Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando Airport @ Gateway Village
Ranked #4 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
Ocala, Florida
“Excellent stay!”
Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel, everything is new and clean... Love the fireplace and the pool area!! We will stay again!! The breakfast buffet was delicious and hot, is a kidfrienly hotel and place to stay with the family for sure :) even when Disney is not next door is worth it :)

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank mary62500
Sebastian P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando Airport @ Gateway Village, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the Tripadvisor community. We are so happy to hear that you found everything to be great with your stay. We hope to have you as our guest again in the future. If I can be of further assistance please contact me directly.

sebastian.peralta@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
  • Turkish first
Sacramento, California
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I left my sport coat in the room closet when I left. Getting it back has been an ordeal. Called and spoke to the front desk, was promised a call back, but they never called back. Called and talked to the manager, after being put on hold for 10 minutes, was disconnected. Manager was not really sorry that her staff ignored customer request.

You can find a better place to stay, that values customer service. (I have stayed over 30 nights in Hampton Inns in the last 12 months)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Sebastian P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando Airport @ Gateway Village, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
I'm disappointed to hear about the service you received when trying to retrieve the item you left behind. This is not the type of service we aspire to provide. From your comments I could not tell if your coat was located. Please contact me directly so I may assist in getting this situation resolved promptly. Please accept my sincere apologies regarding this issue.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

I never write reviews, but our recent stay at this hotel made all the difference. In a few words it was awesome. We were picked up by the shuttle driver quickly and he was friendly. We got to the hotel in 5 mins and the front desk was cheerful. After only waiting for 15 mins they found us a room for early check in. Thank you Edison and Stanley for evrything. Cant wait to go back.

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank miclave
We are happy to hear you were so pleased with the service you received during your stay. Thank you for taking the time to recognize Stanley and Edison, I will make sure they are rewarded for their great service. We look forward to your next stay. If I can be of further assistance please contact me directly.

Burton upon Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Nice hotel (clean, modern, nice rooms, comfortable bed, friendly staff, good location) but spoiled by the cheap nasty prison style breakfast, and the rip-off prices in the lobby sweet shop. Fix these two things and it would be a really nice hotel.

Breakfast was pretty poor quality and not in keeping with the overall quality of the hotel (cheap processed ingredients and poor quality fruit and cereals, no muesli, everything over processed and packed with salt, fat and sugar) and served on disposable polystyrene plates with plastic knives and forks. Detracts from otherwise high quality image of the hotel as well as making it look like your hotel chain doesn't care about the environment.

Hotel sweet shop horribly overpriced. Felt like I'd been mugged when they told me the price of a Kitkat and a bottle of water. Is it really necessary to fleece guests like this just to make a couple more dollars? Surely its more important they come back and recommend to friends.

On a more positive note everything went smoothly, and the room was large (King Suite) clean and comfortable. Location great for the airport. Its also only a couple of hundred metres from a large nature park with a lake which was a great place to chill out.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Top_Gun_Prague
Thank you for taking the time to provide feed back both the negative and the positive. We are always looking to improve and guest feedback is one of our key resources. Thank you for sharing your disappointment regarding the Suite Shoppe pricing and the Hampton Inn & Suites brand breakfast I will forward your comments to the brand regarding your concerns. The disposable tableware we use for breakfast is composed from potato starch so it is biodegradable. We are glad to hear that the other aspects of your stay went well. We hope to have you as our guest in the future if your travels bring you back into the area. If I can be of further assistance please contact me directly.

San Jose, California
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I too read the previous reviews before booking my trip to Orlando in February, after experiencing some housekeeping issues at another Hilton property in October of 2012. This is a newer property with great furnishings, clean bathrooms and comfortable beds. I like the new room layout with the beds on one side separated by a work station with clothes drawers and a couch and chair on the other side. Breakfast was the typical Hampton Inn menu; eggs, potatoes, sausage along with with fruit,yogurt, pastries, waffles, oatmeal and cereals.

The hotel is adjacent to some nice restaurants and I didn't have the opportunity to wait 45 minutes for dinner at the Bonfish Grill, but I will during my next stay. The front desk person "Stanley" was so polite to a (hard of hearing) traveler who had to have the directions repeated numerous of times while I and two other people were waiting to be checked in. Had to schedule a 5:30 am shuttle ride to the airport with no problems.

Excellent modern hotel with great service and decent pricing. I wouldn't hesitate recommending this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: For quiter rooms you may want to request a room facing Frontage Rd versus Semoran Blvd.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank EdUrias
Thank you for sharing your great experiences during your stay with the Tripadvisor community. We are glad everything went great during your stay. Thank you also for taking the time to recognize Stanley for his great service, I will make sure he is rewarded for his efforts. We look forward to you staying with us in the future. If I can be of further assistance please contact me directly.

Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

After a long day I chose my typical favorite, Hampton Inn, to stay at before an early flight out. Rooms are nice but attention to detail is needed. I desired to have a cup of camomile tea but they ran out, rooms are about as pricey by the airport in Orlando as they are in the resort town of Steamboat Springs in ski season, hair was in the corners of the bathroom, the alarm did not work...hope I get my wake up call tomorrow! Small stuff, but Hilton needs to insure their quality standards are held high everywhere. Staff was very nice and welcoming. There are several restaurants right by the hotel which you can walk to in 3-4 minutes. I'd stay again if I had to...lastly being a new hotel I hope I get some good peaceful sleep w/o hearing the neighbors. Ciao!

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank MtnLady2004
Sebastian P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando Airport @ Gateway Village, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for also being willing to stay with us in the future if you are in the area. We appreciate all feedback and I apologize for the lack of detail in the bathroom area. I will follow up with my housekeeping team to improve on the quality of their inspections. I will also pass on the rest of your comments to the staff. If I can be of further assistance please call me directly.

NE
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I chose this property based on previous tripadvisor reviews and was not disappointed. It appears to be a brand new property with a cute little outdoor sitting area where you can enjoy an evening drink. A bonefish grill is 20 steps away and airport @ 5 minutes. The rooms are nicely furnished and typical comfy Hampton beds plus no noise from your neighbors! The staff were over-the-top friendly, the young man who checked me in Tuesday 2/26 was amazing and he had a lot to go over. They have fancy new locks where you just swipe your card and extra charging stations by the night stand. GENIUS! Thanks for a great stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the main road to eliminate any extra noise.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank ALWAYSTRAVELWELL
Sebastian P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando Airport @ Gateway Village, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences regarding your stay with the Tripadvisor community. We are glad to hear you noticed some of the small detail like the charging stations and RFID locks. We hope to have you as a guest again in the future. If I can be of further assistance please contact me directly.