“The Star Here is Twinkle!”
Review of Chef Eddie's

Chef Eddie's
Ranked #1,890 of 3,931 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed April 1, 2013

My family and I love this place so much that we have gone more times than I can count. The food is great and the servers are very nice but the server of choice is Twinkle. She has a great Southern flare to match the great Southern food and she gets your order RIGHT each time. The shrimp and sausage meal is great, the grits are creamy and there are no lumps to be found!!!! The chicken-n-waffles is a comically large plate of food. Whenever someone orders it I can't help but laugh because it is so huge and looks soooo good. The waffles come in different flavors but they are all good. OMG... did I mention the corn muffins with pineapple butter???? So delicious and they bring you one straight from the oven. Try the bbq wings as an appetizer. I don't know what they do to these wings but they are addictive. I cannot say enough good things about this place. Oh and anything braised or slow cooked, you WANT that! Make sure you have mac and cheese as a side dish.

Now, no place is perfect so here are my only two complaints. The music is too loud! We normally go on a Sunday before 3PM and either the music is coming from the stereo or the live entertainment. You can't even relax and chat with the person next to you because of the extremely loud music. Maybe it is just me and my family because other patrons don't appear as bothered (unless they are complaining to one another like we do.) The other thing that could be improved is the appearance of this place. It is a bit dark, but some may call that ambience. Besides being too dark for my liking, it is located in a not so great neighborhood, the parking lot is very small and the overall feel of the inside of the place needs a major facelift. It is one of those things wherein I would have missed out on soooo many great meals had my sister not taken me there for the first time. Then once you're in there you realize, oh ok, it is not so bad, it is actually clean but you would think otherwise at first glance.

1  Thank WanderlustingFoodi

Reviewed January 10, 2013

My husband and I went here on our trip to Orlando in November. I like to find places that are true places. Local good food.. not something I can find around the corner. Anyway, we both had the rib dinner. Oh my!! So tasty. fell off the bone. And the sides...sweet potato casserole, cheesy grits and veggies.. all YUM! Chef Eddie came over and introduced himself to us which I thought was very nice. His wife served us, and was ever so sweet! I can't wait to go back on our next trip to Orlando. Yes, it is out of the way from the tourist area...but SO worth the drive. OH.. can't forget to mention the home made carrot cake! Maybe the best I've ever had:)

Reviewed January 3, 2013

This is a real review!!!

1. Its not hard to find. Dont let the area scare you its not that bad at all. I took my wife and daughter and felt very safe.

2. They have great customer service.

3. The food!

4. The food!

5. The food!

I have been all over the world and this is the best soul food i have ever had. We had fried chicken and waffles with meatloaf. The corn muffins are dam dam good!!! The greens and mac and cheese are off the chain. Chef eddies is a great chef..He took time to talk with me and took a picture with my wife and daughter. I could go on and on....But,let me say this! When was the last time you wanted to talk to the chef and take a picture with him! Enough said!

Reviewed December 13, 2012

I tried this place yesterday not expecting them to meet my high standards when it comes to food. They pleasantly surprised me. I had the ribs, collard greens, sweet potato casserole and a jalapeno corn bread with pieces of pineapple inside.
I don't like jalapenos but, I have been craving those jalapenos with pineapple corn bread muffins ever since. The collard greens were just the way I like them. Both the collard greens and sweet potato casserole were generous portions. I wasn't crazy about the ribs. They had a mustard type sauce on top. They were tender but, the sauce didn't do it for me.
I will be returning and try something different next time.

I will be honest. This is not the type of place you go for the atmosphere. Fine dining it is not but, don't let that deter you. The place looks terrible and is in a not too great part of town. However, you don't have to worry about your safety when you come here and the place is clean inside.

If you're not looking for a fancy place and just a place with delicious generous portions of food then you will love this place.

2  Thank lakecity211
Reviewed December 11, 2012

best fresh fried chickens, oxtails, steaks and all the trimmings of sides. Garrranty to satisfy, just bring your appetite. Friendly service and down to earth best cooking. Deep south find in vacation land Orlando--a true break from franchise restaurants. Try the Gospel Brunch also.