“Our FAVORITE place for Shrimp!”

Stonington's Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #748 of 3,931 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed April 8, 2014

You will find no other better than Stonington's for shrimp! The onion rings are just about the best we have ever had! Not a fancy place, very reasonably priced with great value!

Reviewed January 10, 2014

The food was decent but getting it was a completely different story. I ordered an 8 piece shrimp with 2 sides...took almost 20 minutes to get it to go which wasn't a huge deal until the woman working there tried giving it to another customer. They opened it and realized it wasn't theirs. I couldn't quite see but the worker took it back then about two minutes came over with my food. It looked exactly the same so I asked if it was the food she tried giving to the other woman and I was answered with a no. However when I looked in it both containers were open and by the time I got it home (about a 4 minute car ride) everything was completely cold. Definitely wont be going back.

1  Thank ferretsrule411
Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

Hubby loves shrimp and crab cakes so I found Stonington. We went tonight, braving rain during rush hour and 2 wrecks. Ordered 5 fried shrimp and 2 crab cakes to share. He ordered slaw as his side and I ordered their cornbread.
Wow! Lightly breaded BIG butterflied shrimp and real fresh lump crab meat cakes. The shrimp breaking is light so the fresh shrimp taste is not overwhelmed with heavy breeding. Their cornbread is light and has a slight cinnamon taste. He said the slaw was really good. A great meal and worth the trouble to go in the rain and rush hour

Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

Limited menu made for going for what they do best. Great butterfly shrimp with delicate breading and not overlooked or "heated up", made to order. The onion rings ARE the best I have had in Florida since the What-A-Burger chain pulled out. They are crispy and VERY tasty. The sauces are all made to order and great.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I visited this place after a serious real seafood craving and I had heard the advertisement on a local radio station.

I am from the Gulf of Mexico area so all my life I have ate fresh real seafood so to find a local place who had offerings that took me back to home was astounding!! My expectations of the menu vs the price was truly won over once the waiter delivered my 5 shrimp and 2 crab cakes. I was expecting store brought frozen and was pleasantly surprised by the jumbo shrimp portions and two crab cakes that were made up of real crab crab meat. I am a true 90% seafood lover who expects real seafood and this is a hidden gem who delivered. Crab cakes were 95 % sweet crab meat no excess filler. Please visit this place you won't be disappointed!!! I had the 5 shrimp and 2 crab cakes along with two sides of Mac n cheese and red beans and rice. Mac n cheese great red beans n yellow rice not so good. Hidden gem with a taste a freshness.