“Great room, awesome view!”

Disney's BoardWalk Villas
Ranked #42 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed July 1, 2014

We are DVC members and used our points this trip to book a Boardwalk view here. We last stayed here in 2002 but had a standard view. Now we tour the parks at a more leisurely pace, are down to one kid who comes with us, and spend more time in the room, so a view is a big deal.
We walk, and walk, and walk to the room, three doors from the end of the hall--and open the door to a beautiful view of the Yacht and Beach clubs, Epcot ball, and the Boardwalk from Big River Grille down to ESPN. We were in the "crest o' the wave" section, fourth floor so we had a nice high room.
I did not notice anything wrong with this room. We like walking to Epcot and the studios or taking the boat. My husband and son had great relaxing time on the balcony each night. Some people complain about the boat horns (some people complain about everything) but we found them relaxing. I did not sleep well but that was more due to my husband's snoring--the bed was very comfortable!
We bought refillable mugs and walked to the bakery to get them--try the canolli!
We went to the front desk a couple of times to pay off our charges with gift cards and had nothing but stellar service. Bell services was also very helpful on check in and check out days. We had "checked in" online and were met at the front door by a very helpful man named Ryan (I think) who gave us our room number and welcome packet--we didn't even have to go the desk. Our room was ready when we got there at 12:15 or 12:30--but in all honesty we have NEVER had a room ready early before in any Disney property!
I can't describe how much we enjoyed this. In fact after our next quick weekend at BLT I will try to book our other trips in the future here. Our points are based at Saratoga Springs but even a pool/water view here would be great for us!

5  Thank WDWforus
Write a ReviewReviews (1,311)

Reviewed June 28, 2014

This is an extremely nice resort with the convenience of many things in the vicinity. There are multiple other resorts, restaurants & theme parks within walking distance. You cannot go wrong staying here! We loved every minute of the atmosphere & the kids just loved the pool!

1  Thank Jodi S
Reviewed June 21, 2014

We have stayed at the villas twice now for a week each time. Lots of perks to the location. You are 5 minutes from the Epcot back entrance, and a 5 minute boat ride to the Disney Studios park. The Boardwalk also hosts pretty good restaurants, ESPN for game day if needed, an awesome bakery and a very interesting art gallery. If you are a DVC member, they host a "members meeting" every Wednesday, and hand out free stuff, play games, etc.

The only downside we ever had was on check-out day when the non-English speaking maid tried to throw us out of our room early....."You go!, you go!" Come on housekeeping.....Really?

Room Tip: If you are going to Epcot a lot, ask for a room at the ESPN part of the complex. Will save you lots...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank William Y
Reviewed June 17, 2014

We have been DVC member's since 1994 and we became oweners here the week this hotel opened.
The location is perfect,the setup is great and the staff are awesome. Starting from the bellman "Al" to the front desk " Sheila and Andy" to the Managers Erin and Carrie" to the pool bar "Ty" I cant think of anywhere else Id love to be but here----See you all again in December of 2014

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank StevenWJ
Reviewed June 16, 2014

We have stayed at the Boardwalk Villas five times for a total of 44 nights, and have not had a single problem. Yes, the rooms on the villa side are slightly worn, but that does not detract from the overall experience. The service there is excellent, the free nightly entertainment on the Boardwalk is fantastic, the pools are clean and amply staffed with lifeguards, and there are a zillion things to do within a short walk.

If you stay here, make it a point to spend a night or two watching the aforementioned free shows, which run continuously from 7-11. There are magicians, jugglers, acrobats -- you name it. And if you have children, make it a point to drop by the Community Center to see whether anything there (also free) catches your eye. Many families seem to skip these experiences, but I can say that some of the most magical moments we've had at Disneyworld have been on the Boardwalk or at the Community Center -- at no additional charge. Take a look!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Christian H
Reviewed June 14, 2014

The entire staff went above and beyond. During a convention, Glenn overheard that I was a vegetarian while I was standing in line for lunch and he surprised me with fresh sautéed vegetables at my table once I sat down. The women at the front desk were very accommodating when I needed to add my children to my room and secure them magic bands at the last minute. And then… when they overheard my daughter ask about pink magic band, they surprised her with one even though gray is the only option…particularly at the last minute. To top it off, I mentioned in passing to the Concierge that my daughter had lost a tooth the night before. After a long day at the parks, we arrive in our rooms to see a special music box and balloons from Tinkerbell herself. Unbelievable! I wish I lived at Disney!

4  Thank Lauren S
Reviewed June 11, 2014

My husband and I visited over Easter Week for a second honeymoon and we really enjoyed staying here at the Boardwalk.We are DVC members and we feel that this is the prime location! We enjoyed walking to Epcot everyday to eat or enjoy a night cap or show or to hop the monorail to the Magic Kingdom. We also loved walking to Hollywood Studios, because our of the location of room, it really worked out well. The only drawback, was the Bakery with our refillable mugs was a hike for us, so we had to go to Target and purchase some snacks and beverages to keep on hand. No biggie, because we drive to Disney anyway. We also had some issues with the crowded pool. We could never get a quiet moment, even at the DVC pool by the Rec Center (not the Luna Pool). That was not a deal breaker either, because if we would've had our kid, he would have been there with us too. One outstanding factor for me was that Disney bent over backwards for me. I had recently been diagnosed with stressed induced eczema and I called to see if was possible for my room to be "FRAGRANCE FREE", so I wouldn't have to break out in hives and take benedryl all week. Disney complied and washed all my linens and cleaned my room without chemicals. I was so grateful for this! Thank you Disney! We had a great time and a magical Disney Second Honeymoon!

Room Tip: Rooms close to Boardwalk Bakery if on the Dining Plan Rooms closer to the Walking path is walking t...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple