“Excellent!”

Waldorf Astoria Golf Club
Ranked #19 of 121 Outdoor Activities in Orlando
Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

Great and wonderful hotel, the staff is extremely kind, specially Karen, Laura and Mathew, they are always very helpful and gentle. Loved it!

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Played here on Sat with my bother in law and father in law. First time at the course and it was fantastic. What a scenic routing. It was over the top wet and the ball was imbedding all over the place. I can't wait to get back during a dry spell and play this course when it's playing fast. I bet it is frigin fantastic. I have played all over the world and this is one of my favorite courses.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

First things first...check golfnow.com for the lowest rates. I got on for a third of the going rate.

The course was in great shape and the design is challenging but not impossible. They were laying new sod around the course in areas but they did it in a manner that didnt really distract from the playability of the course. I was only in new sod after one shot and the starter advised at the beginning fo the round that you got a free drop from the area. The GPS system is the best I have seen...slowing your cart in dangerous areas, telling you when to return to the path, offering distances to many reference points as well as letting you know when inclement weather is in the area and when to return to the clubhouse after the weather siren.

The facilities were also top notch. Stellar practice areas and the clubhouse was immaculate. It does come at a price...$14 burgers...$3 bags of chips etc. They do provide each cart with two bottles of water, a wet towel for your clubs and a clean towel for the 110% Florida humidity or afternoon rain showers. There is ample ice and water on the course to refill as well.

What really impressed me most was the friendliness of the staff. From the valet attendant to the cart guys, to the starter they were all very friendly. I have been to nice courses where the staff acts like we should be thanking them for getting to play on their course. It is not that way here, everyone was gracious and helpful and I was really impressed.

I would recommend this course to anyone wanting to play golf in the area. I am playing elsewhere tomorrow and the Waldof Astoria has set the bar VERY high.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

This is a proper 5 star golf course. Fantastic design that is a real test. It makes good use of the gentle undulations of the land with a great variety of holes.
Despite the heavy recent rain the conditioning was immaculate. The practice facilities are incredible and the in-cart GPS is as good as anywhere.
All this plus levels of service that you would expect from Waldorf Astoria. Everyone was friendly, helpful and went out of their way to make it a proper experience.
When I had finished my round, the valet had my car waiting with the air conditioning on and a cold bottle of water in the cup holder.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

This has become a must play on our family vaction in Orlando. This is a first class course all the way! The staff was very friendly and helpful, and the course was in great shape. Worth the price for a wonderful experience!