“Great Character Interactions”

Ohana
Ranked #192 of 4,060 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American, Asian, Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Description: 'Ohana restaurant in Disney's Polynesian Resort offers a Character Dining breakfast and a Polynesian-inspired dinner menu. Both meals are served family-style—quite fitting since 'ohana means family in the Hawaiian language.Character Dining at BreakfastJoin Lilo and Stitch for 'Ohana's Best Friends Breakfast! Feel like you're a part of their intergalactic 'ohana when you join them for an American breakfast influenced by the exotic tastes of the Polynesian islands. Menu selections include scrambled eggs, Island-style fried potatoes, Hawaiian pork sausages, smoked bacon and a variety of fresh fruits and breads.Family-Style Polynesian DinnerWhen the doors open for dinner, the bellow of conch shells welcome you to 'Ohana. Adding to the island ambiance are tikis, storytellers and coconut races, in which children sweep coconuts with brooms across the hardwood floor down the center of the restaurant. The family fun continues as everyone is encouraged to play with hula hoops and dance to island music.The 'Ohana servers add to the festive atmosphere, as they dash between tikis and tropical greenery to bring plates of Polynesian specialties to your table. Choose from skewers roasted over an expansive 18-foot oak fire pit, and side dishes include stir-fried vegetables, fried dumplings, lo mein noodles and a salad starter.
Reviewed February 27, 2013

We did this character breakfast when my daughter was 1 1/2. She couldn't really talk much yet but knew Mickey and Pluto. This was an excellent experience for us. My daughter loved seeing her characters and the food was light and simple. The perfect start to our vacation!

Write a ReviewReviews (4,505)

Reviewed February 27, 2013

We were able on late notice to get a dinner reservation for 5:05 on February 21st while visiting Orlando. I have a shell fish allergy and the chef made it a point to make sure that I was protected while dining there. Our server, Morris, was outstanding. We wanted for nothing and everything was wonderful. It is pricey, but you do not go away hungry. The entertainment is outstanding too. It is a wonderful restaurant experience and we have already recommended it to many of our family and friends if they are in the area. Karen and Bill

1  Thank karen h
Reviewed February 27, 2013

The breakfast is excellent - all you can eat of eggs, sausage, bacon, potatoes and waffles. The staff are all great. There are good characters. I don't eat regular bacon and they brought out my own dish of turkey bacon. Our favorite breakfast spot in Disney.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Well let me start by saying I've read the reviews on the Ohana restaurant before going just so I had an idea of what others had to say about it. Let me say you must book it at least 2 to 3 weeks in advanced if you want to dine here, it's that booked. We had an 8:45 pm reservation, got there at 8:27 and was in our seats by 8:52 which for as crowded as it was, was just perfect. The coconut bread was on the table before sat down and was finished before the waiter introduced himself, we were hungry and it was very good! Within a few minutes there was a delicious salad with passion fruit and a peanut sauce dressing to put on it,( again very good). While we eating the salad the waiter brought over a plate of chicken wings and dumplings as well as a plate of noodles with a vegetable mix on it also. The waiters cleared off the salad bowls and then the meats started coming first some skewered steak, moments later skewered chicken. Then there was some skewered pork and finally skewered shrimp to close out the meats/dinner portion of the meal. While eating the waiters were constantly coming around asking if you need anything as well as more meat of any kind. Once you were almost as stuffed as could be they cleared the table to make room for the dessert which was a scoop of ice cream for the kids and a generous portion of a bread pudding with vanilla ice cream on top with a banana caramel sauce to put on top, delicious.... So for a family of 4, 2 adults 2 kids with 2 bar drinks cost $134 plus tip. To sum it up we thought it was very good and worth the money. Be your own judge, go with an open mind and I'm sure you will enjoy it as well as we did!

1  Thank John D
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We chose 'Ohana for one of our Magic Kingdom days. We took the resort monorail from the Magic Kingdom to 'Ohana which was very convenient. This restaurant was great. The family style dining is so fun and you certainly don't leave hungry.

Right when we were seated we were served coconut bread that was fantastic. Next our waiter brought out beverages. I had pomegranate lemonade that was delicious. We were given warm towels to wipe our hands which was a nice touch. Next, we had the salad which was greens with fruit and a tangy, sweet dressing. Very tasty.

The pot stickers and chicken wing appetizers were just okay. The wings were large, the sauce was good, but I found they were a bit too rubbery (I like the chicken skin very crisp). The pot stickers were good, but very similar to frozen ones you make at home.

Now it was meat time. The server first brought around chicken breast, then steak, pork tenderloin, and finally shrimp. We thought all the meats were delicious. They were nicely seasoned and fire-grilled. My favorite was the chicken and shrimp. You get a nice peanut sauce for the meat. All the meat was hot except for the chicken, but that was because it was the last few pieces on the long skewers they bring around. They keep coming around asking if you want more meat, but we declined as the first portions were so huge we couldn't even finish those.

Quite late into the meal, the noodles and stir fried vegetables were brought to our table. I thought that timing was a bit off because we had already ate most of the meat. The noodles and veggies were just okay so I was too disappointed that I didn't have room for them.

At the end of the meal was the best dessert of our trip. A delicious banana bread pudding with ice cream. Too bad we were so full we could hardly eat any of it.

During our dinner, a woman got the kids up to teach them how to hula, have a coconut race (kids using brooms to push coconuts along the floor), and sing songs. It probably lasted about 15 minutes and our son who was 6 loved it. He also got a lei.

Being on the Disney Dining Plan, this was a great choice for a supper as it's one of the more expensive table service restaurants. We really enjoyed the food, the atmosphere, and the entertainment. Just make sure you enjoy meat.

It's also a great option when you are going to the Magic Kingdom. We ate at 6:30 p.m., took the monorail back to the Magic Kingdom at 8:00 p.m., and were just in time to watch the fire works while we were waiting for our resort bus.

Note: If you have a picky eater, they have kid's meals on request. When we were seated I asked for a kid's meal. for our son since he's not very adventurous. They offered a hot dog, grilled cheese, or chicken fingers (all with fries).