“Wonderful panini!”

Hot Krust Panini Kitchen
Ranked #14 of 4,060 Restaurants in Orlando
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Remember when meats were freshly roasted in-house? When trust, respect and costumer service were priorities? If you don't remember those days, HK is here to show you what it was like. Hot Krust is a Panini Sandwich Kitchen in Orlando, Florida, offering delicious panini sandwiches, soups, and salads. Our recipes call for only the freshest gourmet ingredients. When you taste our fresh ingredients, you will immediately notice the difference, and will not want to go elsewhere. The idea behind Hot Krust is really simple. Fresh made panini sandwiches using high quality products at affordable prices. And since "fresh made" is what we aim for, processed meats are never part of our sandwiches.
Reviewed November 11, 2013

We had lunch at Hot Krust today and loved it! There is a terrific selection of creative, delicious paninis, all made with fresh ingredients (e.g., no processed meats). I had a Hawaiian turkey panini that had strawberry jam, jalapeños, pineapple and some other things. Sounds weird, but it was fantastic. My husband had a more traditional turkey panini and loved it. It's right next to Whole Foods in case you have trouble finding it. The owner also really cares about how the customers like the food. He was so friendly-we could see why it was such a destination. We would go back all the time if we lived in Orlando!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,024)

Reviewed November 11, 2013

My wife and I ate here three of our four days in Orlando because they are just that good. I suggest the Hawiian and spicy waffle fries. The Fries are baked and are great with no grease. My wife ordered the sweet potato waffle fries and loved them. We tried several sandwiches and all were really good. The bread is not soggy despite the juices from the meats. The owner and staff were very personable and take great pride in there products. Simply a great place to eat.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

I came to Hot Krust because I wanted a non-chain, simple sandwich shop, and I got what I wanted. Even the uppity grocery next door charges 50% more for their sammiches. And since I want to support independent businesses I am loathe to be too critical here. However, I disliked the proselytizing: all about being natural and unprocessed--as if a panini is anything other than a processed food product! And since they make the effort to place table-tents deriding canned soup as having too much salt, then they should be more precise in their language. 1,000 mg of sodium is a lot, but it is NOT a "ton". A metric "ton" is exactly a million times more. Okay, I'll stop quibbling about language.

I was put off by the welcome lecture about their menu (I can read), and I resented the staff interrogating me about where I was from, and how I'd heard of Hot Krust. Their wall decor is, in fact, an egotistical celebration of their Trip Advisor ratings--with framed quotes of benign statements, along with various other reviews. So they are very savvy about using the internet to build their business. And clueless about interior design. I guess it's a jungle out there, and Hot Krust is on safari! But they should be a little less aggressive with their customers. And since I'm 100% sure they'll read these remarks, I'll just emphasize that I really do wish you continued success, and my opinions here are intended to help you in that regard, not to drive anyone away.

My cactus chili had an insufficient amount of cactus in it and, amazingly, it was too salty for my taste. Surprising, given those table tents! However, the flavor combination was good, and I enjoyed it. Somewhat reminiscent of (and better than) the chili at Wendy's, in that it had plenty of ground beef and was neither over-peppered, nor reeking of armpit (cumin).

The pesto panini was tasty, but understuffed. It had enough chicken in it, and the flavor of basil shined throughout, but it needed more vegetable of some kind, even if only a few leaves of romaine lettuce to give it some crisp texture. The multigrain bread was on the thin side, which was fine with me, although it seemed a bit like pita rather than sliced bread. Another reviewer here said he bought a few paninis to take away with him, and now I know why: one may not be enough to satisfy a large appetite. With the soup, however, it worked out fine for me. They offered a nicely floral unsweet iced tea as an alternative to the standard fizzy drinks on tap, and had some available saucy sandwich dressings that I did not try.

Sorry to rain on your parade, Orlando, but IF this little sandwich shop is truly the #2 restaurant (and that's a big "if" since there are around 3,000), then it says something about the dining scene in Orlando. It's not a bad place, and in fact, it's a pretty nice panini shop. Though I've had better, and without the highfalutin pretentiousness. I think what many find attractive is that they sell a basic, tasty sandwich at kind of modest prices college-age folk appreciate. Actually, everyone can appreciate that, in this overpriced bastion of tacky tourisma called Orlando. So for a quick lunch or uncomplicated dinner, give Hot Krust a try.

2  Thank TeaEarleGreyHot
Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

It is the best panini place in central Florida, I have been there so many times I can't even count. I love the food and sweet potato fries, and great price.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

What a great find in the Orlando area. If you are staying near this place give it a try. Wonderful friendly service. The food is fresh, delicious and healthy. The sweet potato fries are baked and not fried. Love it. I don't know any place that offers that option. I had a veggie panini that was delicious. My husband had a salad that was loaded with goodies and also delicious. Everything is freshly made to order. Will definately put this place on my list of favorites for when I am in the Orlando area. I can't wait to go back and try their soup and another panini sandwich with one of their fresh meats.