“What a Dump! Save your $$$!”
Review of WonderWorks

$31.89*
Outta Control Dinner Show, Orlando
Ranked #34 of 234 Fun & Games in Orlando
More attraction details
Owner description: WonderWorks is an amusement park for the mind with over 100 interactive exhibits for visitors of all ages. Experience the trembling of a 5.3 earthquake, be blown away by 74mph hurricane force winds, land the shuttle, fly a fighter jet, lie on a bed of nails, design and ride your own roller coaster, play virtual sports, plus much more! Special features of the attraction include a 4D extreme motion ride, 3 story indoor ropes challenge course, lazer-tag and a nightly magic comedy dinner show.
St. Petersburg, Florida
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“What a Dump! Save your $$$!”
Reviewed June 5, 2008

My bad....I should have took the advice of some of these people on Tripadvisor...but did I noooooo....shame on me.
I went to Wonderworks about 10 years ago. I did not think it was all that bad. I decided to return to take my Husband in May, 2008.. We are in our early 40's.
I was absolutely disgusted. They have not changed anything! In fact, many machines were either old and outdated, broken, out of order, not working properly ect. You would think with all the new technology they would have upgraded to newer attractions with all that $$$ they are pouring in. You would be better saving your money and buying yourself or your kids an PS3 or X-box. Actually I think my old Atari was more updated than this place.
We spent almost $45 between the two of us. What a waste of money. We were out in about an hour. Some fun, huh?
And then the best attraction..I think the rollercoaster one has a "two person" minimum on the ride. My husband get's motion sickness so he could not go on. I asked if I could ride "alone". I was told "no", I needed a partner. Well, I had to miss that attraction. You think one of the attendants would have helped me out. They seen me standing there looking for someone to "ride with me". It was slow...maybe they could of went on..just to make me happy..yeah, right.....too bad lady....even DisneyWorld has the single rider lane.
And then they have the audacity to put the "up to date" modern machines on the top floor and charge you money to enjoy those. Are you kidding me!?
We should have went to DisneyQuest..it is a bit more, and I have not been there, but with my experience ya can't go wrong with Mickey...
I live an hour away..please feel free to pick my brain..anytime..I might be able to help with info.
I will write a letter to this company, can't wait to see what the response will be. This place should be shut down. It is a disgrace to Orlando..
Jamie, Florida

4 Thank ncrjamie

• Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Tampa FL
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great, packed with fun”
Reviewed June 4, 2008

Glad we visited despite neg reviews; Wonderworks was packed with fun and busy but not overcrowded. It does have the loudness and grease and grime of people having fun, but there's sanitizers and washrooms. Many many displays ranging from fun illusions to science to dancing and light shows. Our kids enjoyed! The activities make for several hours of fun. The comedy show was also good; lot's of fresh pizza, beer, and campy magic show. Staff was friendly and accommodating.

1 Thank Voyageur957
Fort Myers
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“worst tourist trap ever!”
Reviewed April 27, 2008

This building looks very cool from the outside...so save your money, don't get tricked into buying tickets for this scam, and take some pictures from the outside and LEAVE ASAP. Believe me, the "helpful staff" will try anything to get you to buy admission...even offer a discount on the spot.

Why is this a waste of money? Well, the outside building is so spectacular that you would think there are interesting exhibits and fun things to do, but everything inside is second rate and not much fun at all. Don't believe me? Then go to their website and look at THEIR pictures of the exhibits...everything is cheap, and usually involves sitting in front of computer screens and pretending you are doing something exciting (eg: shuttle, fighter jet, earthquake) when its really pretty dull.

THere are definitely better things to do in Orlando. I would take all the 5 star reviews of this place with a grain of salt....Don't they sound like infomercials? Perhaps these are Shill reviews from "helpful staff"?

2 Thank K-Dennison
Tampa Bay, FL
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Filthy! Whole family got sick after visit. DO Not waste your money!”
Reviewed April 26, 2008

This place is filthy! We live in Florida and wanted to do a day trip when my dad came to visit. Beside the overly expensive cost of admission, the entire establishment looks like it has never been cleaned. My husband was the first to point out the INCHES OF DUST AND DANDER THAT COVERED THE CEILING!!!! (I guess that's why they keep the lights dimmed low!) Despite constantly cleaning my kids with hand sanitizer, we all got sick about 48 hours after our visit. This place was disgusting and I was so embarrassed that we took my dad here. Many of the items were broken and in massive state of disrepair.

If you want an arcade - try Disneyquest. For science - try MOSI in Tampa.

1 Thank TampaMomOf2
OH
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A must-see”
Reviewed April 23, 2008

LOVED this place. We took my two boys, ages 4 and 8 and they had so much fun and so much to do. My 8 year-old did the bed of nails over and over. We did the bubbles and had so much fun with them. The air hockey game was so cool. I loved the pictures in the halls. It is confusing to get around the place once you go out of a door to get to another floor. I'm still not sure of how to do it. I went up and down steps many times looking for where I was supposed to go. If you go you HAVE to see the Out of Control Magic and Comedy show. The guy is AMAZING!!!!!!! I sat right up front and still have no idea how he did the tricks he did. Very funny. The pizza and salad were great.

3 Thank TracyinOH