“Plastic and more plastic...”

Holy Land Experience
Ranked #72 of 436 things to do in Orlando
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The Holy Land Experience is designed to show visitors what it was like to live in the time of Jesus Christ.
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Sorry to say...this is a big joke. There's more and more plastic...flowers, animals.."saints"...etc. and cardboard cut out figures!

The only redeeming show was "The Four Women Who Loved Jesus"...save your money and give it to your church.

10  Thank louisedp
There are newer reviews for Holy Land Experience

Reviewed March 13, 2013

I know that there are mixed reviews of this attraction but I can only tell you of our experience.Do go early as it will take all day or possibly 1.5 days to see everything. The first place we went was to the Upper Room and took communion. We were wonderfully surprised that we were able to keep the communion cup made from olive wood as a souvenir. Next we went to the praise and worship in the courtyard which was great. We decided to go to all of the drama's that day so we were only able to see a few exhibits inbetween but they were wonderful including the model of Jerusalem. It was cool that day and all of the dramas were held in the Church of All Nations which is absolutely beautiful. The advice from Hokiechip is correct to be sure to see the Passion Play at the end of the day and as he said, be sure to go to the show before so you do not have to fight the crowd getting back in. It truly is awesome!!!! We were with some friends so we took turns saving each other's seats so we could use the restroom facilities before the show started because once the show starts, you will not be able to get back in. Once you see the Drama you will understand why. The action and actors are all over in every isle. It would not be safe for people going in and out for spectators as well as the actors.. We were very pleased with all of the Drama's and glad we went to them. Now we would like to go back and see what we missed. I agree it is geared toward adults and teens. It is not for young children.We even had a bonus for the evening. Guy Penrod was in concert and TBN had live coverage so Jan Crouch was there. If you are in the area check their calendar to see if there are any special events. I agree that the food could be better but it was sufficent. As far as the cost for the attraction goes it depends on what is important to you. It certainly is comparable with the other Orlando attractions and for us it was worth every dollar.

10  Thank Sunshine1949
Reviewed March 13, 2013

We have been to the Holyland Experience so many times and we love it everytime we return and come back. This is a place for the whole family and a great place for your church to go together as a retreat. You can enjoy the park during the day and sometimes the TBN taping is that evening and you can stay for that at no more cost. The plays are awesome almost seem real. I love this place.

3  Thank Lady S
Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

So half of our ladies group wanted to go shopping and the other half did the holy land. Well this review is for the undecided, because I elected to go shopping instead.I thought the adventure was enough form the outside. WRONG! :-).
The pictures they came back with was awesome.next time I am in Orlando this is stop #1.

4  Thank Deemark
Reviewed February 28, 2013

After reading the mixed reviews below, my wife and I were torn on whether to go to the Holy Land Experience, but afterwards, I'm glad we did. The live shows were well done and emotionally moving. Absolutely, do not miss the Passion Play at then end of the day. However, go the show just before and stay in your seats so you don't have to fight the crowds to get in. We made the mistake of not doing this and discovered that the HLE staff has absolutely NO CLUE on how to handle a crowd of people leaving while another crowd tries to enter.

The model of Jerusalem was very interesting and the narrator was excellent. A great visual. The living waters fountains at the end of the day were also nice. However, I thought the Scriptorium was way too long and a bit on the boring side. And you're basically trapped once you start through the exhibit.

While it's true that many of the exhibits dump you into gift shops, that's not unusual - Disney wrote the book on that. I enjoyed the day, but get there early so you have enough time to see everything.

8  Thank Hokiechip