“Great Breakfast and fast service”

Perkins Restaurant & Bakery
Ranked #427 of 3,860 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: On State Road 535 or S. Apoke Road
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We travel to Orlando every year, and ALWAYS enjoy breakfast at this Perkins. It's great food and very fast service. The facility is being upgraded and some construction noise was just a bit annoying, but heck, you have to accept progress when it happens.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

My son and I ordered the pumpkin pancakes breakfast platter! Everything was delicious! The food was hot and the service was great, the staff was friendly and accmodating! Definitely will go back, wish they had a Perkins in CT.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Went for an evening meal . The restaurant was very clean and the service was good. I struggled to find something on the menu that had the wow factor but decided to have the Meatloaf .it was lovely but could have been hotter. My wife had the turkey meal which again was ok. The main reason we went there was so she could have the Key Lime pie which she said was a good as she remembers . Not the best meal we have had this trip but ok

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Before attending this restaurant I looked up Perkins online to check it out. I said to my wife that it will be a up-market version of Macdonald's with overly processed food. We walked from our nearby hotel to the Crossroads Shopping Centre where this restaurant is located. We initially avoided Perkins, but after checking a number of other menus in the area, my wife convinced me Perkins was the place for us.

Upon walking in the door we were initially delighted that Perkins looked homely and the menu looked nice. A nice enough server, showed us to the table, comfy booth seating. We were surprised to see that we were only two of about six people in the restaurant at 7pm. (not a good sign)

The first of the cracks appeared to show when we looked at the menu. Having watched Gordon Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares a number of times, I know that a place such as Perkins with such an extensive menu will not have many items that are freshly made and it turns out that I was right.

After ordering a very simple tomato basil soup, it came out hot, but it was a horrible looking soup. The basil was black, the colour of the soup was a sickening red and there was a thick film of crusty looking soup on the top. It was fairly obvious to us that the soup had been microwaved to absolute death. It tasted overly sweetened and overly salty. It makes me dry retch thinking about it now as I write this post....... For some reason only God only knows, I finished it off. Yuk.

My wife left her soup after a few sips and ate only the two accompanying crackers.

Second course was a 1/2 sandwich, well my sandwich was edible, but only just. The turkey cranberry sandwich had a very yucky looking cranberry sauce, hey why not use a proper sauce ... Again yuk. My wife did even worse, she chose the Pot Roast Sandwich. Hers was toasted. Well, to our delight, it turned up looking burnt and totally awful looking. She took a bite, then laughed her head off that she was eating something that you would not feed a stray dog.

I took a few bites, the pot belly roast meat was more like beef jerky, but without the flavour.

Finally, to finish it all off, we had a Perkins Signature Pie with ice cream. We were hoping that the 'Signature' dessert would make up for the gross food we had eaten. Again this was microwaved and after a few soggy mouthfuls we left it.

As we sat at our table pondering the awful meal we had just been served, another group arrived and were sat at a table near us. I had to really fight the temptation to leap up and warn them to get out before it was too late, those poor souls.

As much as this restaurant appears cheap, it still only cost us slightly less than a meal with decent food. We have travelled around the world eating at all types of restaurants, but this place took the cake for the worst meal ever.

The service was ok, but I think that a lot more work needs to be done to bring the food standard up. Gordon Ramsay or Undercover Boss would have a true kitchen nightmare in this place. You have been warned!

2  Thank truefoodreviews
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Food was just okay, sadly came cold. It's breakfast food, and a chain, in a resort town that caters to kids. so manage your expectations. If you have a choice to find more local breakfast place, do so, unless you don't mind loud, noisy kids ignored by their own family. But the wait staff tried, and were very friendly and accommodating. It is what it is.