“Fantastic Paella and the best garlicky shrimp”
Review of Paella House

Paella House
Ranked #873 of 3,814 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: European, Spanish, Wine Bar
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Deltona, Florida
“Fantastic Paella and the best garlicky shrimp”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

If it wasn't for a groupon coupon, we would have never known of this restaurant. It is located on a storefront strip and we drove about one hour to get there, but it was worth the trip. We were greeted with smiling faces. The music and decor was nice. If you want Paella, this is the place to go. We ordered the Paella Mixta, 1/2 pitcher or Sangria and garlic shrimp. The Shrimp was super garlicky and amazing! The serving for two was just right and the Paella Mixta had everything delicious in it. I would have preferred a more traditional shorter grain rice and the expected crust in the bottom of the pan, but the flavors were spot on, the service was great. I would recommend this restaurant.

1 Thank divina1957

Cedarville, Ohio
“Great find!”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I just happened to notice this one evening and suggested to a friend we try it. It was great! The meals assume a portion for two. We ordered a simple paella with chicken and it was excellent. Each dish is made to order and comes out hot. While our waiter was a little too chatty, he was nice and attentive at the same time. I would definitely return to this restaurant.

1 Thank Brandon W
Orlando, Florida, United States
“Best Paella!!!”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

One of the BEST paellas I've ever had! I'm not one to eat calamari or mussels, however the mixed flavors allowed me to try these for the first time. We went last Saturday for the first time after finding a Groupon coupon on internet. Then on Monday I went again and treated a friend to this fantastic food. My friend also loved it and said she would bring her family here to eat.
The service is superb! They're friendly, courteous, accommodating and knowledgeable of the items in the menu. The owner is a doll, very nice lady! Absolutely no complaints at all. Two times and I'm hooked! It became one of my favorite restaurants to eat. Can't wait to try the other items on the menu!! You Must try it!

2 Thank Amy D
Kissimmee, Florida
“Delicious”
Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

First time in the restaurant the food delicious and great service. The price is great I went with my family and everyone had a great time . We will be back .

Longwood
“Nice little Gem where you would not expect”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

What a great little spot where you would not expect! Based on great recommendations, me and my brother decided to try this restaurant for our birthday. It indeed made it a great night of fun and food.

The restaurant itself is quiet in demeanor from the outside. But once inside, you can immediately see the "family love" in this place. As we entered, the aroma of home cooked paella was immediately present. And though some may disagree, I feel that it added to the great eating experience of this small family restaurant in the way a home gets filled with the wonderful smell of home cooking. And that was exactly what it felt like.

The service was very casual and non-pretentious. They were VERY accommodating about leaving out certain items out of the paella that we ordered. This was much appreciated since I do not like certain sea-food products. The waitress was friendly and personable. But the service was highlighted when they noticed it was our birthdays and two waitresses came out together, sang to us and provided a free dessert. Surprisingly wonderful voices and harmonizing!

Now to the food, the paella de marisco did not disappoint! It was nicely flavored without being overly seasoned. The seafood was easily tasted and the rice was nicely cooked and evenly covered with the broth reduction without being overly soggy or wet. The table-side service was a nice touch also. For the appetizers, the muscles in marinara was a good dish but my personal favorite appetizer of the night was the tortilla de espanola with chorizo was my favorite. So light and fluffy that I did not really believe it was made of eggs. The eggs, lightly flavored with onion and potato, made a nice balance with the chorizo on top. The only let-down of the evening was the sangria. It was very weak and tasted like a sour fruit punch.

Overall I thoroughly enjoyed our birthday dinner and would certainly return!

• Visited January 2013