“better than I expected”

Holy Land Experience
Ranked #69 of 424 things to do in Orlando
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The Holy Land Experience is designed to show visitors what it was like to live in the time of Jesus Christ.
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Bel Air
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“better than I expected”
Reviewed July 18, 2009

Had only 3 days in Orlando and spent one entire day at the Holy Land. My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. We learned so many new things in the scriptorium and wilderness tabernacle. The plays were awesome and so well done. The people there are very kind and go out of their way to help you. Do not miss the two shows that are only performed once--the Passion and Worship, from there you can fit in the other attractions and see everything. There really is an annointing there. Plenty of benches to sit on, reflect and feel the spirit

22 Thank roseBelAir

Buffalo, NY
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“must see scriptorium”
Reviewed July 7, 2009

I went there years ago when it first opened and it was hot. It seems that there are more inside activities to do as well. The scriptorium was being built when I was there the first time and the 1 hour it takes to go through was entertaining and educational. It gives you greater appreciation on how the Bible was translated through out the ages.

It was $35 but cheaper if you book online at least 24 hours in advanced.

I also enjoyed the performances given though out the day, from the last communion to the 4 women and esp the presentation of the tabernacle.

I don't understand the people who wanted to get their picture taken with actors who portraying Jesus.

If you enjoy Biblical studies you must check this out as well as the creation museum in KY which I was at 1 week prior.

11 Thank mtebor
Tampa FL
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Pricey Small Park; Not for Children”
Reviewed June 20, 2009

My mom lives in Texas and seen an advertisement on TBN for the Holy Land Experience so since she was already planning a trip to come visit us in Tampa, FL we decided to go to Orlando for a couple days when she was down and go. We purchased tickets online(total of $225 for 8 people - only one of the children was young enough to get the children's price of $15 online price). We visited Holy Land Experience on Monday, June 15th - total of 8 people - 4 adults and 4 children (ages 10-16). Picking up the tickets from guest services was convenient and the man at the service desk was nice. The park is decorated nicely; however, there was a lack of shelter from the sun. The kids area really needs to be updated with some more hands on and interactive activities. Basically all they had was a rock climbing wall in the kids area; however, it was not open all the time and children had to be wearing tennis shoes to climb the wall. Only one of our kids wore tennis shoes that day, they mainly wear sandals being in Florida :-) For about 20 minutes they had two ladies that came and sat down at the tables in the kids area - one of them was making salvation bracelets and one wrote the names of children in Hebrew. We thought this was nice; however, the ladies didn't stay long and several of the kids didn't get to participate. The food/drinks were slightly overpriced. It was a hot day and I think we spent $30 on just bottled water; $2.50 each! We went to two shows while we were there - the shows and performers were good; however, there was lack of setting for some of the shows. Many of the shows were only once per day so if you missed there was not another chance to see it. Since we had kids they did not want to go show to show to show so they were ready to go once we went to one show and walked through the rest of the park. Overall we stayed about 3 hours (10:30am-1:30pm), so it did end up being pricey for the amount of time we stayed. If you have children, I would recommend going to another park - at least until they upgrade the kids section.

20 Thank Gammon4
Jerez De La Frontera, Spain
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Expensive, lack of shelter and not worth the money”
Reviewed June 17, 2009

We visited Holy Land Experience on Sat 13th June, we were looking for something different to do in the Orlando area...well I can honestly say it isn't worth the $70 we paid (2), its a small park, lack of shelter from the sun, over priced food and just not worth visiting..KEEP YOUR MONEY go to a nice restaurant, downtown disney or another park..felt ripped off and we were only there 2hours. Trust me that was 2hrs too long

11 Thank sueanne21
Sebastian, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Preaching frought with error!”
Reviewed June 11, 2009

Having attended a number of years ago I led a church outing that I believed would be entertaining and educational. Although we were not disappointed by the different exhibits and performances.

The Passion of Christ performance was moved inside because of an approaching storm, after which there was great disappointment when there was no break between the end of the performance and a preaching service scheduled for later which essentially trapped folks who were too polite to leave once the preacher came on stage. His preaching on the Holy Spirit was not only filled with Biblical error and taken out of context, it left the impression that Christ was secondary to the Holy Spirit. Equally disturbing was the false statement those in wheel chairs with enough faith could get up and walk! Learning that the park was owned by The Trinity Broadcasting Network made it clear that the goal of the park now includes the umbilical error of the extreeme Charismatic movement! In good conscience and a commitment to Biblical truth I gathered the folks that were with me and left. Disappointed.

12 Thank heistheman