“Looking at the place from outside is free...and that's the best part!”
Review of WonderWorks

$31.89*
Outta Control Dinner Show, Orlando
Ranked #34 of 234 Fun & Games in Orlando
More attraction details
Owner description: WonderWorks is an amusement park for the mind with over 100 interactive exhibits for visitors of all ages. Experience the trembling of a 5.3 earthquake, be blown away by 74mph hurricane force winds, land the shuttle, fly a fighter jet, lie on a bed of nails, design and ride your own roller coaster, play virtual sports, plus much more! Special features of the attraction include a 4D extreme motion ride, 3 story indoor ropes challenge course, lazer-tag and a nightly magic comedy dinner show.
SB
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Looking at the place from outside is free...and that's the best part!”
Reviewed March 30, 2009

We went to Wonderworks after we saw the building on our way to eat at Ming's Court (which was great!). We were definitely taken in by the exterior of the building which was really amazing to look at. Then we went inside, after paying $42 for two people (both in our early thirties).

I have to agree totally with many of the other reviewers here...if we had paid about $6 this would have been ok. Half of the exhibits inside are broken, and many of the ones that do work are only slightly interesting at best. The tunnel at the entrance was the only decent attraction. We felt ripped off badly when we left this place. If you can go for free then we recommend it; otherwise get your picture taken outside and move on!

1 Thank mathieupb

• Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Berkshire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Don't miss the magic show - great for any age”
Reviewed March 21, 2009

This review is primarily about the Magic Show...WonderWorks was good, but the dinner and show were outstanding! We queued for an hour to ensure that we sat near the front... a long time, but great for my young children to have an unobstructed view.

My youngest (5yrs old) is an extremely picky eater, so I was planning to buy her something to eat on the way home, as she doesn't like pizza (the menu is pizza and salad). However, the waitress brought her two hot dogs, and although I offered to pay extra, said that it wasn't necessary. The service was friendly and super fast - they brought my second drink before I had even finished my first. The pizza just kept coming - hot and delicious. My other daughter ate 3 slices, when she normally only picks at 1. The salad was also fresh and yummy. As soon as you sit down there is popcorn to keep you going until the pizza arrives. There is cake for pudding...again they had got it just right for my fussy children...plain sponge with icing.

The show was hilarious - the magician managed to appeal to every age group. I was just thrilled to watch my children's expressions of utter delight throughout the performance. His tricks were also impressive. Members of the audience do get called up and thoroughly embarrassed, but he seemed to be able to pick the people who played along and enjoyed the teasing!

On the strength of this A+++ experience I went straight back to the hotel and booked the Pirate Dinner Show... however, I have just read the reviews for this, and am starting to worry... some people seem to have had terrible experiences there... must remember to read the reviews BEFORE I book!

1 Thank Berkshire-7
DOWNEY, CA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“completely underwhelmed.”
Reviewed March 14, 2009

This place is little more than a tourist trap. The facade sets the expectations high....if you want to enjoy this place please lower them. It's a typical kids science museum...many of the exhibits are simplistic and keep you asking for more. There are at least 2 arcades inside..yes...arcades! This place is only interesting on the outside...once you get passed the virtigo tunnel...the rest is pedestrian. My 8 year old walked out and his first words were "I thought it would be better." I agreed. This place would be satisfactory if it were priced at less than $6 per person...not the $39 I paid for 1 adult and 1 9 yr old. Save your money.

1 Thank CHAMPIE123
neworleans
“An inexpensive way to fill a day”
Reviewed February 28, 2009

If you have free time Wonderworks is worth the visit espically for children. There are some interesting displays and facts including interactive activities. The Dinner show rates avereage at best. After a long day in Orlando and advised to be there at seven thirty the doors opened 20 minutes late. THe staff offered no explanation. Finally, when questioned by several patrons, the doorman said there were some lighting problems. I believe that was an automatic response rehearsed and used frequently. The staff was not friendly once seated. They were not rude, however, you new they couldn't have cared less if you were there or not. This is billed as the most Hilarious experience in Orlando. The comic was maybe 2% lowfat. It's easily seen why he's not a Casino or Vegas Act. The kids will enjoy his one liners and adults will be amused. His show is slightly above average. The food? For Heaven's sakes its Pizza. Rate it in the 3 out of 10 class. The pizza is poorly prepared and easy to see that's where the cutbacks are centered. Total review is; it is not high priced so go for it.

Ft. Myers
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Everyone loved it!!!”
Reviewed January 20, 2009

A change of pace from the Disney and Universal crowds, it was tough to find something to please a wide range of children in the party...3, 6, 7 and 11. Definitely worth checking out as it kept all of them occupied (parents included!) and wanting to come back next trip to Orlando!

1 Thank JGR11209