“Not so good”

Dining options: Reservations
Raleigh, NC
“Not so good”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Food was served before our drinks arrived. Food was warm, not hot. Seemed very rushed by the kitchen. Overpriced, but expected. Service was spotty. Blamed that it was busy before we arrived. Just a disappointment verses other places we ate at in Disney. Sorry, but the food quality was poor and I think they knew this by our expression.

Green Bay
“True Italy”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We recently had lunch at the Gusto Wine Cellar. Absolutely wonderful. We shared appetizers of sliced meats and cheeses,delicious Italian bread, plus a bottle of wine. I would rate this a can't miss, but quite expensive. 2 appetizers and a bottle of wine (lower priced) came to about $100.

1 Thank travelsfromthebay
Leesburg, Virginia
“Hidden Gem in Epcot's Italy”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

My boyfriend and I were looking for a place to slow down and grab lunch in Epcot. I had read that this restaurant was new (opened in 2012, I think) and NOT on the Disney dining plan, which told me: 1) it would be less crowded, and 2) it would cater more so to adults. Both proved true. This place is a well kept secret, still, to some extent -- we asked a Disney guide where it was located and he said, "You mean the new pizza place?" (Not.) So, to help you find it, it's located adjacent and connected to the Tutto Italian family-style restaurant. The ambience is dark, like a wine cellar, with seating options of high tops, rectangular tables and couches. The servers were charming - sociable and knowledgeable of the menu items. They also were flexible in mixing and matching items to create a tapas-like meal of meats, vegetables and cheeses (there are also full entrees on the menu). My white russian martini was by far the best drink I had in Orlando - which really surprised me. My boyfriend got wine and was very pleased with the choices. Really nice food addition to the park.

Montana
“A great tip from the waiter!”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I won't echo the rave reviews of others, but I will say that it's just not fair to walk into a place with such an incredible list of wines- AND NOT BE ABLE TO BUY A BOTTLE TO TAKE HOME! To me, the point of wine tasting is to be then able to buy the ones that you like. To an oenophile, it's as if this entire cafe is an elaborate and slightly tragic tease.

Apparently this is due to Tutto Gusto not having a liquor store license. However the wine shop in Italy doesn't carry most of what's on the menu. So if you find something you like, you're out of luck.

But- there is hope! I was there for lunch on a relatively slow day all by myself as the family was over at Universal, and struck up a conversation with the waiter. He said that, as long as he opened the bottle, I was free to take the "leftovers" back to the hotel.

Which I happily did. I'd rather have shipped it home, but enjoying a glass of wine on the patio of our room at the Yacht Club was not a terrible compromise.

• Visited December 2012
“The secret is out and the prices have doubled”
Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

I really fell in love with this place in May, just after it opened. Now, however, on a weeknight in January, we could barely squeeze in and stand at the bar! Also, we loved the service we received in May- kind and knowledgeable about wine without pressing us to buy the more expensive option; as well as the 3 choices of meat and cheese for $14. Now however, I felt as though the bartender was only interested in telling us about the most expensive wines on the menu. And the tasting? Now $28! When I mentioned how the price had nearly doubled and the selections had changed, the bartender simply shrugged and said before, they were 'giving it all away!' This is no longer a small, inexpensive option for a snack while strolling through Epcot.

1 Thank Mkb115