“I was really surprised with the staff. They were super...”

Wingate by Wyndham Orlando International Airport
Ranked #99 of 337 Hotels in Orlando

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Room was available when I arrived, very clean, fresh and nicely appointed. Excellent value and the breakfast was outstanding with hot and cold items and coffee available 24/7. Very convenient to the airport and dining establishments in the area that you could walk too if you wished. My 1st stay, but not my last. Staff always very friendly and a good word to say to you.

Room Tip: If transiting or staying in the area - a good location to almost everything.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I got this hotel through Priceline for 1 night. I read several reviews and was very skeptical going into the hotel but was pleasantly surprised. The front desk staff was excellent and the room I got was clean and comfortable, which is all I really care about.
Yes, some things in this property might be a little dated, but they were mostly the charming kind of dated.. not the EWWW! kind.

I knocked 1 star off for the slightly dated interior, a breakfast which was only average and sloooooow WiFI (free).

I would not hesitate to stay here again if I find myself in Orlando.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Hudson, QC
Reviewed April 28, 2013

We had a terrible experience here. The hotel looked old and dirty. We arrived early on our way back from a cruise with our 2 children. The manager was awful. Very rude. We were let into our room early which we were very grateful for. We sat on the bed and played cards with the children. Suddenly we smelled a horrible burning smell (the windows don't open so we couldn't even get rid of the smell). My husband went to get the manager and upon closer inspection found that the air conditioning unit had blown. The carpet around the window was soaking wet. It could've started a fire. She accused of having turned up the heat and burnt out the unit. Seriously?! Then she blamed our children! (Our children are quiet and not destructive. We look after them and don't let them run wild.) Apparently the same thing was happening in another room according to another person on staff. There wasn't anyone around to fix it either. Finally she found us another room. The air conditioning was so noisy we had to turn it off at night. The bathroom tiles were falling off the walls. The whole place obviously needed some major renovations. It was a total dive. It was in a great location and within walking distance of restaurants and stores. Too bad it was so poorly run. Wouldn't go back and wouldn't recommend it to anyone. We aren't fussy people. All we wanted was a nice, clean hotel to stay overnight before heading back home... Avoid this place!

Room Tip: It was quiet if you turned off the air conditioning. But I would avoid this place altogether.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Travelers also viewed these Orlando hotels
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Orlando Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Orlando Airport
Hyatt Place Orlando Airport
Hampton Inn Orlando International Airport
Ramada Suites Orlando Airport
SpringHill Suites Orlando Airport

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Orlando International Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Wingate by Wyndham Orlando International Airport

Property: Wingate by Wyndham Orlando International Airport
Address: 5750 Hazeltine National Dr, Orlando, FL 32822-5022
Location: United States > Florida > Central Florida > Orlando
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Room Service Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#29 Best Value Hotel in Orlando
#107 Business Hotel in Orlando
Hotel Class:3 star — Wingate by Wyndham Orlando International Airport 3*
Located just 1.2 miles north of the Orlando International Airport (MCO) and SR 528 (Beachline Expressway), we are also near I-4, the Florida Turnpike putting you within minutes of the Orlando/Orange County Convention Center, Disney Theme Parks, Universal Studios, Sea World, Kennedy Space Center, and of course the Florida Beaches. Several nice dining options just across the street from hotel including; Bar Louie, Outback Steakhouse, Sonny's BBQ, Marlow's Tavern and Rock & Brew among others. Within walking distance to Epic Theater. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Hotel.de, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Wingate by Wyndham Orlando International Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Wingate By Wyndham At Orlando International Airport Hotel Orlando