“Hotttttt and OHHH so delicious”
Review of Private Island Ice Cream - MOVED

Private Island Ice Cream
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Liquid Nitrogen Ice Cream, Handcrafted, Gourmet, and Made to Order. Florida's original liquid nitrogen ice cream makers with more than 10 years experience. We have over 50 different things you can toss into your ice cream, including homemade caramel, fudge, butter pecan, fresh fruits, cookie dough, brownies. You can be the chef and create your own unique ice cream flavor, (no artificial syrups ever) which we then freeze up right before your eyes using liquid nitrogen. If you are a local and you'd like a fun place to take the family for an affordable night out, or a tourist looking for one of those unique world-class experiences that only Orlando can offer, then Private Island is the place for you!
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Excellent ice cream ive been trying different flavors each time Ive gone in (about 15 times now) and finally decided to write a review after trying the chocolate ghost pepper ice cream. If you like hot this is the ice cream for you not as delicious at the chock with caramel and peanut butter who the vanilla with cinnamon and banana, but it leaves a different feeling in ya as u can imagine. Ive seen many flavors of ice cream in many different places over the years but Whoever thought of putting ghost peppers into ice cream must have been sitting with a case of water when they decided to try it. My mouth was watering I wasnt sure if i needed water or another taste :).
The store is very comfortable not fancy but kid friendly, The owner seems very pleasant was interacting with myself and the kids as we watched him make the different blends we ordered. He talked to us telling us about the liquid nitrogen and giving us the popular mixes. I read different reviews and it amazes me that people whine about seating. Its an ice cream shop i didnt go in expecting a leather couch to sit on. Picnic table was good enough and im sure much easier to clean when the kids are done eating. Enjoy the ice cream take it to go if you want, But to knock an ice cream shop for the seating is pushing it. They must be used to eating ice cream in a plush mansion than like the rest of us who eat it when we are out an about with our kids or at theme park or after a movie etc
excellent fresh ice cream will be back again and again

1  Thank anthonyB719

Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

I thought this place was phenomenal and i would definitely return the next time i visit orlando. There is a wide array of flavors to order from. My 1 yr old remained occupied himself playing with whackamole alligators that sit on a little bench, which he was able to get on and off from alone. There are board games on a different table to play and relax as you eat ice cream.
In response to the prior review, although this is not coldstone, its not trying to be. It is next door to a kids gymnastic center and across from gatorland, its catered to smaller children. However, that did not take away from my experience, nor any one in my group's experience. I will agree that some flavors were not available when we went either. But other than that, i truly have no qualms about this place.

1  Thank Acamalicious
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Was looking forward to an interesting experience, and while the product was good, the method and atmosphere was sorely lacking. First impressions were of a cheaply put together operation. Bulky wooden picnic tables inside cluttered with childish games and play toys. One patio dining set placed awkwardly on the side. Set up made no sense. The room was large but could not seat many people comfortably. Walls were painted in a beachy, cape cod color palatte which was adorable. Too bad they didn't follow up with the style throughout the decor. Floor was a sand colored concrete which would be ok with the right design but right now it is stark and slightly dirty looking. No ambiance lighting to speak of. Some strings of $10 lights hung randomly in the front window area.

The service counter was a basic do it yourself counter top with no personality. Huge N2 tanks in the center of the work area that the counterman had to keep walking around. Everything was out in the open cluttered either on the counter or in plastic Rubbermaid containers on cheap wire shelves. Menus were large boards with items hand written on them in colored marker. Easy to read if not for the vast array of items listed. It would have been better if flavors were listed on boards and add-ins presented in a different manner, either on a sheet of paper at the counter in a decorative display case. This store needs a decorator, but that is not in the budget, the Owners need to take a drive to Cold Stone Creamery,  Pinkberry, and Bahama Breeze to get a sense of how to get some much needed atmosphere.

The Counterman mixing the ice cream was friendly but seemed distracted by a personal discussion with a friend seated at the patio table. He did not seem to be organized as he kept walking back and forth, at one point completely disappearing from view to retrieve an item from the back room. Freezing and mixing the ice cream was quick and interesting but it seemed to take him a long time to put everything together. Also the way the product was handled seemed more home kitchen approach than store quality (see Cold Stone Creamery methods). Although very friendly the counterman was very casual to the point of unprofessional. I requested macadamia nuts mixins which were listed on the big board hanging above our heads and was informed that they never have them. He did offer sliced almonds which he informed us was the same thing. He also told us that normally their caramel and fudge were homemade, but they were out and so he was using store bought. While cashing us out he mistakenly gave us the wrong change, shorting us by $5. This did not appear to be on purpose, just a result of his distracted nature. He also included  the words copyright and patent infringement when discussing the ice cream making process. He then proceeded to have a personal conversation with the friend while we sat opposite trying to enjoy our dessert. We felt uncomfortable and left promptly.

As experienced restaurant owners we know what works and what doesn't. The ice cream is a great product, and the method very unique. I very much enjoyed knowing exactly what was going into my serving. But the cluttered spaces, unprofessional personnel, and lack of atmosphere would definitely keep me from recommending this store to my friends.

6  Thank mayorfoghorn
Reviewed June 7, 2013

The ice cream here is fantastic! Totally unique and customizable! I got banana ice cream with Nutella & marshmallows tossed in! It was unbelievable!! The two others in my party got honey cinnamon and butterscotch mango! Where else can you get flavors like that?!? If you are in Orlando this should definitely be a stop you make!

1  Thank Liljenny702
Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

I found this place on trip advisor and I am glad I went. They make all the ice cream fresh by hand using liquid nitrogen. You can customize anything you want and they prepare it right in front of you. They make a full pint for $5.00 which is a great deal compared to other ice cream stores. It takes about 10 minutes to prepare since they constantly stir it and blast it with the liquid nitrogen. So don't go there if you are in a rush. Not that they are slow it just takes time to prepare your custom order. If you take your kids they will really think the process is really cool. Literally !

1  Thank John958