“A Memorable Experience”

Holy Land Experience
Ranked #68 of 424 things to do in Orlando
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The Holy Land Experience is designed to show visitors what it was like to live in the time of Jesus Christ.
Useful Information: Activities for young children
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“A Memorable Experience”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

What a great place to go to see bibical stories come to life! When you enter the doors you are going back in time and into thr Holy Land of Israel. Each live performance was full of deep inspiration, joy, peace & gratitude; bringing laughter, tears and encouragement to all viewers. The Scriptorium Museum is a must. I might add that the mediteranian food was yummy!

Visited January 2013
8 Thank debster401

Eureka, Il
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Meaningful full day”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Recently spent a day at Holy Land Experience. Suggest you arrive by 9:45 a.m. and be in line for 10 a.m. opening. We planned our day around all the performances....work in the other activities as time allows. Praise and Worship was our first stop and when it was over they let us know what major performance was next and where. They are not repeated so if you plan the day that way you should be able to take in the majority of the attractions. This is an experience, not to be confused with an amusement park. Very excellent day and we were blessed. Everyone there was so helpful directing us as well. Food for lunch was very good and the staff was organized keeping the line moving.

13 Thank vacationerEureka_IL
FL
55 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 138 helpful votes
“We Will Be Judged How We Judge Others!”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Most everything stops at 3:15pm, so be there at opening! I refuse to believe people saw everything in a couple hours. It’s not possible. No shows repeat, and there's always something running. We missed all of them trying to see everything else. We were there 6 hours. The last show we did see, and it’s 75 mins long. Was entertaining, moving at times. Bring tissues! Forget the negative reviews!! I'm not Baptist, but I went in with an open heart and mind and had a FANTASTIC day. It is as holy a place as you let it be. Reviewers need to stop all the nitpicking. YES, there are different interpretations concerning details of the Bible. Get Over It. The main message is the same. The place makes learning about the Bible entertaining. Yes, there’s lots of shops. BUT they’re full of interesting stuff! Something for everyone, if negative people would get over their “this place is all about selling stuff and making money” and just LOOK at the stuff they’d be intrigued. About the mirrors… Lots of negative comments on those. They are missing the point. The mirrors are placed in small areas to make them seem bigger, they’re placed in larger areas to make the crowd seem bigger/part of entertainment purpose, and I noticed them placed in areas to make you see yourself, like LOOK AT YOURSELF/your life. Humble yourself. You learn about doing right and how Jesus treated others in a show or from a display, and then you see yourself on the way out and it makes you question how your own life compares. How your actions compare. The mirrors are quite profound if you are thinking about them that way. This religion chooses to glorify Jesus by making things more attractive and really draws your attention and keeps your attention. No, a lot doesn’t seem like back in Jesus’ time, but the message is still the same. It’s just done in a more attractive/appealing way. I don’t think this place would be making any money to keep going if you walked around in sand and heat and looked at stone rooms everywhere and they sold water and bread and fruit. It’s Orlando. It’s entertaining. The Scriptorium should be the first thing you do! It alone is worth the $40 entrance fee. And plan to be in line for a while. 15 people every 7 mins can go in. It takes an hour to go through it, it's VERY interesting and entertaining. Be sure you use the bathroom when they suggest/just before you enter. The bathroom is right around the corner. The exhibit is THE perfect way to start your day and get you in the right mind set. It was beyond fascinating. My husband and I plan to return and share this place with friends and family. We are still thinking and talking about it two days later. Go to appreciate what’s offered and not judge other's beliefs in details. Much to offer, much to learn, much to enjoy. Food was great, great priced. Parking lot at night is GORGEOUS! The mirrored bathroom in the entertainment hall is fabulous!!! Points of interest I really enjoyed: Scriptorium, Shroud Room, Arc of Covenant talk, Passion Reenactment show, lunch, mirrored bathroom, parking lot at night, guy we met in lot who prayed for my family member (he just showed up at our car and...! We needed that. :) )

14 Thank StewardessFl
vermont
99 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 94 helpful votes
“A peaceful day after commercial Disney”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

This is the second time I visited the Holy Land Experience. Having been to Jerusalem since the first visit, I was better able to experience some of more impressive parts of this place. Since my last visit, they have built a very large theatre which is air conditioned and they put on most of their presentations there. Their rest rooms should win first prize for the most beautiful and ornate bathrooms in the country. I didn't feel pressured by any of the shows I saw, and felt the small room where communion is given was very tasteful. Music is playing so if you like Christian music, you would enjoy it. While 40.00 may seem a lot, compared to Disney and Sea World you get a full day's experience for half the money and maybe less crowds.Costumes were elaborate and probably not what was authentic, but colorful and pretty.

5 Thank sugarbushfarm
Willemstad, Curacao
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“good for the soul and mind”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

the place is beautifull. They sing very good. It is a calm and relaxed day in your vacation. it is also a good reminder of what is written in the bible. I had a wonderfull day.

2 Thank Enjoyalot