“No Mas”

Tako Cheena
Ranked #325 of 3,863 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Late Night
Description: They have a Face Book and go by Tako Cheena by Pom Pom. The place is great! Small menu but great food
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Heard great things about this place, so my family and I went there on a Friday night. The service was good, but the food was very average. The fish tacos were good, but the dogs were not. The spanish pasteries were bland. The burrito was huge, but bland. If you are a veggie, maybe you will like this place, but none of us did.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

I love eating at local places. The food here is made to order and great portion sizes. The staff is always nice and helpful. My favorite dish is the Korean burrito. Parking is on a busy 5 lane road or side street, not so great. Seating inside is small with music overhead. I like the fact that you can hear your conversation while dinning.

I usually call ahead and have only waited a couple of minutes if my order wasn't ready when I walked.

I really like the fact that their menu isn't 14 pages long. Master a few dishes and serve them well.

Great place to take out of town visitors that want to eat & experience where locals dine.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Tako Cheena is a fabulous little treasure in the Mills/50 district that is open late for cravings. It's a delightful combination of Asian and Latin American cuisine. TC's menu allows you to combine favorites and have a taste explosion like you can't have anywhere else in Orlando. It has a great eclectic atmosphere and we've never been disappointed, except on Mondays when they're closed. Thai tofu or buttery Curry, yum. If you want to eat outside the box, this is the place.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

If the standing-room only wait for a seat is any indication, then this place has demonstrated social proof of its exceptional food truck cuisine. Cuisine that traffics mightily between Latin America and Asia. Chuky chicken empanadas are all dressed up with spinach and mushrooms. BBQ pork belly takos get a charming lift with a bit of crispy pork rind. And succulent codfish takos take a tasty turn into Thailand.

Now, should I order more takos, or give up my coveted table to the throngs at the door? Oh, well. The Docent does share.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

In a city deprived of creativity when it comes to food, Tako Cheena is a breath of fresh fusion air. The menu is simple, decor similar to a dive bar, but the food is great. The only knock would be that I could not order a beer to enjoy with my Thai Peanut Tacos and Japanese Hot Dog - but I learned that you can stop by the gas station next door, pick up a 6 pack, and bring it in with you! Love the character and staff. Highly recommend as a break from Orlando's chain restaurant purgatory.