Stayed here because my flight was cancelled which left me VERY upset. Nicholas checked us in at the front desk and was SO helpful and had such a positive attitude. Shortly after checking in Ty drove us to grab some necessities at a nearby convenient store since we were left without transportation. The staff here made our flight delay into a positive experience and turned our awful day of traveling into a great stay at the Hampton Inn! Awesome clean rooms and free wifi were a great added bonus! Great place to stay, I will definitely come here again, this time by choice! :)

1 Thank Taylor K
Thank you for taking the time to share your views with the Tripadvisor community. We understand how stressful it can be when a flight is cancelled, we are happy to hear we were a positive part in a negative situation. Also thank you for taking the time to recognize Nick and Ty for their customer service, I will make sure to recognize their efforts. We look forward to having you as our guest again in the future under better circumstances. If I can be of further assistance please contact me directly.

New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

I seldom write review except for accommodations that I think are truly worth me spending the time on it. This location is very, very clean - the best I've stayed in amongst the chain-type hotels (e.g. Courtyard, Hilton, etc.) We stayed for 3 nights and the staff was friendly. The fitness room is larger than most and well-maintained. Breakfast kept us going, waffles actually tasted good. They provide all day coffee and tea. The patio area next to the swimming pool was very relaxing, wide open space and nice patio furniture. For the first time in many years, I actually enjoyed staying in a hotel. I would recommend people going to Orlando to stay in this Hampton Inn, not that close to the theme park area but still convenient.

4 Thank etan
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with the Tripadvisor community. We are elated to hear how impressed you were with our accommodations. The fire pit area is a guest favorite because of it's relaxing atmosphere. We look forward to having you as our guest again in the future. If I can be of further assistance please contact me directly.

Orlando, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

I thought the hotel was in superb condition. I do not have any complaints. The staff were very friendly. I utilized the shuttle from the airport to the hotel and it was perfect. I arrived late at night and I contacted them when I landed, they asked that I call them when I had my bags. It took along time for my bags to deplane and the hotel called to make sure I was ok and ready to be picked up. When I was ready to be picked up they arrived in about 7-10 minutes. Check in was less than a couple minutes. And they were still very friendly at a very late hour in the evening.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

2 Thank Larry W
Thank you for taking the time to share your views about our hotels with the Tripadvisor community. We are glad to hear everything went well during your stay and that you found our staff friendly even late in the evening. Our team takes great pride in providing the best service possible. We hope to have you as our guest again in the future. If I can be of further assistance please contact me directly.

Oakland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Probably the best hotel I've stayed at in this category in Orlando. The room had a nice layout with the sleeping area and living area separated by table for TV/computer/etc. Friendly service upon check-in. Would stay here again.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank dougly
Thank you for the great recommendation you posted on Tripadvisor, we appreciate the time you took. We are happy you found great service and a well appointed room during your stay. We hope to have you as our guest again in the future if your travels bring you back into the area. If I can be of further assistance please contact me directly.