“Great place...”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Ohana

Ohana
Ranked #117 of 3,764 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American, Polynesian, Hawaiian
Good for: Large groups, Scenic view, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Buffet, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: 'Ohana restaurant in Disney's Polynesian Resort offers a Character Dining breakfast and a Polynesian-inspired dinner menu. Both meals are served family-style—quite fitting since 'ohana means family in the Hawaiian language.Character Dining at BreakfastJoin Lilo and Stitch for 'Ohana's Best Friends Breakfast! Feel like you're a part of their intergalactic 'ohana when you join them for an American breakfast influenced by the exotic tastes of the Polynesian islands. Menu selections include scrambled eggs, Island-style fried potatoes, Hawaiian pork sausages, smoked bacon and a variety of fresh fruits and breads.Family-Style Polynesian DinnerWhen the doors open for dinner, the bellow of conch shells welcome you to 'Ohana. Adding to the island ambiance are tikis, storytellers and coconut races, in which children sweep coconuts with brooms across the hardwood floor down the center of the restaurant. The family fun continues as everyone is encouraged to play with hula hoops and dance to island music.The 'Ohana servers add to the festive atmosphere, as they dash between tikis and tropical greenery to bring plates of Polynesian specialties to your table. Choose from skewers roasted over an expansive 18-foot oak fire pit, and side dishes include stir-fried vegetables, fried dumplings, lo mein noodles and a salad starter.
Fort Mill, South Carolina
“Great place...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

This place was awesome. The atmosphere was perfect. I loved all the different food they serve. I think my son ate two dozen shrimp. My children did not want the noodles with the sauce so the server brought out plain noodles. The entertainment is also great for the kids. This is a must try place in Disney.

Visited May 2013

• Korean first
  • Thai first
Davie, Florida
“Taking a step back seems to have become the theme at Disney”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

This was the 4th time my wife and I have dined at O'hana for dinner. Previously, we've enjoyed our meals immensely. This time, not so much. First, let me say that dinner reservations require either excellent timing or perseverance. You either book early or call repeatedly until there's a cancellation. 9:40 PM slots are often available at the last moment, especially as a walk-up. We arrived early and were sat right on time. For some reason, our table and most of the surrounding tables were sat within 10 minutes of each other. Our server was forced to tend to multiple large tables at the same time. Having dined there various times before, I knew he had a little speech he had to make about us calling him "cousin" and he reciprocating. He didn't bother, which tweaked me because we had brought first-time diner friends with us. It's part of the experience. He then took our drink orders and disappeared for a long while. Our salad course and bread were on the table before our drinks. Salad was run- of-the-mill iceberg with tiny pieces of papaya and cheap canned mandarin oranges. Seemed cheap. This bothered me further. After salad, came sticky chicken wings and pan- fried pork dumplings. The wings were good. The dumplings were hard and gamy-tasting. Not the good dumplings we've had previously. After the wings, which are very sticky, they are supposed to bring moist towels. They did not bring them. We used our napkins to try to get all the mess off our hands. I would have asked for moist towels, but none of the other tables had them either. Either they dropped this service or our server was not on his game. This was a further step back. They then bring skewers of meat around. Pork was good. Chicken was over-cooked. Beef was good, but a bit fatty. The shrimp were good, but I was not happy to find that some of them were grossly undercooked. I know they're cooked on an open flame, but under-cooked seafood is not a minor thing. At this point, I was aggravated. To top it off, my wife had to eat more slowly, in order to tend to our 2-y/o son. She was still eating when they decided plates of food had to be taken away. She had to ask them to please leave them. They were put back without a word, much less an apology. At the end, an automatic 18% gratuity was added to our check. This is standard industry practice for parties of 6 or more, but 2 of our guests were infants. I felt our service was substandard. I leave 20% for good service and 15% for bad. This service was definitely not deserving of 18%, but I had no choice. I felt better knowing that it is likely shared with the other service people. I didn't discuss anything that had happened until we got in the car. Almost in unison, my wife and I started taking about our feelings toward the evening. We agreed on everything. We're coming back to Disney at the end of the year, but we'll be crossing off this place from our list. It's so sad to have to do this, but Disney needs to try harder to keep customers loyal at their eateries. Had similar experience at Le Celier 2 months ago. Myself and several friends are in full agreement that the Disney dining plans have almost ruined dining at WDW. It's the mentality that service and food don't need to be as good because they know tables will still be filled. We are still adoring fans of Disney World, but it makes it a little bit harder when we have repeated experiences like this. It's almost like finding out your favorite local restaurant has dropped your favorite items from the menu, one at a time.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank JPMato
Hemet, California
“Family style fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

We loved the Hawaiian atmosphere. Service was all you can eat family style with delicious skewer's of grilled shrimp, beef filet, pork, and chicken. The only desert was a large bread pudding served family style. I don't normally like bread pudding but this was out of sight - very light almost like french toast. By the way we could have had a second but every one was full.

Visited May 2013
Portland, Maine
“If you like meat on a stick, this is your paradise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

I read up far in advance on restaurants prior to traveling as we have a family member who needs to eat gluten free. We like Disney in general because they make eating GF very safe -- they understand what cross contamination means (and for that matter, how it could ruin a vacation). We'd never tried O'Hana, and at first I was concerned about the family style serving, but I needn't have been. As usual, when we arrived a chef met with us personally and informed us they would be bringing separate foods for my daughter, etc and each time a server came to the table with her food, they very clearly identified that it was safe for her to eat.
For seating, I was happy that we were a bit away from the center of the action. There was a Hawaiian ukelele player who was getting the kids going with a dance, and I was happy not to be right where she was. She wasn't out of tune; I just don't have a soft spot for ukeleles.
The volume of food is ridiculous. Pay attention to what they say they'll be bringing you, because if you tuck in to excess on the bread, dumplings and chicken wing appetizers like I did, you won't have room for the steak...or the pork...or the chicken...or the shrimp. It just kept coming! I liked the salad, though dressing was a bit sweet for my taste, and the bananas foster-ish dessert was great but there was no more room for it to fit! Will do this again, but not fill up on the appetizers next time.

Visited April 2013
Quebec City, Canada
“Too much expectation:(”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

On our third trip to Disney we were so excited to have finally been able to reserve a dinner at Ohana...but unfortunately it was not at all what we expected : first our waiter did not look clean at all , he was wearing an old dirty looking faded orange pant :(
We felt like it was a serve fast, eat fast and certainly leave fast kind of experience...The food by itself was ok for the most part , but the beef and pork was awful , all the four of us did not touch those items!!! We had bread without butter, no coffee was offer, they took the un finish salad without asking and our waiter was cleaning our table even before we even consider leaving (SO RUDE!!!)
With all the amazing restaurants Disney has to offer, we will never return ... The entertainment did nothing for us either!!!

• Visited April 2013