“perfect pre cruise stay!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando Airport @ Gateway Village
Ranked #5 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Dallas, Texas
“perfect pre cruise stay!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This hotel was lovely from the minute they pick you up from the airport with a free courtesy shuttle and down to the last person who says goodbye, the staff is super helpful, friendly and obviously loves their job. The general manger is just awesome and the free breakfast was great! We chose to stay here pre cruise as our flight got in late and I didn't want to pay the overinflated prices at the port/beach area for such a quick stay. The hotel drove us back to the airport first thing in the morning where we did a one way car rental with Budget to the port. So much cheaper than cruise shuttles and way more relaxed. Rooms were spacious and the whole place was immaculate! This is probably one of the nicest if not the nicest Hamptons we have ever stayed in...don't hesitate!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank abster70
Sebastian P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando Airport @ Gateway Village, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with the Tripadvisor community. We are glad we were a perfect fit for your cruise plans, we have many guest who enjoy the same convenience when taking cruise from Port Canaveral. We hope to have you as our guest next time your plans bring you into Orlando. If I can be of further assistance please contact me directly.

sebastian.peralta@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
  • Turkish first
Carmel, Indiana
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We stayed at this property 4 nights to visit family in Orlando to enjoy Sea World and Disney World. Starting with the shuttle service, to check-in and to all services during our stay, everyone on the hotel staff was so nice and helpful. The free Bang-Bang shrimp across the street at Bone Fish was a nice offer we enjoyed.

The property is in a good location, very close to the Orlando airport, but also not that far from Sea World & Disney World. It has a nice swimming pool we all enjoyed as well. We highly recommend this property!!

2 Thank 09pappyfarrell
Thank you for sharing with the Tripadvisor community that we were a great fit and value for your family vacation. We are also happy to hear you enjoyed our van service, pool and one of the many restaurants which are in walking distance. We invite you to stay with us again if your travels bring you back into the area. If I can be of further assistance please contact me directly.

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed July 6, 2013

This Hampton is by far the nicest Hampton I've ever been to. Parking was not a problem, and I checked in late at night without a reservation, but Stanley the guest agent was able to book me a room without hesitation. He was very courteous, and I had a nice short conversation with him before I checked into my room. Who knew that employees who work late nights could still be so friendly?

The room was perfect when I went inside. The bathrooms are pristine, which is great because I can be a little OCD when it comes to cleanliness. The bed was was very comfortable and all the sheets were very clean.

The next morning we had breakfast on the patio outside, near the pool. It was gorgeous weather outside, and they have so much seating out there. One of the first things I noticed they offer for breakfast were the turkey sausage links. This pretty much completed my stay because my boyfriend and I don't eat pork, so it's the perfect and healthiest option for other guests like us. The scrambled eggs were fully cooked (awesome!) and NOT runny, unlike the scrambled eggs that you will find at most other hotels' breakfast bars.

Checkout was a breeze. The guest agent who checked me out, Victoria, was very pleasant. She greeted me with a smile and wanted to make sure that I had a great stay. I couldn't ask for a better experience.

I will only be staying at this Hampton when I visit Orlando in the future! Like the commercials that claim "Hamptonality", this one most certainly has it!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Julia E
Sebastian P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando Airport @ Gateway Village, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
We are elated to hear that you had an amazing stay, we happy to hear you enjoyed so many aspects of the hotel. Thank you for sharing such a detailed review with the Tripadvisor community. We also appreciate you recognizing Stanley's and Victoria's efforts, they are a great part of the team and I will make sure to recognize their efforts. We hope to have you as our guests again in the future. If I can be of further assistance please contact me directly.

Lancaster, United States
Reviewed July 5, 2013

The primary reason that we chose this hotel was its proximity to the airport and the shuttle. The shuttle was overbooked and we had to wait for the next shuttle, which caused us to feel rushed at the airport. Room was clean and comfortable. Walking distance to variety of restaurants. Too rainy to swim but pool appeared clean and nice. Lobby well decorated. Left too early to have breakfast so no review regarding food.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank Crystal M
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with the Tripadvisor community. I'm sorry we were not able to meet you expectations for your shuttle needs. We are always working to improve and we appreciate the feedback. We are happy to hear you enjoyed the aothe features of the hotel. We hope to have you as a guest again in the future. If I can be of further assistance please contact me directly.

Cumming, Georgia
Reviewed July 3, 2013

My grandson and I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights while visiting friends. Hotel is very quiet and the beds are so comfortable. Great hotel, friendly and helpful staff. We received a card for a complimentary appetizer at Bonefish Grille and WOW the Bang Bang Shrimp was delicious. Lisa was our shuttle driver and was so helpful. Thanks to all the staff for a relaxing stay.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

2 Thank Mari B
Sebastian P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando Airport @ Gateway Village, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your travels with your grandson. We are glad to hear you had a great stay. Thank you for taking the time to recognize Lisa and the staff for their service, they are very dedicated to making sure all guests are happy. We hope to have as our guest again in the future if your travels bring you back into Orlando. If I can be of further assistance please contact me directly.

Rancho Santa Margarita, California, United States
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Just returned from this hotel after AAU Volleyball Tournament. We made a last minute reservation here due to a mix up on our original reservation at another hotel. Sooooo glad! The hotel is new and beautiful. The staff was so very nice to accommodate our teenage volleyball team from Southern California. We had a nice chat with Vanessa, the hotel manager, about our stay and that we would certainly recommend this property. The surrounding area is nice and the restaurants nearby are great and really convenient. Everything was easy to get to including the airport and highways. The team truly enjoyed the breakfast buffet even though we had to rush some mornings. I loved that coffee was available early and I did not have to wait for the buffet to open. We had two suite rooms as well as regular rooms and it was perfect for our group. The girls loved the suite rooms in that they were able to spread out and relax after a long day.
Will definite consider staying here again next year.

1 Thank JillC_TeamMom
Sebastian P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando Airport @ Gateway Village, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give a detailed review of your stay for the Tripadvisor. We are glad you enjoyed the rooms, the 24 hr coffee, breakfast and the convenient location of the hotel. We are so happy to hear we were able to help you out of the situation that happened at the other property. I will make sure to pass on your comments to the staff and Vanessa our Market Director of Sales regarding your stay. We hope to have you as our guest again if your travels bring you back into the area. If I can be of further assistance please contact me directly.

Burlington, Iowa, United States
Reviewed July 2, 2013

The staff at the Hampton Inn and Suites at Gateway Village is beyond professional. The hotel is a newer property so the rooms are great but it was the staff that put this Hampton above and beyond. I recommend this hotel for anyone in the Orlando area!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Grant B
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with the Tripadvisor community. It a fact that the staff is what differentiates properties from each other, thank you for recognizing the efforts from our staff. We hope to have you as our guest next time your travels bring you back into the area. If I can be of further assistance please contact me directly.