“Worth a Full Day”

Holy Land Experience
Ranked #73 of 437 things to do in Orlando
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The Holy Land Experience is designed to show visitors what it was like to live in the time of Jesus Christ.
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Reviewed April 10, 2014

If you want to see, read and learn more about Jesus and how the bible came to be, this is a place for you. Lots of artifacts, old bibles, and and understanding of how blessed we are to have the freedom of religion/expression.

Not a place for small children, there are lots of delicate displays, etc. that are fragile, etc. So keeping an eye on wandering, fast moving children can be disrupting to your visit and those who paid to see the venue as well.

Free Parking or its built into the ticket price. Seems lots of church groups coming via charter bus, etc. I also came with my church group as well. Check on group rates!!

6  Thank tpishdad

Reviewed April 7, 2014

Looked like the entire placed had been designed by Ringling Bros. All it needed was some velvet Elvis rugs and it would have been complete.

15  Thank DMichael2014
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Thought I'd give this a go. I am a Christian and thought it might help galvanise me to worship a bit more!
I found the customer service to be good, also parking and entry was easy. The whole area of the attraction isn't very large, but it was quite quiet when I went so it was fine. The food & drink was not expensive and even the gifts were reasonable.
The downside was, it all seemed superficial/artificial. Maybe it's impossible to create something like this and strike the right balance. But I didn't feel at all inspired; in fact sometimes I was thinking, "wait til I get home and tell people about this, it's so funny" which wasn't the intention, and wasn't my intention.
The live shows were pretty good, quite professional but pretty dumbed-down. I enjoyed the guest speaker session as I'd never seen an evangelical speak live before - couldn't bring myself to wave my arms around and cry Hallelujah but it was still worth experiencing. I'd recommend going, but it really depends on your faith and don't expect too much.

6  Thank guy60
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Save your money. Every show is biblically incorrect. Everthing is ostentatious, gaudy. Hard to find anything, even with a map.

16  Thank DonnaMesquite_NV
Reviewed April 5, 2014

The park is run by Trinity Broadcast Network. As one would expect, it's decor was over-the-top gaudiness, i.e., overtly ornate gold flourishes of French Rococo styling. The park was smaller than I expected. So don't expect to be there all day.

The costumes of the employees were not authentic (they even confessed this) and look like they had been taken out of the church play clothes closet. This was disappointing. For a park you are paying admission to, this seems like a gross oversight, and perhaps a bit cheap and unnecessary shortcut of the park.

I thought, for the most part, the actors did a credible job, especially Jesus. The property was well-kept, clean, and visually beautiful. Great opportunities for pretty pictures. The food was fresh and good. We ordered hot dogs. They turned out to be the 'long' dogs, so I felt I received a bit better value at the high cost (albeit average for theme parks).

The highlight of the entire park, in my opinion, was the biblical antiquities building, a private collection on-loan to the park. It was very exciting to see nearly every major version of the bible on display in one place (e.g., hand-written 1st-century papyrus, hand-written Tyndale, Geneva, press printed Gutenberg, etc.) !!! There was even blood stains of a martyr on one of the bibles. Truly, it gives one the appreciation of how the bible over the centuries has remained consistent, credible, and the Word of God, preserved for us.

5  Thank wbd1213