“'Ohana Best Friends Breakfast with Lilo & Stitch”
Review of Ohana

Ohana
Ranked #105 of 3,898 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American, Asian, Barbecue
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Description: 'Ohana restaurant in Disney's Polynesian Resort offers a Character Dining breakfast and a Polynesian-inspired dinner menu. Both meals are served family-style—quite fitting since 'ohana means family in the Hawaiian language.Character Dining at BreakfastJoin Lilo and Stitch for 'Ohana's Best Friends Breakfast! Feel like you're a part of their intergalactic 'ohana when you join them for an American breakfast influenced by the exotic tastes of the Polynesian islands. Menu selections include scrambled eggs, Island-style fried potatoes, Hawaiian pork sausages, smoked bacon and a variety of fresh fruits and breads.Family-Style Polynesian DinnerWhen the doors open for dinner, the bellow of conch shells welcome you to 'Ohana. Adding to the island ambiance are tikis, storytellers and coconut races, in which children sweep coconuts with brooms across the hardwood floor down the center of the restaurant. The family fun continues as everyone is encouraged to play with hula hoops and dance to island music.The 'Ohana servers add to the festive atmosphere, as they dash between tikis and tropical greenery to bring plates of Polynesian specialties to your table. Choose from skewers roasted over an expansive 18-foot oak fire pit, and side dishes include stir-fried vegetables, fried dumplings, lo mein noodles and a salad starter.
Reviewed April 11, 2014

This is one of those character breakfast experiences that we NEVER miss. We absolutely LOVE 'Ohana Best Friends Breakfast with Lilo & Stitch. My daughter's favorite Disney character is Stitch and mine is Mickey Mouse. What a perfect opportunity to have that character interaction! The characters for this meal are Lilo, Stitch, Mickey, and Pluto, and they are all dressed in their Polynesian Luau garb.

Our family of four checked in at the podium and were seated within five minutes of arrival. We waited until after the meal to have our pictures taken with the thatch hut facade. In 2011 when we dined here, the cast members presented us with a lei upon our arrival. That didn't happen this time; and, even though it's a tiny, little, inexpensive gesture, I kind of missed it because it always made you feel like you had "arrived" on the islands. Silly, I know, but still...

Our server Quadie was terrific. We were served our POG (passion fruit, orange, and guava) juice and pineapple bread immediately and, in no time, our meal was on the table. The meal is served family-style and consists of scrambled eggs, Mickey waffles, sausage, bacon, and pineapple bread. The characters came around quickly and spent a good amount of time at the table. Stitch was an absolute wild man! He approached our table right next to my daughter and drummed on the table and then struck a pose with his chin resting on his hand. Too cute! He "kissed" my daughter by making a licking/slurping sound up her face and then hugged her by engulfing her head. Quadie took a picture of all of us together with Stitch. When he asked us to smile, Stitch made raspberry noises.

The little children are invited to join the characters for a small parade through the restaurant. The children are given little maracas to shake. It's so adorable to watch the little ones really thinking they're something marching through there, but it's even more fun watching their parents awkwardly following. *snicker* My children are now 20 and 17, so they didn't join in this time. Ha!

Every character noticed that it was my husband's and my 23rd Wedding Anniversary and made a big deal out of it. Then, Quadie brought a celebratory cupcake to the table for the occasion. That was a sweet touch.

We were on the Disney Dining Plan, so our only out-of-pocket expense was the tip of $20. Our bill came to $100 before gratuity. Our photo taken after with the 'Ohana hut was beautiful. I had purchased Memory Maker for our trip, so I didn't have to pay for the $30 package for the photos. The PhotoPass photographer simply scanned my MagicBand and the photo was loaded directly to my Memory Maker account.

Again, this is a NEVER-MISS breakfast for our family because we love the character interaction and the food is absolutely delicious. I have to find a way to duplicate the POG juice at home. Yummy. :)

5  Thank disneygiggles
Write a ReviewReviews (4,344)

Reviewed April 11, 2014

My husband and I had breakfast and dinner here on April 6th. This was by far my favorite meal we have ever had at Disney. The staff are all great and welcoming. There is so much food, you will not leave here hungry! Both breakfast and dinner are served family style, meaning all the food will come out on a big platter and you just fill your plates and it's all you can eat so if you want more don't hesitate to ask! Breakfast is a character meal with Lilo, Stitch, Mickey, and Pluto which was lots of fun. When you first get seated to your table they bring welcome bread which is a cinnamon raisin, as well as a pineapple loaf. Following that you get a Hawaiian juice and a platter of scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits, potato wedges and then they also come around with Mickey waffles! For dinner, do not fill up early,there is a lot of food coming! You start off with this amazing salad with passionfruit dressing and mandarin oranges. Following that you get pork dumplings and chicken wings, then you get a platter of veggies and noodles followed by the main event, skewers of steak, chicken, pork, and shrimp. By far my favorite was the steak. Don't forget to save room for the bread pudding for dessert. Book a reservation to this restaurant! You will not be disappointed!

1  Thank stacylynn222
Reviewed April 10, 2014

Oh my goodness, did we every enjoy this! We were coming from the Pop Century resort so to get to the Polynesian took a bit of time and asking a few people how to get there as the Disney buses don't go from resort to resort. Ended up taking a bus to Epcot as the Mk was one so full, then a monorail to the TTC and then the monorail to the resort. Took about 40 minutes I think so take that into consideration when traveling by bus through Disney World.
Once we got there we still didn't know where we going so we went into the hotel and asked the staff there who were very friendly. In fact it turned out we were early for our 9:30 pm reservation so one staff member at the resort suggested we head down to the beach and watch the Electric Water Pageant and walked us over there. It lasted about 15 minutes and we sat with our chairs in the sand. One of my favorite memories of the trip.
We then went back into the hotel and upstairs to 'Ohana where we were seated almost right by the giant fire pit. The server gave us a delicious bread to start with and then brought us our drinks. Then people started coming by with huge platters of yummy noodles, steamed veggies, pork dumplings, chicken wings and then skewers of shrimp, steak, chicken, pork and we've never eaten that much before in our lives! My daughter's favorite was the pork and I couldn't believe how much of it she ate.
Do remember to save room for dessert because it is to die for. It's a bread pudding with this caramel sauce on top and it was sooooo good. We were there when the Magic Kingdom fireworks started so we had a spectacular view of them while dining. Eating here was one of my favorite memories in Disney.
PS. They're not kidding when they say to make reservations months in advance.

4  Thank Peggy M
Reviewed April 10, 2014

Came here for dinner and it was packed! Staff was very friendly. My son dropped his juice and they brought another one instantly and was very nice about it. Food was good. They bring food around in like an assembly line. First you get bread, then salad, then potstickers and wings. Then we got grilled chicken, then the noodles and veggies, and then the rest of the meats. I wished they would bring out a little bit of everything at one time instead of having to wait for the next thing to try out. It was a lot of food, but I didn't like having to wait to see what came next. The steak is cooked well done and it would be nice if you could let them know how you would like it cooked. The bread pudding is to die for! I am not a fan of bread pudding, but this was soooo good. They put a caramel sauce over it and serve it with ice cream. Yum!!

1  Thank BL B
Reviewed April 9, 2014

For us, a Disney vacaiton wouldn't be complete without a trip to 'Ohana. The food just keeps on coming (first bread and salad, then noodles, chicken wings and pot stickers, followed by meat on skewers, then topped off by the best bread pudding desert ever - and I'm not generally a fan of bread pudding).

While this place can get inconsistent reviews, I've noticed that a majority of the negative ones come from people with later ADRs. So my advice is to get an earlier ADR (which should also make the wait to get into the restaurant shorter).

I've also heard a nasty rumor that they plan to remove the chicken as one of the skewer items. If true, this is unfortunate as the chicken was our favorite during our most recent visit (the other skewer items are beef, pork, and shrimp).

1  Thank NewYorkUS_Traveler