“Overpriced and gaudy”

Holy Land Experience
Ranked #70 of 425 things to do in Orlando
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The Holy Land Experience is designed to show visitors what it was like to live in the time of Jesus Christ.
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Treasure Coast, FL
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Overpriced and gaudy”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Where to start? How about the costumes that looked like they were borrowed from Arabian Nights dinner show? Costumes were bizarre, some things were nice but most were gaudy. The Church of All Nations was beyond tacky - mirrors everywhere. The Shroud of Turin replica was ridiculous -I've seen the real thing and this was a tasteless reinterpretation. The only show I saw was the Four Women Who Loved Jesus and it was awful. Save your money and head elsewhere

6 Thank treasurecoastFL

Vernon, Connecticut, United States
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Uplifting experience”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We were apprehensive about visiting Holy Land in the midst of the Orlando theme parks - but were uplifted and delighted with our day there. We arrived when the park opened, and stayed until the last minute of the day. Very moving experiences with the live drama; love the Christian musical presentations. There were educational exhibits as well at we enjoyed. We will go back again.

Visited March 2013
3 Thank Joan F
San Antonio, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Heavenly Experience”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Spiritually uplifting especially the passion play! I cried, imagining the return of Jesus with all His glory/ splendor,with His robe covering the whole earth. See it!. Very nice shows. Please watch other shows to better understand the play. Don't forget to visit Scriptorium, I nearly missed it, my husband insisted for us to go there. I didn't regret. We spent 2 days in this place and it is not enough. We are planning to come back, God willing. I'm sorry for divingkatie's disappointment, all of my family enjoyed being there. When we are in heaven, we will be walking more in gold. Holy Land Experience is just a glimpse of heaven on earth. Rewarding visit... Love it.

5 Thank BlessedMel
Hobe Sound, Florida
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Disappointed”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

My family's first visit to the Holy Land Experience was a number of years ago, before TBN took it over. My husband and twelve year old son did not want to go, but I coerced them. At the end of the day when it was time to leave, I practically had to drag them to the car. They enjoyed it so much, they did not want to leave. HOWEVER, my husband and I visited recently, and it was quite a different story. First of all, it is overpriced. There are a handful of exhibits that are very worthwhile, but those are ones that were there before TBN took over. Both the Wilderness Tabernacle and the explanation of the scale model of Jerusalem are very authentic and well-done. I have been told that the Scriptorium is very worthwhile, but we did not get in. The "enhancements" that TBN made are cheesy and gaudy looking. There is a wax exhibit portraying a number of Biblical events. Upon entering, a sign says "costumes are not authentic representations of Biblical attire." A lot of money was obviously spent on the gaudy, ornate costumes, so why did they not create a display that accurately portrays the way things looked during that time period? There are tacky looking gold thrones everywhere. The Church of All Nations is quite appalling - difficult to describe. The combination of gold and silver decor, and the over abundance of mirrors in the lobby is sickening. I'm sure millions of dollars was poured into the building, which is so overly ornate and gaudy to the point that even the restrooms have mirrored toilet stalls. Someone else mentioned in their review that the mirrored walls in the toilet stalls was DISTURBING. I could not have said it better myself. If I was a TBN supporter, I would not be happy with how my money was put to use. In addition, my husband is totally disabled, and it seemed very unclear as to where the handicapped seating was for the majority of the presentations. There was also a serious shortage of handicap parking spaces; we counted six. We never did get into the Scriptorium, which was a disappointment. For some reason it closes at 2:45 pm daily. We were standing in line, and someone poked their head out the door and said they could only take two more groups of fifteen people, and if you were further back in line than that, well.....too bad. We just thought it was strange that this attraction closed so early each day, when it seems to be a popular one. The Jerusalem market place is nothing more than a series of expensive gift shops. I think TBN missed an opportunity to accurately portray what the Holy Land was like during Bible times.

7 Thank divingkatie
Saint Louis, Missouri
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Spiritual Renewal”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I loved the layout of the park, schedules of events and the shops.
I didn't dislike anything, but there could be more seating in the area where you wait for your ride to leave the par.

Visited May 2013