“Close to airport!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando Airport @ Gateway Village
Ranked #7 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Very nice, new hotel. We had a King bed and it was very comfortable. Room was quiet, even though it is close to the airport.Lots of restaurants in the area to choose from. The breakfast room was very large and the food was well stocked.Would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank usatrvl
Sebastian P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando Airport @ Gateway Village, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent visit to the Orlando International Airport area, we are glad you had a great stay while visiting us. Also thank you for your recommendations to the TripAdvisor community as a great place to stay in the area. We look forward to your future stay and if I can be of further assistance please contact me directly.

sebastian.peralta@hilton.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,851)

Reviewed January 7, 2013

The hotel is very close to the airport and was ideal for an overnight stay.
They provide a free shuttle service to and from the airport.
They provide a complimentary and delicious hot and cold breakfast.
They provide free internet service in their business suite.
They provide complimentary hot drinks 24/7 in the foyer.

The rooms were spotless, and very well presented and the facilities were first rate.
At the reception desk, Stanley was informative and very, very helpful, not just about the hotel facilities but also the local amenities.

Within 5 minutes walk there are half a dozen or more eating places that will cater to most tastes.

All in all I would highly reccommend this place.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Steve W
Sebastian P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando Airport @ Gateway Village, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

We are glad to hear this was a great stopover for you and that all the amenities met your needs. Thank you for taking the time to recognize Stanley regarding his hospitality, he is a great part of our team and I made sure to recognize him personally for the impression he made during your stay. If I can be of further assistance please contact me directly,

______________________________

Reviewed January 6, 2013

This is a new hotel which is located right on the doorstep of the airport, making it a very convenient place to stay the night before a flight. The hotel is very comfortable, clean, quiet, and yet only 10 miles from Disney World. The staff was very accommodating. I would recommend this hotel without any reservations at all. There are also a couple of really good restaurants within walking distance.

Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank Janet L
Sebastian P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando Airport @ Gateway Village, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

It was great to hear that we met your needs for your stay and that you found that our amenities were what you were looking for. We are in a great area close to the airport and are centrally located to 4 restaurants withing walking distance. We hope to see you in the future in you come back to the area. If I can be of further assistance please call me directly.

Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

When we found that the lock on our door malfunctioned, the front desk clerk not only moved us immediately as requested, but also upgraded us to a suite since they don't have rollaway beds. The hotel is clean, new and very comfortable. I don't usually stay at Hampton and find Hilton overpriced but this experience has me reconsidering. I'll definitely check out Hampton in the future.

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank SpaceMom1

Thank you for sharing your comments. Although you did experience an issue it looks like the staff was diligent and responsive. I'm glad to hear you were satisfied with your stay and that you will think of booking with Hilton in the future. We hope that if your travel bring you back to Orlando that you will choose to stay with us. If I can be of further assistance please contact me directly,

Reviewed January 3, 2013

We have always been pleased with our stay at Hampton Inns, but New Year's night at this hotel was above and beyond anything we have experienced! We arrived in Orlando after an overnight flight and a day-long delay in a connecting airport. The young man who picked us up in the hotel shuttle was carrying a pizza for the staff, and when we remarked on the aroma, he suggested that we also could have one. He took us to a wonderful near-by pizza parlor, took care of some other guests while we waited, came back to pick us up and was willing to drive to a near-by liquor store so we could get a bottle of wine. The young woman who was running the front desk had wine glasses and a corkscrew ready for us, and had put us in a beautiful suite! We had a wonderful meal and a restful sleep and a lovely breakfast at the hotel the next morning. We can't say enough about the friendly care and attention we received from the night staff and the staff the next day! Truly above and beyond!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank ATT17

Thank you for sharing your experience during your stay with us. It is always great to hear about team members working in unison to deliver great service. Our staff takes pride in delivering great service and it certainly looks like you received it. We hope to have you as our guest again in the future if your travels bring you back into the area. If I can be of further assistance please contact me directly.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

I booked two rooms for my family at this Hampton Inn in order to be easy driving distance to Universal Studios. It's a well maintained property close (across the parking lot) to several good restaurants. What made this visit stand out were the actions of the front desk staff. We had already checked in and were getting on the elevator when the staff member who checked us in stopped us. He had noticed the size of our party (five adults and a child) and asked us if we would like a free upgrade to larger rooms. Of course, we accepted and it made our two night stay much more comfortable. We really appreciated the extra effort that he took to make our stay more enjoyable.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Thomas E
Sebastian P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando Airport @ Gateway Village, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay, we appreciate you choosing to stay with us. We are very glad to hear that the front desk team member went the extra mile to make your stay more comfortable stay . I will follow up with him and let him know about your comments. We hope that if travels bring you back to Orlando again that you will be staying with us. If I can assist you further please contact me directly.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

This is so far the best so far. I would rather stay here than the Gaylord Palms. The staff (most of them) are really nice specially this gentleman who works at night and drives the shuttle. He is very accommodating and really provide great service and has people skills. The room was worth the rate, a suite with a pool view. Nice. The only thing that made me disappointed is the hair that I found in the tub and under the duvet. I informed the FD and he said he will send to have it cleaned.......hmm should think of a better answer to a member. Well something I can live but of course it's nasty right!? But will stay again and hopefully will not experience this again.

Room Tip: Room on the upper Floor, book for a suite room it's worth it.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences on Tripadvisor. We are glad you found it to be a great stay on most regards and that you will be back. Please accept my sincere apology as that is the first thing that should have happened when you experienced those deficiencies in the cleaning of the room. I will be addressing the issue both with my front desk team and housekeeping team so it does not occur in the future. We look forward to you staying with us in the future, please contact me directly if I can be of further assistance.