“Incredible Golf course with reasonable price”

Arnold Palmer's Bay Hill Golf Club
Ranked #25 of 126 Outdoor Activities in Orlando
Reviewed February 14, 2012

I played and stayed at Arnold Palmer's Bay Hill Golf course on Feb 9. The course is private but if you stay on premise, it allows you access to the course. After checking in to the lodge, I was given my "card". It serves as cash in the restaurants and most everywhere else, as it seems that the entire resort is cashless.
The course was in excellent shape. It seemed like every hole was memorable. The was alot of workers all over the course, as they are getting ready for the PGA in a couple weeks. The entire course was in incredible shape. I played 18 holes on my arrival day and then 18 holes on the day we left. They have a forecaddie program there. I was not assigned one on the first day, but had one my second day. I would check the resorts guidelines as it costs $60 plus tip for the caddie. The additional round cost $165.
The rooms at the Lodge were very dated , but I felt that it fit in with the 70's feel of the entire club. We also had a few beers in the Members locker room.

1  Thank Waynegrow2
"pace"
"florida"
"passes"

Reviewed February 1, 2012

I went to the course with my father, while we were checking in Arnold was in the restaurant having lunch! He went out as a shotgun start and we started on 18. Arnold's group went out on 1 so there was several times we saw the legend. A wonderful course. Highly recommend. The course is challenging with plenty of water, sand, and trees to get in the way!!

2  Thank donster23
Reviewed October 27, 2011

Finally got to play this course for real. Play it each winter on the virtual machine at our indoor golf place and finally played it. Was a great trek as I do indoor but just that much more spectacular in real life. Had a great caddie who definitely knew the course.

I would recomend to any one who wants to play a championship course without the high price tag. Lodge is great and the rooms are renovated. Just missed Arnie at the turn as I was in the bathroom!

Reviewed July 7, 2011

The Club & Lodge underwent a 7 million dollar renovation only 21/2 years ago, the place is impeccable... I was told Mr. Palmer's daughter did all the decorating and made it cozy and comfortable to reflect her father's style. Only last year Mr Palmer spent another 2 million making the Bay Hill golf course one of the finest in the world... Not much one can say but WOW, in a time that most properties are not reinvesting, Arnold Palmer's Bay Hill Club & Lodge has been totally transformed and modernized and is quite beautiful.

1  Thank royschindele
See more reviews
Reviewed July 3, 2011

We stayed one night at Bay Hill so we could play the golf course. The golf course is beyond fantastic and when we played we were at times the only people I could see.
The lodge and clubhouse is pure 70's high end golf. Walking through the place is like a time capsule. We stayed in one of the villas which is actually a small two bedroom house that has been refurbished. It still smelled a bit like Grandma's but was very nicely done and very comfortable. I would definitely recommend it for a night or two and would highly recommend the course.