“Great breakfast”

Ohana
Ranked #101 of 3,926 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American, Asian, Barbecue
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Description: 'Ohana restaurant in Disney's Polynesian Resort offers a Character Dining breakfast and a Polynesian-inspired dinner menu. Both meals are served family-style—quite fitting since 'ohana means family in the Hawaiian language.Character Dining at BreakfastJoin Lilo and Stitch for 'Ohana's Best Friends Breakfast! Feel like you're a part of their intergalactic 'ohana when you join them for an American breakfast influenced by the exotic tastes of the Polynesian islands. Menu selections include scrambled eggs, Island-style fried potatoes, Hawaiian pork sausages, smoked bacon and a variety of fresh fruits and breads.Family-Style Polynesian DinnerWhen the doors open for dinner, the bellow of conch shells welcome you to 'Ohana. Adding to the island ambiance are tikis, storytellers and coconut races, in which children sweep coconuts with brooms across the hardwood floor down the center of the restaurant. The family fun continues as everyone is encouraged to play with hula hoops and dance to island music.The 'Ohana servers add to the festive atmosphere, as they dash between tikis and tropical greenery to bring plates of Polynesian specialties to your table. Choose from skewers roasted over an expansive 18-foot oak fire pit, and side dishes include stir-fried vegetables, fried dumplings, lo mein noodles and a salad starter.
Reviewed February 22, 2014

We went here for breakfast with the charecters lilo,stitch, mickey and pluto , we had our photo taken before breakfast and that was given to us while we were eating our breakfast, the food was very nice, hot fresh and plenty was on offer, you can ask for more if you want, lovely mickey waffles, warm and again waiter came around offering more, nothing was to much trouble.
The characters came around and visited every table, i personally didnt feel like they spent enough time with each table, managed to get a few photos,but it felt very rushed, but there were alot of tables and people to see.
Time came for all the kids to follow the characters around the restaurant singing and dancing , the kids loved this and the characters were good at getting all the kids involved.
Worth the visit and glad we came but i think there are other character dining experiences that are better.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,434)

Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

The food was fabulous here! The kids loved it as well as the adults. The shrimp and steak were our favorites! Definitely a to do on your disney vacation!

Reviewed February 18, 2014

Wow..............the food was delish but it is TOO much for even the biggest eaters!! Thanks to Cousin Morris & the hula teacher. FUN FUN!!
Try to go around 7 and request to be seated by the window with the view of Cinderella's castle. About 8:00 you will be surprised with the fireworks show!!

Reviewed February 18, 2014

I've been here many times and I know it's pretty much my favorite place to eat at Disney World and there are a lot of reviews that echo this. I will instead write about my experience taking my vegan sister to this place which is a meat-lovers paradise.

We had noted this on our reservation but our server wasn't aware. After she took our drink order she told the chef. We had a young gentleman server who brought out most of the food throughout our meal. Our normal appetizers were coming out and we asked our server if any of the items were okay for a vegan to eat. The salad was, not the friendship bread, and the noodles with veggies were good.

While me and my other sister were getting filled up on meat my other sister ate the whole bowl of salad and was asking for more salad and noodles. When she was starting on the second bowl was when they brought out her special appetizer. It was a nice presentation but she said it tasted like fake cheese she makes better at home. When all of us were really full and winding down was when they brought out her entree which was a giant bowl of veggies and potatoes. She ate all the potatoes but was too full for the rest of it. The only dessert equivalent was fruit and she wasn't in the mood for fruit so she watched us eat the glorious bread pudding.

The thing she most raved about was the peanut sauce, she even made a copycat as soon as she went back home to Idaho. Overall she liked the meal but they were late on the service with her food compared to our food.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

So many people tell me that this is their favorite meal at Disney World. It can be a hard reservation to get. But every year it is at the top of my list when I am making my dining reservations for my vacation(months in advance). I always try for an early reservation because it can get a little crazy when the restaurant is full. The meal we had last week was fantastic from the bread through dessert. All of the meat was tender and juicy. We had servers bringing the skewers around to our table before we had finished our salad. People with very large appetites would love this restaurant because they just keep bringing food until you tell them to stop. I think Ohana just keeps getting better and better!