“LOVE Your cousins!! Great food and FUN times!”
Review of Ohana

Ohana
Ranked #102 of 3,931 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American, Asian, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Description: 'Ohana restaurant in Disney's Polynesian Resort offers a Character Dining breakfast and a Polynesian-inspired dinner menu. Both meals are served family-style—quite fitting since 'ohana means family in the Hawaiian language.Character Dining at BreakfastJoin Lilo and Stitch for 'Ohana's Best Friends Breakfast! Feel like you're a part of their intergalactic 'ohana when you join them for an American breakfast influenced by the exotic tastes of the Polynesian islands. Menu selections include scrambled eggs, Island-style fried potatoes, Hawaiian pork sausages, smoked bacon and a variety of fresh fruits and breads.Family-Style Polynesian DinnerWhen the doors open for dinner, the bellow of conch shells welcome you to 'Ohana. Adding to the island ambiance are tikis, storytellers and coconut races, in which children sweep coconuts with brooms across the hardwood floor down the center of the restaurant. The family fun continues as everyone is encouraged to play with hula hoops and dance to island music.The 'Ohana servers add to the festive atmosphere, as they dash between tikis and tropical greenery to bring plates of Polynesian specialties to your table. Choose from skewers roasted over an expansive 18-foot oak fire pit, and side dishes include stir-fried vegetables, fried dumplings, lo mein noodles and a salad starter.
Reviewed January 14, 2014

O'hanas is a must. This place is great for all ages! We try to go annually and we have never been let down by the service nor the food. We tend to try to book the early times or late times. Wishes is neat hear because they play the music through the sound system. This last time we were there for a 5:15 early dinner and it was fabulous! We met up with a good friend (cousin) and have a great time. I highly recommend this location. You will get way more food than you bargained for. The shrimp is great! The chicken, pork and beef is great too! Bread pudding is awesome! give them a try if you can get in!

1  Thank Hogfansforlife
Write a ReviewReviews (4,438)

Reviewed January 13, 2014

My husband and I have dines at Ohana many times and sometimes it has been fabulous but this time it was rather disappointing. First, we could only get a 9:30 reservation, which is really late to start a long all-you-can-eat meal, but we knew that going in. Then, we were seated at the worst table in the restaurant even though we tried to ask for a different table. We had sat their before and had a bad experience again. Then, only one food item the whole evening was actuall hot. Since the meats are grilled on a fire that was just steps from our table that would seem unlikely but we ate cold or barely warm food all night. Then - and this is the bad table part - the entertainer lined up little kids to hula dance right next to us and their parents stood leaning up against our table snapping flash pictures with the flashes right in our faces. It went on at least 15 minutes but felt even longer. The worst part was that it was the end of our meal and if we only could have escaped a few minutes sooner ... well it still would have been cold food. Definitely not a great experience at a restaurant we normally really like.

2  Thank MLMpoohbear
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Love the salad, love the chicken, love the pork, love the noodles! Awe...my mouth is watering just thinking about it. It's too bad I can only eat here once every year or two. Come hungry! Don't eat too much of the pot stickers and wings...save room for the chicken! Oh yeah, and the bread pudding! YUM! Reservations are usually a MUST here. Time it right and you can view the WISHES fireworks from Magic Kingdom!

Reviewed January 12, 2014

We reserved breakfast. First off I must say very nice place, loved the view. My waiter was amazing!! We got to see LILO, STITCH, PLUTO and MICKEY. the food was amazing, very pricey it was over $80.00 for 3 of us, 2 adults and a 4 year old. Overall great experience highly recommend if you have the cash

Reviewed January 11, 2014

I chose this restaurant to celebrate the birthday of two children (7 & 10) because it had gotten good reviews and was rated as among the "best family restaurants" in Orlando. Well, that wasn't our experience. We waited 20 minutes past our reservation for a table, which was okay - it did look extremely busy. I had made sure to order a birthday cake for the kids when I made the reservation, I double-checked with the hostess about it when we checked in and I TRIPLE-CHECKED about it with the person who seated us. All three assured me that they knew about the cake and it was clearly on our reservation. But we didn't get the cake. When our server brought dessert, I reminded him about the cake, but he knew nothing about it. Then he brought us out two cupcakes - so I said "um, but I specifically ordered a chocolate cake" - and he kind of looked at me dumbfounded and finally 15 minutes later brought a cake - but by then the kids had already eaten the pudding, ice cream and cupcakes he had brought - and they STILL charged me $25 for the cake!!! The rest of the service was very rushed. They started bringing food out immediately and it felt like it was a food factory, with them just piling very mediocre-tasting food on our plates. We felt like we were being rushed out the door (which we probably were) for get more people in, so that wasn't very pleasant - we basically kept telling the waiter "we are taking a break" as he either kept trying to bring more food or take the plates away. In the reviews we read, it said there was live music and all kinds of fun games for the kids. The live music and games lasted maybe all of 10 minutes and from where we were sitting (off in a side room), we didn't even know about it until it was 1/2 way over. They made announcements on a speaker, but you could barely hear it. It was an expensive dinner and not worth it at all - I won't be going back or recommending it.

1  Thank KingTheWanderlust