“Looking forward to another stay!!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando Airport @ Gateway Village
Ranked #8 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

I may be a little bias, as I stay exclusively at Hilton Hotel properties. And some of my experiences have been better than others. But my stay at this property was one of the best Ive had in awhile...
From the moment the airport shuttle picked me up and arriving to the property, to the professionalism and courtesy of every employee I came across, to the easy check in. It did take me a few swipes of my key card to get used to their new key card system, but who's counting. From the nearly dozen restaurants closeby. 3 within walking distance from the hotel. The suites are sweet!! New, clean and modern rooms.. Did I say how awesome the staff is?? Believe it!! I cannot say enough of the great stay I had. I have found my new home away from home when visiting Orlando!!!

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank nnieves72
Sebastian P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando Airport @ Gateway Village, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Thank you for being a Hilton loyal guest, we appreciate your business. We are very happy to hear that this will be your new new "home" when visiting Orlando. Our whole staff prides itself in their service and we are glad to hear we exceeded your expectations. If I can be of further assistance please contact me directly,

sebastian.peralta@hilton.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,869)

Reviewed December 26, 2012

Stayed one night here after taking a bump due to overbooked on airline. Wonderful stay, shuttle driver very nice, helpful. Alittle busy when checking in due to party of 18 checking in before us. However, room was clean, well maintained, beds comfortable, nice flat screen tv and frig in room. Hotel is only a few months old. Location was great. Convenient to airport and lots of resturants. Free shuttle service in 3 mile radius. Outdoor pool, spa with fire pit/patio. Free breakfast was ok, typical hotel buffet breakfast.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Runaway47

We are happy to hear you found the accommodations great after getting bumped. We always strive to be an a comfortable place during travel, travel in itself is very stressful and we are always looking to take that out of the process. We hope to be able to have you as our guest in the future. If there is anything else I can help you with, please contact me directly.

Reviewed December 22, 2012

I stayed at this hotel December 15th. I was visiting Florida for the day and needed a place to stay that close to the airport and my destination.
When I arrived at the hotel, I was happy to see that it was close to a few restaurants which is always a bonus. When I entered the hotel, I was noticed how clean everything was, and the cleanliness of the lobby. The restroom was also clean.
Since we arrived early we had to wait for our room, but they still accommodated us and we got into our room earlier then the usual check in time.
Front desk staff was great, and free breakfast was good.
The room was clean and beds were comfortable.
I would probably stay at this hotel again.
I must mention that there is construction of another hotel next door, but it did not bother me, and the pool area, although in the back of the hotel, isn't that private.

• Stayed: December 2012
Sebastian P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando Airport @ Gateway Village, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2012

We are happy to hear we were able to exceed your expectations. We also appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with the Tripadvisor community. We hope your travels bring you into the area in the future. If I can be be of further assistance please let me know.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

Excellent property. Recently opened, conveniently adjacent to MCO, with a free shuttle (which I didn't use, so can't comment on that). My room was very comfortable and quiet. All manner of thoughtful convenience items provided. Staff were uniformly courteous and very helpful. Decent speed complimentary wifi. Business Centre had free printing. Breakfast was typical OK Hampton Inn; good news was that at 9:00 it was uncrowded, clean and quiet, with all items in good supply.
Very reasonable room rate. Conclusion: great place to stay if you will arrive late or leave early.

Not about the hotel, but about returning your rental car: there's no fuel available as you approach from the east on rt 528 until within a mile or so of MCO.....made for a nervous last few miles for me as the tank approached empty.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank CanadianTraveler65

We always strive to provide an excellent stay for our guest and I'm glad to hear we did this for you. Travel is always a stressful proposition and we a here to be the easy part of your trip. If another trip brings you into the area we look forward to seeing you again. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

What can I say .... The property is a new build located about a 5 minute drive form the airport.The rooms are clean and well appointed. Probably the best Hampton i stayed EVER! Its a great location for travellers and has a selection of restaurant located within a five walk.

i use an older Sat Nav and unfortunately it was difficult to find - also difficult on mt iPhone (new maps.......) however one call to reception and got good directions to the property.

It will be my NEW choice for accommodation at Orlando Airport in future!

WIFI was free - as it should be!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your great experience. We love to hear that we met your expectations. We look forward to having you as a regular guest in the future. If I can assist with anything do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

We stayed here as my husband's office is close by and found the hotel to be vey nice. Nothing fancy but great staff, clean rooms and good location for us. It was nice to be able to have breakfast on site and be within walking distance to places to eat.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Travel017
Sebastian P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando Airport @ Gateway Village, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

Thank you for choosing to stay with us, we are happy to hear that you found everything to your satisfaction. We hope that if business brings you back into the area you will stay with us. If there is anything else I can help you with please let me know directly.

Reviewed November 28, 2012

Stayed here 1 night (Monday of this week). It's probably the largest Hampton I've stayed in (8 floors) and had the best room layout I've been in. No TV next to the wall so you can't hear next door!

Hotel is very easy to find. Excellent food options within walking distance (Bonefish, Longhorn and TGI's to name but 3!). Very nice pool / outside area with a fire pit.

The only minor negatives are the breakfast (typical Hampton - Extremely basic) and the airport noise is a nuisance. I know it's an airport hotel but be prepared that from 6am there will be noisy jets taking off not too far away!

Room Tip: Go for a high even number to get further away from airport.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Thank for taking the time to let the Tripadvisor community know about you excellent stay. We appreciate that you noticed some of the subtle changes we made to provide a better stay such as the TV location. I would like to know the negative aspect that you experienced at breakfast. If you would like to contact me please do so directly.