“Good food, not so for the show.”
Review of Ohana

Ohana
Ranked #195 of 4,077 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American, Asian, Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Description: 'Ohana restaurant in Disney's Polynesian Resort offers a Character Dining breakfast and a Polynesian-inspired dinner menu. Both meals are served family-style—quite fitting since 'ohana means family in the Hawaiian language.Character Dining at BreakfastJoin Lilo and Stitch for 'Ohana's Best Friends Breakfast! Feel like you're a part of their intergalactic 'ohana when you join them for an American breakfast influenced by the exotic tastes of the Polynesian islands. Menu selections include scrambled eggs, Island-style fried potatoes, Hawaiian pork sausages, smoked bacon and a variety of fresh fruits and breads.Family-Style Polynesian DinnerWhen the doors open for dinner, the bellow of conch shells welcome you to 'Ohana. Adding to the island ambiance are tikis, storytellers and coconut races, in which children sweep coconuts with brooms across the hardwood floor down the center of the restaurant. The family fun continues as everyone is encouraged to play with hula hoops and dance to island music.The 'Ohana servers add to the festive atmosphere, as they dash between tikis and tropical greenery to bring plates of Polynesian specialties to your table. Choose from skewers roasted over an expansive 18-foot oak fire pit, and side dishes include stir-fried vegetables, fried dumplings, lo mein noodles and a salad starter.
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

This was my first time at ohanas I thought the food was great, except we never got the coconut bread, but didn't really need it. I would go back it was one of the best meals I've eaten in Disney. The show was a little disappointing, it was geared more for younger children.

1  Thank Quinnkelly
Write a ReviewReviews (4,532)

Reviewed July 28, 2013

We came here for dinner, only knowing it is family style. My family and I were nervous that it was going to be a loud, overwhelming experience like Whispering Canyon, where the meal is almost unenjoyable as a result. Not only was it NOT obnoxious, it was fun watching the children dance and sing in the center of the restaurant. I loved being able to look out the window over the pool and people watch.
This is a family style all you can eat meal. They just keep wheeling out the food to you! They bring out pineapple bread, salad, noodles, wings and potstickers, as well as beef, pork, shrimp and chicken on skewers. I look for both quantity and quality in a restaurant's food, and Ohana delivers on both ends! Albeit, it is expensive, but worth it.
Also, I have a serious pineapple and dairy allergy (which is a prominent flavor in the finale and Ohana's signature dish, the bread pudding). Not only were they amazing accommodating me for the main courses, the chef made me an allergen free chocolate chip brownie with soy ice cream and hot fudge. Not exaggerating in the least, one of the BEST desserts I've ever eaten in my life.
My only complaint is that the food is shelled out a little TOO quickly. Clearly, it is a popular restaurant and they wanted people to quickly eat and leave. Otherwise, being a Disney vet who has eaten at almost every restaurant on property, I can safely say this is one of the best dining experiences I have ever had in my entire life. Ohana is a must do!

2  Thank aavct90
Reviewed July 28, 2013

This is more of a dinner experience or event than just dinner and my overall impression is that it fell flat. The price was high (though perhaps not by Disney standards)--about $62 each for adults with tax and mandatory gratuity--and the experience was not as good as I thought it would be.

The starters were good, but not "outstanding" in any way. Think quantity, not quality. Wings and pot stickers were fine and the youngsters polished a decent sized serving of them off, but they just weren't anything to brag about. The bread provided was very good.

The main course was served in a rush. It was more like "here have some meat and get out of here" than servings designed to make the meal an enjoyable time. Much more meat than was needed per serving was slid off of the skewers; even more than was requested by the folks as they were served.

The noodles with vegetables were good. The two sauces provided with the meat were uninspired. The meats themselves (beef, chicken, pork, and shrimp) ranged from cooked perfectly to hopelessly overcooked and they were just not that tasty.

The entertainment provided was fine.

The finale--dessert--was the one exceptional thing about the night. It was bread pudding served with ice cream and bananas Foster sauce. Everyone at the table loved it and we had seconds plus some...and everyone was still talking about it the next day.

A little bit of attention to detail would have made this a lot better evening.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Ohana is a must! One of the best meals, great food, and service. Highly recommend and book reservations early, months ahead.

1  Thank Cindy L
Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

We had a character breakfast on our first full day at WDW. It was crazy busy but the service and food were still very good. This venue for a character bfast is full and I mean full every day. We ended up being finished with our food long before all the characters came to our table. No biggie for us but could be a problem with other families. Be prepared to wait your turn. It's an excellent breakfast. My husband was surprised with how much he enjoyed the food. He asked for seconds which is encouraged at this restaurant. You won't leave hungry.