Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando Airport @ Gateway Village
Ranked #5 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed May 9, 2013

As a busy business traveler in search of nice hotel properties I was extremely happy with the HI Suites near the Orlando Airport. The front office staff of Ally and Victoria were so friendly and accomodating. They greeted me with smiles and offered local resteraunts for dining.

I wish more Hotels were like this one
S

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Scott N
Sebastian P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando Airport @ Gateway Village, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to recognize the great service you received from Victoria and Ally while traveling. They are both great members of our team, I will make sure to also take the time to recognize their efforts. We look forward to your next stay with us. If I can be of further assistance please contact me directly.

sebastian.peralta@hilton.com

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando Airport @ Gateway Village

Reviewed May 6, 2013

I stayed at this hotel this past weekend and was very happy with my experience. The hotel itself was very clean and the staff was very friendly. I was having troubles with my room and Victoria was able to give me a room that was more accommodating. I have a walker and was having trouble with my luggage Allysha was kind enough to assist me with my room change. This was a very pleasant and I would stay again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jack P
Sebastian P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando Airport @ Gateway Village, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

We are so glad that you had a great stay and that you took the time to share this with the Tripadvisor community. Allysha and Victoria are great members of the team and I will make sure to recognize their efforts for their great service. We hope to have you as a guest again in the future if your travels bring you back into the area. If I can be of further assistance please contact me directly.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

This is a very nice Hampton. First of all I love Hamptons and I love this one because it is new. It is very well kept up and has a lovely color scheme/furnishings, also has 3 elevators so you don't have to wait. We stayed 5 nights here on our trip to Disney World. Now I say this is a great hotel, but only if you are needing to stay close to the airport-its literally right next door. I thought it was pretty cool you could see them land and take off from the hotel, however, there is slight noise which didn't bother me and I only noticed it once or twice. If you are planning a family trip I would not recommend this hotel. It is at least 20-25 mins from Disney and that trip involves $1 in tolls one way and if you aren't careful where you get on the toll road you could easily get trapped to go .25 for another $1.25. I found the hotel very hard to get to if you weren't coming from the airport. But after a week of staying there we got the travel down back and forth. But this is not the hotels fault, just fyi if you are considering. Oh and I loved check in, best check in experience I've ever had. The front desk lady was very friendly and greeted me as a Gold HHonors member and upgraded us to a suite for the week, which I loved and I read before they do for Golds, one of the reasons I chose to stay here even thought it was out of the way. The upgrade was nice as we were able to utilize the pull out sofa so everyone had their own bed and there was more room to relax. My only concerns were housekeeping came late (think like 5pm) to freshen up our room so there were times when we came back and they hadn't gotten to us yet. We would have liked more towels made available. I have seen Hamptons put extras under the sink before and that would have been a nice touch just in case. They did have towels for the pool but we didn't have time to enjoy it, We didn't see anyone other there much when we were there. The weather was crazy with the rain all week long. Breakfast was your typical rotating Hampton mention which I have gotten used to, (scrabbled eggs, sausage, bacon, potatoes, biscuits and gravy, oatmeal, waffle makers etc) my other guests no so much. My concern was that they attendants were very attentive to when the hot items were out. This happened several mornings and the staff did not acknowledge guests when they were working in the area. Most of which did not speak English so you could not communicate, same with housekeeping. Only saw a manager overseeing the area our last day in which the service was a bit better. Otherwise, our stay was pleasant and would stay here again if we needed to use the airport but like I said, getting to I4 can be a pain.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank nsucollegekid
Sebastian P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando Airport @ Gateway Village, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and also for providing such a detailed and informative post to the Tripadvisor community. We are glad you were were happy with so many aspects of your stay. Also thank you for the feedback regarding breakfast. We will make sure to address your concerns with the team. We hope to have you as a guest again if your travels bring you back into the area. We hope to have you as our guest again in the future. If I can be of further assistance please contact me directly.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

Booked the hotel on the internet via the hilton hhonors website, we were looking for a convenient hotel after a long day flying from the UK.
One slight problem, when we arrived at the airport there was no courtesy hotel phone and my cell phone, for some strange reason, would not work so I begged a phone call off a rival hotel driver. The bus arrived very quickly and we were soon at the hotel and not long after that fast asleep. The bed was very comfortable, the usual Hampton standard but as usual on the first night away our internal clock woke us up at normal UK waking up time. Breakfast was OK and we took the hotel bus back to the airport to collect the hire car to start our travels. To be honest I can’t remember anything special about the hotel apart from looking out of the window and seeing people sat round an open fire and wondering what was happening.
The hotel served its purpose, a clean safe bed for the night after a long day

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank highgreave

Thank you for choosing to stay with us for your one night after a long trip. We are glad to hear everything met your needs for your stay. As you mentioned the fire pit is one of our guests favorite amenities as guest like to to sit around the fire pit in the evening and relax with a drink. We hope to have you as a guest again in the future if your travels bring you back into the area. If I can be of further assistance please contact me directly.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

Our stay was in January and quite unexpected when our plane was downed by a bird strike at take off. We lost an engine and the other was dodgy but were able to land safely and then were taken to 2 different hotels for the night before our return to UK the next day. We were taken to this hotel which had recently opened. We had a very large room and I do mean large but the strange thing was it didn't have a wardrobe. Being there only one night this didn't matter to us and there were some hooks and a few coat hangers but considering the size of the room this was strange. All amenities were great and good amount of tea and coffee etc. The bathroom was fantastic. Again a good size and nice and bright with a lovely shower. Our breakfast in the morning was very nice and they coped well with the sudden influx of people filling the hotel to capacity. Staff were friendly and very helpful considering out situation and helped us liase with the airline. If we wanted an airport hotel I would have no hesitation in recommending this and would stay here again. I have put goodt value because we didn't pay but on research found their prices to be as equally good as any airport hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank marks611

We very happy to hear that you would stay with us again. We are sorry to hear your stay was due to airline issues but glad to hear how pleased you were with everything during your stay. We hope you do get to stay with us under better circumstances in the future. We hope to have you as our guest again in the future. If I can be of further assistance please contact me directly.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

My husband recently planned a birthday surprised for me and with the amazing hospitality service that Allison Martin, guest service manager of this property provided, she made my day a memorable one from the moment we entered the hotel.
At check in Allison and her staff provided us with a warm welcome and a birthday gift and card, which made me feel so special! Allison extanded my husband an upgrade and the suite was beautiful! First of all the lay out was great, pool view, suite was expecious, very clean, comfortable pillows and bed. Overall it was a memorable birthday. I highly recommend this property not only for all it's amenities but for it's friendly staff.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ecomas
Sebastian P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando Airport @ Gateway Village, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

We are so glad to hear that we help make your husband's birthday a memorable. Allison is a great part of our team and we are thrilled to have her here. I will make sure to recognize her efforts . Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the Tripadvisor community. We hope to have you as our guest again in the future. If I can be of further assistance please contact me directly.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Stayed one night w/ a family of four prior to a cruise out of Port Canaveral. The location is very close to MCO, but far enough that there are no noise issues. The front desk staff was very friendly and fast. By the time I tipped the courtesy van driver and grabbed our bags, my wife was already standing there w/ room keys in hand. The hotel itself is new and absolutely spotless including the business center which has two hi-speed computers w/ large monitors. It's obviously well run as every detail was just right . Out back there is a nice pool and sitting area w/ a fire pit and the most comfortable outdoor furniture any of us had ever seen. There are several nice chain restaurants within walking distance and the friendly courtesy van drivers will take you to many other restaurants w/in a 3 mile radius. We were glad we flew in the night before the cruise as we had a nice dinner and relaxing stay. Slept in and enjoyed the free breakfast w/ a surprising variety and quality of offerings. We arrived at the ship relaxed and ready to cruise, much better than if we had flown in that morning. I would definitely stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
2  Thank Mark M
Sebastian P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando Airport @ Gateway Village, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Thank you for the detailed account of your stay and how well we fit in your cruise travel plans. We a happy to hear that that all our amenities and location were a great fit for your plans. The fire pit area and the restaurants we have within walking distance are some of our guests favorite amenities. We hope to have us our guest next time you decide to take a cruise. If I can be of further assistance please contact me directly.