Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando Airport @ Gateway Village
$116
$93
HolidayInn.com
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $106/night.

$136
$129
$111
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of $143/night.

Caribe Royale Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$129
  • Restaurant
Marriott's Grande Vista(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$165
$380
$271
Priceline
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $335/night.

1,981 results
All reviewsbonefish grillfire pitseveral restaurants within walking distanceshuttle driverport canaveralgreat hotelnext morningan early morning flightcomplimentary breakfastrental carfree shuttlethe breakfast areaone night stayoutdoor poolfront desk staffsitting areaking suite
Reviewed February 16, 2013

This hotel has obviously gotten many good reviews and I can see why. Upon check-in, the front desk couldn't have been nicer and more friendly, but now that I've been in my room a while I'm noticing that there are several things that are lacking in terms of cleanliness.

- I opened the drapes only to find fingerprints all over the window which indicates that the window hasn't been cleaned in quite some time
- Candy wrappers were all over the couch, in plain sight. How could the maid have missed that?
- The shampoo bottle is half full. Aren't they supposed to provide full bottles for the next guest?
- Fingerprints and dried gunk all over the desk which seems to indicate the maid didn't bother to wipe off the desk.

Overall the property is in a great location, relatively new and if it wasn't for the lack of detail in the cleaning I would have given it five stars. However, it was very simple things that could have been done like wiping down the desk, cleaning the window, leaving a full bottle of shampoo, but just wasn't done. I'm not sure if the hotel is short staffed in the housekeeping department, but they should properly train the staff to clean the entire room and pay attention to the details.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Sebastian P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando Airport @ Gateway Village, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Thank you for sharing your views about your stay on Tripadvisor both the positive and the negative, it gives us an opportunity to review where we are doing well and where we need to improve. I'm sorry to hear about the cleanliness issues with your room. I completely agree with you that these were issues that were not up to our standards. I will review your information with my housekeeping team so we can avoid another guest having the same issues in the future. We hope to have you as a guest again if your travels bring you back into the area. If I can be of further assistance lease contact me directly.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

My stay in Orlando over ran by a night so I needed an additional night at reasonable cost. I was in the Hilton Garden Inn across the road but could not get a reasonable rate, so moved across to this property for the extra night.

This the second Hampton Inn at the airport. In fact, Hilton group is starting to dominate hotels at the airport - in the Lee Vista complex there is an Embassy Suites, a Hampton Inn and a Hilton Garden Inn, whilst on the opposite side of Semoran Blvd in the Gateway Village area, an older property has become a Doubletree, whilst there is a new build Hampton Inn and a Homewood Suites in the final stage of construction.

This Hampton Inn was standard Hampton fare. A good sized clean room, with free wifi, a comfortable bed, and a spotless bathroom filled with fluffy towels. It's worth noting that this Hampton did not have a tub in the bathroom...I much prefer a soak to a shower so this was a minor disappointment - most new Hampton's I have stayed in in Europe have only had showers so may be this is now a Hampton standard. Amenities were provided in the form of small bottles of shampoo, conditioner and body lotion. The bathroom also contained a coffee maker, with disposable cups rather than china.

All the staff I encountered in the lobby area were pleasant and very friendly, and the lobby area was clean and very welcoming, Being in Florida, this property has an outdoor swimming pool and and area of tables and chairs around it.

Parking was plentiful and free.

There are no evening dining options in the hotel that I was aware of, which is normal for a Hampton. But you can cross the car park for a Longhorn Steakhouse or a Bonefish Grill - both recommended.

The only big disappointment remains the Hampton Inn breakfast. It is free, but not good. The breakfasts I have experienced in Hampton Inns in the UK and Europe have been of good quality, with limited but good hot food options, fresh bread and pastries, and real plates and cups. The Hampton breakfast in the US and Canada comes nowhere near. The pastries are like rubber, all the plates, cutlery and cups are disposable, and the hot options are plain weird. Strange pre-formed "omelettes" with bacon that was more akin the plastic than meat. If Hampton Inns in the US could sort out breakfast, they would be an option more frequently used by myself.

All of that said, breakfast was free and I did have cereal and a rubber pastry. Checkout was quick, the bill accurate, and again the staff friendly.

A good choice for a cheap and cheerful overnight stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank David W

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and also sharing your impressions with the Tripadvisor community. We appreciate your feedback regarding the area and the hotel. We are sorry to hear you were disappointed with the breakfast, I will make sure that is part of the feedback I give back to our team. Regarding the showers we do have a mix of rooms with both showers and tubs, although our tubs are located in rooms with two queen beds. We hope to have you as a guest in the future. If I can be of further assistance please let me know.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

We needed a hotel for one night, near the Orlando airport. Stayed herenbased upon other reviews. Very clean, big rooms, very close to airport, quiet, comfortable bed, great staff, great restaurants right next door. Shuttle van driver happily drove my wife to nearby drug store. I highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank 2jackson
Sebastian P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando Airport @ Gateway Village, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Thank you for recommending us to the Tripadvisor community. We are delighted to hear every met your satisfaction and that the shuttle service was of use for you. We hope you get to stay with us again in the future. If I can be of further assistance please contact me directly.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

I stayed here with my wife and two small kids last Friday night after our flight in from Buffalo before our transfer to Port Canaveral on Saturday morning for a Cruise.

I chose this hotel because of the reviews on TA, it's new, close to the airport, and priced right (~$100/night). We arrived around 8pm and ended up waiting about 30 mins for their free shuttle as we just missed one - a bit of a drag. After the short ride, we were checked in and in the room by 8:45pm. The shuttle driver was courteous and friendly, and helpful with our luggage.

Check in was very quick - and although there is no restaurant in the hotel they have a snack shop that sells everything you would expect + wine and beer. There are plenty of restaurants within a few hundred yards, and a grill across the parking lot that delivers to the Hotel Lobby (not the rooms). As we checked in, we saw people enjoying a drink at the fire pit in the back of the hotel - nice.

The room was perfect. Big. Two comfortable queen beds, with a desk separating the bedroom from a living room area with fold out couch. Flat screen tv on a flexible arm, so you can watch on the couch or in bed. There was a kitchenette with small fridge and sink.

Free breakfast and wifi are is a major plus – stay away from the scrambled eggs and French Toast – everything else is good. Coffee/Tea, juice, yogurt, fruit, cold cereal, make your own waffles, pastries, etc. Express check out was a breeze. At breakfast we found a lot of other people on their way to the port, as there were three ships sailing that day.

Overall, I would surely stay at this hotel for a pit stop again. Great location, New, Great Value.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank MikeInThornhill

Thank you for the all the details you shared for the Tripadvisor community and for us. We are glad that we were a positive step in your cruise vacation. WI will share all your feedback with my team so we can continue to provide a high level of satisfaction for our guests. We hope you get to take another cruise in the future and that you will choose to stay with us again. If I can be of further assistance please contact me directly.

Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is very new. I stayed here for a conference. If you need to be near the Orlando airport by all means this is a good choice but if that isn't your goal don't choose this one. It isn't close to much. There are a few restaurants nearby but no shuttle service to theme parks. Their shuttle will take you within a three mile radius of hotel and that's it. Their are many toll roads to get to it. The rooms were spacious and clean. Their was tea and coffee available pretty much all the time. Breakfast needed some help. Crappy eggs and no meat. Their staff accommodated our needs. We could hear the planes coming in most of the night. Overall a good property if u need an airport.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank BeachloverAr

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your experience. We always look for feedback both positive and negative. I will discuss both the positive and negative comments with my team. We will try and improve the areas we can change, especially the breakfast. We hope you will stay with us in the future if you have needs in the area. If I can be of further assistance please contact me directly.