“Excellent food, great service!”

Hot Krust Panini Kitchen
Ranked #7 of 3,777 Restaurants in Orlando
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Remember when meats were freshly roasted in-house? When trust, respect and costumer service were priorities? If you don't remember those days, HK is here to show you what it was like. Hot Krust is a Panini Sandwich Kitchen in Orlando, Florida, offering delicious panini sandwiches, soups, and salads. Our recipes call for only the freshest gourmet ingredients. When you taste our fresh ingredients, you will immediately notice the difference, and will not want to go elsewhere. The idea behind Hot Krust is really simple. Fresh made panini sandwiches using high quality products at affordable prices. And since "fresh made" is what we aim for, processed meats are never part of our sandwiches.
“Excellent food, great service!”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

We happened on this restaurant while in Orlando. The food was great and the staff friendly. We highly recommend it!

• Visited April 2013

Dunedin, Florida
“Surprise!”
Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

Hidden between Whole foods and Pei Wei, thought I'd give it a try for breakfast, and was not disappointed, had the multigrain bagel sandwich.

So thought I'd try another for dinner. Fresh ingredients and polite staff. Worthy of a try!

• Visited April 2013
“Great place to grab lunch or dinner!!”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Amazing food. Love the location and the price given the area (was surprised really) Service was great. And the bread was wonderful, not tear your mouth apart stuff I have had elsewhere. Was flavorful and crisp without being too much. Brought 6 people including kids and it gas a nice relaxed casual environment.

Orlando, Florida, United States
“Amazing service, great food”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I walked into Hot Krust Panini Kitchen not knowing anything about it and left loving it. I meet the owner Evan Dimov and he's so genuinely nice and super passionate about this place! Everything is fresh, no processed meats and they don't even have a deep fryer. I did have a little difficulty locating this place. It's somewhat hidden from the main road of Turkey Lake but it's next to Barnie's right by the Whole Foods.

I had the cactus chili first. It was hearty but not the typical dense chili I was accustomed to. The menu description lists: "Savory cactus, ground beef, diced tomatoes, onions, corn, northern beans & spinach in a spicy broth." Spicy broth? Well, it wasn't THAT spicy which is fine since some people's heat tolerance can be quite low. The cactus chili wasn't just a name, it actually had cactus in it. That was a first for me but no complaints on my end. Next, I tried the waffle fries. Hot Krust offers three types of waffle fries where are regular, spicy and sweet potato. These fries are actually baked so I didn't feel as guilty about eating them.

Then I see the Burgernini "HK Monster". Wow, what is this? I took a bite and wanted more! The 100% Angus beef burger patty was cooked perfectly. Wait, am I eating fries in it too? Yep but it works especially with the BBQ-honey mustard sauce. I can't say that I've ever heard of a burgernini before but whatever this is, it's just great. The actual size of this sandwich is an 8 ounce burger on a huge bun. The Cowboy Jack was my second favorite sandwich. It has steak, horseradish peppercorn, black olives, tomatoes, spinach, red onions and Monterrey Jack cheese. Fear not, the horseradish peppercorn is mild. It does sound a bit intense but the sandwich is seriously fantastic.

The Florentine chicken panini had roasted chicken, sundried tomatoes, havarti cheese, spinach, lite mayo & pesto sauce. It was really good. And I mean, really good. The Buffalo Bill Chicken (chicken, buffalo sauce, onions, jalapeno peppers, lettuce, provolone cheese and blue cheese crumbles) was a bit strong on the blue cheese flavor. A little blue cheese definitely goes a long way and in this instance it managed to overpower the other ingredients.

The Alibaba Veggie (hummus, fresh mozzarella, red onions, lettuce and tomatoes) was good but Veggie Vacation (freshly roasted portobello mushroom, Swiss cheese, bell pepper, pesto, spinach, red onions and tomatoes) was even better. They definitely don't skimp out on the toppings here.

I've tried enough sandwiches here that I bet everybody will find something they'll like. The price of the food is definitely reasonable considering the quality of the food here.

This place may be small but the flavor certainly isn't!

• Visited March 2013
Ocean City, Maryland
“A Wonderful Discovery For Us”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

My Wife and I discovered The Hot Krust by accident after making a wrong turn from Sand Lake Road. My Wife saw this restaurant and suggested we check it out. We are both glad we did.
It is located at 8015 Turkey Lake Road, next to Wholefoods. This Panini Sandwich Kitchen is a convenient drive from International Drive and The Convention Center Area.

It is a cozy, little restaurant with a great, fresh, and healthy menu. Every item on the menu is made with true, personal care. We can attest that the Paninis are wonderful and large. All of the sandwiches on the menu are inviting and sound delicious. The salads we saw were amazing and simply made your mouth water. The soups were tasty as well. I ordered the Tomato Bisque and was not disappointed. Our Host, Jana, offered my wife a sample of their Chili Cactus Soup which she loved as well.

We chose to dine outside in the beautiful Florida sunshine, although inside dining is available.

The restaurant was very clean and inviting. The staff was wonderful and congenial. The prices were more than fair. All this and healthy, homemade food discovered by accident! Lucky us!
We will be back!