“Delicious food and terrific service!”
Review of Big Italy - Pizza & Pasta - CLOSED

Big Italy - Pizza & Pasta
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Pasta Factory Restaurant is the first Italian restaurant in the IDrive District in Orlando to offer more than 100 different combination of pizza and more than 50 pasta dishes, all with an authentic and fresh Southern Italian flair. The pizzas are thin-crust, prepared in a wood-fired oven, as the Roman tradition demands. The menu also includes truly Italian appetizers, salads and delicious desserts. Choose your wine from our selected list of wines! The Pasta Factory Restaurant is a contemporary/informal dinning restaurant featuring a full bar with sports monitors, a private room with 25 seats. Open daily from 11.30 am until 11.00 pm
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Found Big Italy online, as I needed a restaurant close to I-Drive attractions for my son's 8th birthday lunch. We had a large party, and were assisted easily and swiftly. Danny was our server, and he was terrific with our large group and offered lots of suggestions.
Being on I-Drive, I was skeptical about the quality. We really wish the restaurant was closer to our house as we would be going ALL THE TIME! The quality was excellent, the atmosphere was perfect, and the service terrific. Great experience!

BigItalyOrlando, Owner at Big Italy - Pizza & Pasta, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. We’re thrilled to know your son’s birthday was a great success and that food and service were great! We look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

Great service, served even by an Italian waiter-can't get more authentic than that! Food was made from fresh ingredients and both the mozzarella sticks and Roma Pizza tasted delicious. Restaurant was spotless; great ambience with several TVs, full bar, and they even played Italian music in the background. A+ for everything. Please keep up the good work - quality and authenticity is key and the clientele will surely follow! Gratzie!

BigItalyOrlando, Owner at Big Italy - Pizza & Pasta, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Dear Guest,

We appreciate your kind words and the fact you took the time to share your experience on this site. Come back to see us again soon!

Best wishes,

co-owner

Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

Was wanting some good Italian and of course checked trip advisor and glad I did! Big italy sounded good. Had the pasta arrabiata and the $2 meatballs. Amazing! Pasta was done just right and the sauce was just spicey enough and stuck to the pasta nicely. The meatballs well you can tell they were homemade. Very good! Loved the dinner! Every time a wait staff walked by they had pizza though so going back tonight to try the pizza! Going to ask for Evan because he made the dinner perfect!!

Dear Guest

We’re so glad you had a “perfect” dinning experience with us! That’s what we like to hear. I appreciate you taking the time to write a review.

Come back to see us on your next visit to Orlando.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

We are at WDW and are looking for something less commercial and more local. For that you need to drive past the 10 minute barrage of canned food (food for the masses) that surrounds WDW. Don't get me wrong, I eat at chain restaurants; just not on vacations unless no other options are available. With a little help from reviews and Big Italy's web site we decided to take a change and drive the 14 minutes to the everyday side of Orlando. Big Italy is in a strip mall on the corner of a busy intersection so it was easy to find. We arrived at 5pm and were greeted at the door and taken to a large booth. We chose to sit together on one side as the booths are very narrow and we are larger than average people. We were greeted right away by our server who explained the daily food and drink specials. These are set and a very good deal. We were there on Monday for $2 bruschetta appetizer (each weekday had it's own $2 special). The bruschetta consisted of 4 very large pieces and tasty; although the garlic was a tad on the bitter side. To be fair I have a picky pallet and my husband said it was fine. The menu is split between pasta and pizza. They do have a small section of protein based entrees. There are literally hundreds of combinations to choose from. I found mine easily and it was delicious. My only thought was that I would have liked coin cut sausage instead of loose. We were served the best bread and dipping sauce before our entrée arrived. If you are an average eater like me, you will take half home or 2 people could share if also having an appetizer. that said I had dinner and lunch the next day for $14 including an appetizer. At the end of meal, our waiter, Pedro, brought us 2 complimentary cannoli as a thank you for coming in and giving Big Italy a try. The food and service exceeded our expectations. The atmosphere is not what you would expect, we had no problem with it. Big Italy has an open ceiling but the walls and floor were the colors of Tuscany. There are no tablecloths or place mats, we were not looking for that. While you are waiting there are television screens that are somewhat interactive. There are multiple choice trivia questions about things Italian as well as Italian gestures and what they mean. We found this very amusing.
When all was said and done, we would go back. The pizza that came out looked and smelled wonderful. For families, they have a nice selection for children.

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for writing such a comprehensive review! We love to exceed our guests’ expectations. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Orlando!

Best regards,

Reviewed April 30, 2013

This is a true Italian restaurant. Many restaurants claim to be but are really not. I have visited the restaurant 4 times and the food was always consistant.
On two of the visits my server was Jessie who was just amazing. She was also very knowledgeable of the menue and has a formal culinary education. Although I live in the area and this is in a tourist location I will definitely go back.

BigItalyOrlando, Owner at Big Italy - Pizza & Pasta, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Dear guest,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We're happy you enjoyed your visits to our restaurant. We're working hard to provide great food and great service consistently...

Looking forward to seeing again. We love locals!

co-owner