“Location, Location, Location!”

Disney's BoardWalk Villas
Ranked #42 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed at the Boardwalk Villas for the first time using our DVC points in December. What a great hotel in an amazing location!! Epcot is one of my favorite Disney parks and being able to enter the park right by France after a super short walk over a bridge was outstanding! We were there for Christmas and New Years and the crowds were insane. Being able to walk to 2 parks (HS & Epcot) and not have to worry about crowded bus transportation was incredible. On New Years Eve we walked to Epcot ate dinner and then walked back to the boardwalk where they had hats, noisemakers, DJ and a magician on the Boardwalk. Boardwalk itself is beautiful- many places to eat, a few places to shop and just pretty to hang out on. Boat transportation to Epcot or HS was quick and pleasant as well. Rooms were very clean, nice setup and we overlooked the pool and HS in the background which was really nice. My two boys (9&11) loved the pool and water slide. We didn't eat there but there's a nice pool bar. At night you could see fireworks from the Boardwalk. I would stay here again in a heartbeat. Loved every minute of it.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Chele834

Reviewed March 11, 2013

We had a two bedroom villa for 5 that easily accommodates 8. Comfortable and clean. Open plan sitting/dining/ kitchenette. Full size fridge, oven and stove top and microwave and small fridge and microwave in second bedroom that is also used as a studio apartment. Pool and water slide with lifeguard, jacuzzi, kiddie pool and small playground. Community centre with many activities for children. Highchair and travel cot with bedding. Washer and drier in room a great plus. Easy access to all resorts by Disney transport or walking. Gardengrocer.com deliver to the resort and you can order online for delivery on day of arrival. Whole Foods supermarket a fifteen minute drive and highly recommend a visit just for the experience and choice of goods available.!! We arranged the Mickey and Friends birthday in room celebration for a fifth birthday and Lili's face when she saw the birthday banner on the door and the decorations in the room was lovely to see. Well worth the cost. A birthday badge worn at Magic Kingdom meant she was greeted wherever she went. All in all a magical experience

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank AlbufeiraGramma
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We've stayed at the Boardwalk Villas twice; each time for about a week. We returned to the property for a second stay for: location - walking distance to both Hollywood Studios and Epcot; and, very comfortable, and well-maintained accomodations.

My family really really really likes the bathroom layout. One family-member could have privacy in the toilet/shower section, while the rest of the family could be handling basics like brushing teeth and combing our hair.

My one gripe is the lack of the cafeteria-like restaurant that one finds in all other Disney World properties. In talking with the staff, I learned that many guests bemoan this oversight. The staff directed me to the General Store on the boardwalk, where I purchased cereal, milk, frozen foods, orange juice, etc. I'm glad the General Store is available and well-stocked.

Having the washer and dryer in our room was wonderful. These were full-sized appliances and in perfect working order. The kitchen consists of a full-sized refrigerator-freezer, dishwasher, four-burner electric stove & oven. There was a microwave, coffeemaker, and plenty of dishes & utensils. The housekeeping staff ran the dishwasher daily.

Speaking of the housekeeping staff, they demonstrated much-appreciated flexibility. Depending upon the day, my family can either be out a room bright-and-early. . .or, take hours to leave. The housekeepers always had a smile for us, and were completely accomodating of our variable schedule.

If you don't like the pull-out sleeper sofa, call the front desk and they'll send up an Aerobed. The staff member was very helpful; inflated it, and made the bed for us.

If your room faces the boardwalk, just outside are restaurants, a deep wooden boardwalk with very talented street performers. These performers work for Disney, so they are world-class. We saw a magician and a mime that attracted large audiences. If your room faces the canal, you have the joy of watching weddings.

Room Tip: We love staying in a room facing the canal. The canal is lovely, quiet, and you can easily walk to e...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank TheFlyingMommy
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Boardwalk Villas is one of our favorite Disney resorts. Our 1 bedroom villa was cleaned without chemicals (due to asthma) and was totally spotless. Housekeeping went above and beyond to make sure our villas was perfect. Our villa had a view of the Tower of Terror.

We walked to EPCOT and Disney Studios. The main clown pool was closed for repairs, but we got to use the Stormalong pool at the Beach Club - what a great bonus. We enjoyed the restaurants and performers on the Boardwalk.

The kitchen is very small, and only one person can use it at a time. Design flaw in my eyes. Bay Lake Towers has a much nicer and more efficient kitchen. The bed was great - very comfortable. he living room coach was a bit hard, but you don't go to Disney to spend the day watching TV, right?

We had a lovely stay and can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jeorgieboy
Reviewed March 3, 2013

We have stayed here many times as a family and a couple. Love the resort feel. To be able to walk the Boardwalk in the morning while the rest of your party slumbers, or to watch the street performers at night is wonderful. The ability to walk or take a boat ride to Epcot or Hollywood Studios (walk is a bit further) is a great and helps you avoid busses. You can even walk to miniature golf or ride a bike. If you are flying we dont ever see the need to rent a car. Large pool with ample seating and storefront shops and restaurants on the boardwalk. I have seen other reviews speak of being dated. At any Disney Resort with really no down season there will be some wear depending on when room was last refurb'd. Realize this based on turn of teh century and boardwalk theme so you will see more white and light colors and furnishings will not have modern look. If you want Modern go to Contemporary or Bay Lake Towers. If you want "snooty" go off-site and im my opinion have a level of service that pales in comparison to Disney. You can truly escape the "real world" on property. Last visited this location in March and August of 2012 and are visiting again in March of 2013

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank James J
Reviewed March 1, 2013

My family stayed at Disneyworld's Boardwalk Villas last year and loved it. The hotel is centrally located close to Epcot and Hollywood Studios, so walking to each or catching the water taxi was a breeze. Buses to the other parks were regular and easy to catch.

The hotel is really nice, and the villas are laid out very well for families. Our room was close to the end of the property, so it was a hike from the lobby. However, we found this useful when going to the parks every day, as we could go out a side door.

Rooms are spacious for a week-long stay, and villas have a full kitchen. Lots of restaurant options are on the boardwalk as well. If you are driving, bring food if you want snacks, or plan on cooking. The "grocery store" is expensive in the gift shop on the boardwalk, but it beats going to the restaurants. It was nice to be able to make coffee, cereal, etc in the morning before going out to the parks.

If you are shocked by the price, or are on a cheaper budget, consider the Swan and Dolphin. Location is just as convenient, and it is walking distance to the Boardwalk entertainment area.

But, the Boardwalk is a really, really nice villa/ hotel. Very pricey, but nice.

Room Tip: Ask to be close to the end near Dolphin and Swan. It is quieter and close to both pools, but also f...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Gifem95
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Brace yourself, this is going to be doozy of a review-zy. I was staying at Boardwalk Villas for a conference, but the conference was at another hotel and it was sold out. I arrived to my room just minutes before I had to head out. I walked into what smelled like either a pair of really old kid's soccer shoes or maybe Texas road kill that had been sitting in the sun way too long. I'm not kidding. It was AWFUL!

Since I had to head out the door, when I came back I asked for another room. It was late, and I was willing to compromise. So while the smell was better, it still wasn't a normal smell, it just smelled funky. Not the kind of Orlando musty air conditioner musty smell. It just wasn't at all fresh!

Then I discovered my toilet kept flushing. Since it was midnight, I decided to forget about calling the engineering department. I just didn't sleep all that well with the sound. It's also a little hard to slumber peacefully when you can see visible stains on your pillows and bedspread. Honestly, for almost $300 a night, I expect so much more!

One last thing, there was no pool. It was shut down! Period. I'd had enough. I was supposed to stay two nights, but I checked out and found another room at another non-Disney property. It was lovely.

I was angry enough that I tried to obtain the name of the General Manager. After waiting on hold for 20 minutes, I got cut off. I called back and told my story to someone I thought could help. She told me that she was a "cast member" and I would have to talk to a manager. Come on, really????? She promised, truly she actually said "I promise" someone will call you back. They never did. So I called the next day. Another 15 minutes on hold. Told my story. Again. Only to be transferred. Again. On hold again. OK, I know you got the point.

I asked for my money back. All of it. She said they could only give me 25%, and I said that wasn't enough. Then, I kid you not, she raised it to 50%. Not enough, I repeated. Then she gave me another option. Crazy, it was like "Let's Make a Deal." I could either go with the 50% or I could get a free night at a Disney Hotel. Really? I will never, ever, ever stay at another Disney property. Ever. So I settled, and I'm disgusted with myself for doing so.

I asked for the name and email of the General Manager. No one wants to pass this information along. I travel a lot on business, and I forgive a lot. I leave tips for housekeepers, overtip waiters, I know what it's like to stay and work in a hotel. But I have never before been denied the name of a GM. I was able to obtain his first name, "Dave." I asked for a way to reach him and I was given a rather generic email that could have belonged to anyone in Disney. She told me it would get to Dave.

I can't believe this whole experience. It makes Disney look bad, it makes Orbitz—who we booked through—look bad, and it makes me look bad because I'm asking for a full refund like some kind of scammer. Everyone loses in situations like this.

Well, I have to go. I need to reach Dave.

Disney, you've lost your magic. And my business.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business