“Happy Birthday to Me!”

Tijuana Flats
Ranked #456 of 3,829 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American, Mexican, Healthy
Good for: Families with children
Description: The "Anything Goes" approach to food, wall art, hot sauce & life in general.
Orlando, Florida
“Happy Birthday to Me!”
Reviewed May 3, 2014

I was working on my birthday and I decided to treat myself to my favorite spot to grab a quick bite to eat. I needed to justify my enormous order so I mentioned it was my birthday. About mid way through my meal one of the servers brought me some churros and wished me a happy birthday! I couldn't believe it. The people here are always so nice but I wouldn't have ever expected that! Sadly I wasn't able to get their names but the two girls who were closing on May 3rd 2014 made my birthday so much better by their simple gesture. You can't beat the little thing. They always make such a big difference! Thank you ladies!!

• Visited May 2014

Durham CT
“Yum!”
Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

Our family stopped here for dinner one night. Cute little place located in a strip mall. Waitresses helped to explain the menu. Everyone enjoyed their Mexican food. Kids ordered tacos and the adults had Flautas and Burritos. All yummy! We enjoyed trying the various sauces.

• Visited April 2014
Toronto
“Best Tacos”
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Had lunch and dinner here during our stay. Both occasions the food was excellent, the staff friendly and helpful. Tacos are out of this world good

• Visited April 2014
Springville, Ut
“Concept great--execution hit and miss”
Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

Husband and I ate dinner here on Saturday evening after reading reviews on this site and yelp. From the reviews I expected a salsa bar, but it is actually a hot sauce bar, think different flavors and styles of hot pepper sauce (tobasco). Disappointed. We ordered the trio chips and salsa appetizer. Chips, queso, guacamole and salsa. Nothing special about any of them. Not much flavor anywhere. We added quite a variety of hot sauce to each of them so they had any flavor at all! My husband ordered a chicken chimichanga and carnitas (pork) enchilada combo plate and was very pleased with his meal. The tomatoes, jalapeños, olives, lettuce, onions, cheese and sour cream that garnished both entrees were a nice fresh addition. The refried beans and rice were standard nothing out of the ordinary and barely warm.

I ordered fish tacos. The idea was nice but the execution fell far short. I ordered soft corn tortillas which were cold and dry. I'm not sure if the fish was blackened with seasonings, which I love, or just burned, but it was definitely black, way over cooked and cold. It had a nice crisp cabbage slaw with a fresh vinaigrette dressing inside which I enjoyed very much. Again, nondescript rice and beans, also cold.

It was not busy even though it was a Saturday night so no blame can be placed there.

I am giving them 3 stars because it may have just been an off night and I would probably give them one more chance because I think they have a great concept. Nice friendly service, casual atmosphere, reasonable prices, fresh ingredients but they need to fix their kitchen problems.

Visited March 2014
nova scotia
“Best mexican food!!”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Love this place. Fresh and fast. If you have room for dessert, try the cookie dough stuffed fried tortillas......mouth watering!!

Visited March 2014
TijuanaFlats, Public Relations Manager at Tijuana Flats, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
37goingon29, thank you for the great review. We're glad to hear that you enjoy our fresh Tex-Mex and cooke dough flautas. We appreciate your support and hope to see you again soon!