“Love this place”

Disney's BoardWalk Villas
Ranked #39 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed November 8, 2006

We are members of the Disney Vacation Club...one of the best decisions we ever made. My husband allowed me to purchase sight unseen (by him). The Boardwalk is our "home" property...we could utilize our points around the world but my husband loves the Boardwalk so much that we always end up staying there. One of the best things about the Boardwalk is it's location...just a short walk to Epcot and a boat ride to MGM...this makes a big difference when trying to plan your strategy to see all the parks. The other thing we like so much are all the restaurants and stores beneath your "apartment". We have so many good memories of our stay there...just a note though...if you are looking for peace and quiet....I would recommend the Key West resort at WDW. Boardwalk has a peppy, upbeat feel and is not especially restful.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with family
11  Thank RaceHorseLady
Write a ReviewReviews (1,298)

Reviewed October 27, 2006

The Boardwalk Villas are top notch. I have stayed at the Grand Floridian a few times and the Polynesian. Boardwalk Villas are more spacious and of course newer. Lots of things for little ones to see and do. Very easy to get around. Would HIGHLY recommend. 5 star all the way!

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled with family
6  Thank LauraRN
Reviewed October 13, 2006

the boardwalk villas were beautiful by no means. but beauty is not all you need when you are on a vacation like disney world. when did they start building the resorts so big that you can't get around easily. have small kids and have your villa a half a mile away from any elevator. not bad in the mornings but spend all day at the parks and then have that long walk to get to your room. when did disney become all about money and not about fun and convenience. forfeit a villa and throw in an elevator make your guests have an effortless stay isn't that what vacations are all about relaxing and having fun. we've never worked so hard for a vacation in our lives. the villas had many problems---no running hot water for showers, hairdryers that didn't work, tv remotes that didn't work and passes that don't work when you are trying to get into a park. those things can be expected sometimes but not when you are spending thousands of dollars to stay there. and have the service people argue with you that nothing is wrong. we found the front desk people to be very rude and ignorant. we were very disappointed with our stay at the boardwalk and will let our travel agent know and will let everyone we know know not to stay there. we thought disney was about family and fun the disney way well those days seem to be gone. disney isn't special anymore it's like any old vacation now.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
13  Thank etivnan
Reviewed August 26, 2006

I took my 17 year old daughter and 7 year old son to WDW at the end of July for 7 nights. We spent 5 of those nights at BWV.

I "won" our five night timeshare stay in a BWV studio on Ebay for under $900.00. This meant that we stayed Sunday to Friday at BWV because the timeshare "points" for Friday and Saturday night stays are double. $900.00 for our studio room, which had a decent under counter fridge, coffeemaker, microwave, and toaster, was a fabulous bargain because the same room would have been $305.00 per night had we booked through Disney.

We arrived at WDW on the Friday before (7/21/06) and checked into the Port Orleans French Quarter for 2 nights since we could not check into the BWV until Sunday 7/23/06.

On Sunday morning I let my kids relax in the room at POFQ while I went over to the BWV and checked in at 10 AM. A room happened to be available and I got my room keys and bought the dining plan at the time I checked in. (Please note that normally rooms are not ready until 4 PM)

I went back to POFQ and called Bell Services who sent over a wonderful young man, who picked up all of our luggage except for our cooler and food. POFQ Bell Services "magically" sent over our luggage to BWV.
I got my kids and remaining stuff loaded into in the car and drove back over to BWV and the efficient bellhops from BWV helped us unload the food and other stuff onto a cart and when they brought the cart up to the room all of luggage from the POFQ was on it! Awesome!

We used the valet parking that day which costs $10 or so a day but it was worth it to get the car unloaded and be able to go right up to the room. Later we self parked and paid for the one day of valet parking and had no problems with the bill. I think I saw another posting from someone who had an issue with this.

I would like to mention a few things about staying at WDW as part of the DVC time share rental program.
One is that you do not get daily maid service, which we did not mind. Maids are in the hall and they will gladly give you whatever you need. The other thing is the fact that as a "guest" of a Disney Vacation Club member we were able to add the dining plan for less than $90.00 per day at the time we checked in. If you book rooms through Disney you must purchase the dining plan in advance and pay Disney's highrer room rate. You also must pay for your whole vacation (rooms and dining plan) in advance so if there is a hitch and you can't go you stand to lose more money. The dining plan is a great value if you are staying on Disney property and we were able to eat at some of the fun restaurants like the Prime Time Cafe and the Garden Grill.

One of the best thing about staying at BWV is the proximity to Epcot. We LOVED being able to cruise in and out of Epcot! We didn't feel rushed and were able to enjoy each country. We have been to WDW many times but my 7 year old has never really visited the countries and he was just the right age to enjoy it. We had a fantastic time.; French acrobats one day, Japanese Tyco drummers another, Chinese acrobats, Morrocan drummers, a faux Beatles show, and great fireworks! It was really great fun!

We really enjoyed the Disney transportation, which is very well run, the theming of the BWV (the pool is very cute), and even the long walks from the elevator to our room because the BWV hallways were a frosty cool relief after the sweltering Florida heat! The only thing that was shabby about our room were the drapes which did have some holes in them if you looked closely. They were matched to a print on the wall and appeared to be very well made but just worn. The carpet looked new and the paint was immaculate and fresh so I imagine the drapes and spreads will probably be updated before too long. The bathroom was spotless and looked like it had been regrouted or redone because I did not see any mildrew. The shower curtain looked brand new.

In addition, I would like to let anyone know who is staying on Disney property that the Morning Magic Hours may be better in the long run than the Evening Magic Hours because MMH allow you to get fast passes for the popular rides like Everest, Soarin, and the French stunt car show at MGM before the park opens to the public.
Evening Magic Hours left us tired and washed out the next day and we found ourselves standing in lots of lines with all the other WDW property guests who all had converged on the same park that had EMH that particular night. There are no fast passes for EMH. We switched to going in the mornings and it was much much better! Just something to think about especially if you want to ride the Everest ride or any of the other really popular rides.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family
21  Thank ukbar
Reviewed August 22, 2006

We are Disney Vacation Club members. The Boardwalk Villas are our home resort. This was our first stay there. We loved it.

Our group included myself, husband, son (14), daughter (12), my mom and step dad, my sister, brother in law, and nieces (16 & 13).

We had 3 one-bedroom units overlooking the boardwalk. Everything was spotless and in perfect working order. The Disney "magic" was every where. Pool was fun and exciting, yet very comfortable.

Our room was at the VERY end of the hall, right next to Jellyrolls. This was no problem for us. There was no late-night noise as the bar closed. The nearby stairs made it a breeze to exit the building for the BW or MGM.

The kids became evening regulars at the Community Hall. They played a few games briefly then checked out a free DVD for the night.

If I was forced to give one negative about the resort, I'd say it's the absence of waiters/waitresses at the pool. It would have been nice to have someone bring us our drinks. But, no biggie. We simply took turns shuttling back and forth to the bar.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family
7  Thank dougbetsy
Reviewed August 20, 2006

We went on line to Waltdisney and searched DELUXE hotels and found there were serveral. We then probed further becuase we wanted two rooms, be it a one bedroom suite or two separate rooms as we have a 2 1/2 year old and a 1 year old. So we were convinced by reservation agents after looking at the kids suite at the Loews that we needed to book a villa at Disney. There are only three resorts that have villas, the Beach Club, Saratoga Springs and the Broadwalk Inn.

A Villa consists of one master bed room with a living room and kitchen that has a sofa bed. Which was prefect for what we needed. Based on that we booked a Villa at The BroadWalk.

Our first night my 21/2 year old touched a wood blind which fell on him and cut his hand. We called the manager which offered to call his engineer and we asked for bandaids. Bandaids never came, the enigineer went back and brought them.

Our room was dirty when we first checked in.

Bed was uncomfortable.

Housekeeping decided not to show up on the 3rd day.

The manager said it was because we booked a time share room, which no one had explained we would be treated different and no one explained that it was time share.

Overall hotel was very average and we paid for a deluxe resort.

14  Thank Bacibutch
Reviewed July 29, 2006

This was a great resort. i've heard so much about the elevators being too far from the rooms. This may be true, but be sure to ask for a room facing the pool area with the slide and you won't have a problem.

During the first two days, the pool was very cold. We voiced our complaints and within two days the water was warm and we all enjoyed the pool.

The staff was always friendly and accommodating. I recommend a room facing the main pool with the slide. The boardwalk rooms could invade your privacy. A successful trip depends on your ability to get a room near the elevators. For those flying, take advantage of the hotels ability to chekc your luggage at the hotel so you don;t have to carry it to the airport. This service was great.

I highly recommend this resort.

Stayed: May 2006