“A MOVING EXPERIENCE”

The Holy Land Experience Admission Tickets
Ranked #93 of 442 things to do in Orlando
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The Holy Land Experience is designed to show visitors what it was like to live in the time of Jesus Christ.
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Reviewed July 24, 2013

During our family reuion in Orlando this July 2013 the Preston Family went to the Holy Land Experience, we talked about it the whole weekend how moving and how the spirit of God was truly present.The entire place was an experience all by itself.
I would advise everyone to visit the Holy Land partake in the communion, and watch the live shows especially 4pm showing of the Passion of the Christ. I was moved to tears, the actors were Tony Award worthy.

S. George

3  Thank S G
Write a ReviewReviews (1,175)
All reviews
in 48 reviews
"lord"
in 50 reviews

Reviewed July 20, 2013

I don't see myself ever traveling to Israel so this was a great experience. The actors and workers were all knowledgable and friendly. The shows were great and emotional. I highly recommend.

4  Thank johnnicab
Reviewed July 19, 2013

This experience isn't in Colombia where I am from and that is probably very good thing. It is giant waste of time if you go to church. The bible stories told are also inaccurate and is not a good place to bring your religious child(s) or family.

13  Thank Raul_Colombia
Reviewed July 17, 2013

About 4 years ago my husband, a friend and myself from Pittsburgh, Pa., while in Orlando we wanted to visit the Holy Land. Before we landed at the airport I got a call that my sister was in the hospital with 3 blood clots on the lungs and was in ICU. At the time we were going to fly back but went to the Holy Land. We were so Blessed by the whole experience. As we entered the communion service was such a powerful experience. Afterwards as we walked one of the gentlemen that portrayed Jesus was walking beside us. He asked is there anything he can do, by then I was crying, I asked to pray for my sister Sharon, he put his arms around us in the middle of the park and prayed for her healing. We went on about the day. I talk to my Mother every couple hrs., Hours, and days went buy while she was still in ICU. My sister was HEALED!!! of her blood clots. The Dr. said actually she should not be with us. We all feel that prayer that day was her contact for her healing. The next year she and another sister visited. They had a wonderful experience. My husband and myself have been there about 10 times now, last December we took my husbands family and they will coming back in Nov. of this year. We just absolutely think it's AWESOME. My husband and myself are going to be there in July and can't wait. My Mother Deloris Cole has donated her Grandmothers Family Bible to the Holy Land and it's displayed in the upper room where communion takes place. We can't wait to see it. They would be so proud. My Mother won't fly but we are going to take a lot of pictures to take back to her. That's just a few things why we love the Holy Land Experience.

9  Thank Carol W
See more reviews
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Bears repeating from other reviews, the guadyiness cheap las vegas look was really bad. as others have pointed out the only exhibit really worth going to was the scriptorium, it was actually the best part of the whole trip.

My review is going to be base mostly on the plays...in a word they were TERRIBLE. I have seen better place in a churches basement. Absolutely nothing authentic about them whatsover. The stories were hardly even loosely based on the real account. But what was really lack luster with the minimalist, bareness of the whole thing, no stage props or actual background scenes to make it more realistic just a computer generated picture in the background. I realize real animals maybe a stretch, but I've seen them in other places like gatlinburg and even churches. The bejeweled fake camels that they were literally pushing were absurd. The plays basically consisted of overly dressed poor actors on a stage reciting lines...they didn't even actually sing! It was recorded singing and taped applause! No stage props, no special affects except some ridiculous smoke. I really expected a lot more from a park whose main focus is these stationary plays, I've seen better with traveling plays. Of course as already mentioned it was ridcuolously cold and the background music that they did have was extraordinarily loud. Pretty disappointed.... Especially after having gone to the miracle in gatlinburg and seen flying angels, real animals, trees and even what appeared to be moving water. The actors actually sang and no recorded applause!

Also although I don't use this as a rating criteria. There was really nothing to eat for vegetarains...most places offer something they didn't even have french fries. Something to consider if they read the reviews.

12  Thank luvvvvv