“Stay Clear! Confirmed our booking twice but room was not held!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Wingate by Wyndham Orlando International Airport

Wingate by Wyndham Orlando International Airport
Ranked #111 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Sydney, Australia
“Stay Clear! Confirmed our booking twice but room was not held!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

This overdue review is for our dreadful experience on 9th June 2012. My apologies for not posting sooner to all TA travelers. We booked this hotel months in advance through Booking.com. The booking was confirmed and guaranteed by email from Booking.com. As we were a family of four embarking on a very long trip around the US I personally contacted reception at the Wingate by Wyndham to again re-confirm so there would be no hiccups during our travels. I stated to the receptionist and also mentioned on my booking.com confirmation that we would be arriving around 12.30-1am in the morning and had enquired about booking an early morning shuttle for our early flight the next morning, I was advised all was fine with the booking by the receptionist. When we arrived at Orlando International we had to contact the hotel as the shuttle bus was not there to pick us up and transport us to the hotel. After waiting for about 30 minutes for the shuttle we eventually made it to the hotel, my husband, myself and our two young children along with 8 pieces of luggage. By this time it was 1am, the receptionist then proceeded to inform me they did not have a room for us. I stated this is impossible as i have a confirmation as well as I spoke to them in person to confirm the booking prior to leaving Australia for our holiday. I could not believe how rude and uncaring the receptionist appeared and she stated that we would have to be transferred to their sister hotel. I demanded they give us a room and she said that although they did have our booking they did not have a room for us. We were sent back to the shuttle bus to be transferred to another hotel for the night and had to endure a stay in a filthy room with a terrible odour. In their defence the Wingate did offer the accommodation for the night as 'complimentary' due to the mix up however I had booked this months ahead for a good rate and I would have much preferred our room to be ready when we arrived. The whole experience was absolutely disgusting and I would highly recommend that you stay clear of any bookings with this hotel! After reading other TA reviews it appears this has happened to other TA travellers also. When I contacted Booking.com they did follow up the matter straight away and I received a response from the manager 'Spencer Tarplee' which states that the reason our room was given away was due to some guest who stayed the previous night and wanted to extend their stay by another night...therefore they were given our room! Surely if the room was booked the guests should have been advised to look elsewhere or perhaps it is they who should have been moved to the sister hotel (which is not IMO a comparable hotel.) The Senior Management responsible for the Wingate should investigate their operations as this is simply and absolutely not good enough !!!!

Room Tip: no point choosing a room here....it probably won't be available for you when you arrive!!!! they...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Spencer_Tarplee_GM, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Orlando International Airport, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Thank you for your comments. I apologize to you personally that your booking with us was not honored at check-in. Believe me when I say that we do not like walking any of our guests to another hotel in the area. We try to avoid this if at all possible. Unfortunately, as explained to the Booking.com representative, we had unexpected stayovers that night and were forced to unfortunately relocate you along with other guests to another hotel in the area as you are aware. I apologize if you feel as if you were not given a comparable hotel or if it were not up to par with your expectations. As you mentioned we did offer the accommodation for the night as 'complimentary' due to the mix up which was the least we could do. I would like to speak with you directly regarding this situation in an attempt to have a second chance at earning your business. I do realize that you are in Australia so if email is preferred, please email me directly at gm@wingateorlandoairport.com. I look forward to speaking with you more in depth about this unfortunate occurence.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

My husband and I recently returned from a 6 night stay at this hotel and very much enjoyed it. We were not looking to stay in close proximity to the theme parks so this location fit the bill. The only drawback to this location was each time we left the hotel to go somewhere, we had to deal with the tolls on the freeway. The hotel was clean and all the staff that we dealt with were fantastic! The morning buffett breakfast was a nice surprise with lots of choices. We also really enjoyed the 24 hour coffee service in the lobby. Location was good as well, and it was nice that there was several restaurants to choose from within walking distance. Beds were very comfortable and we both got a great nights sleep each night. Overall we had a very enjoyable stay and would not hesitate to stay again next time we find ourselves in Orlando!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your business and kind words. We are so happy that you and your husband enjoyed your stay with us at the Wingate by Wyndham Orlando Airport. We strive for perfection and to exceed expectations to every guest, every time and are elated that we delivered on this goal we have set forth. We are happy that you were able to enjoy what is expected when staying in our hotel which are cleanliness, great customer service, an expanded breakfast buffet with items to meet anyone's preference and the many more complimentary amenities we have to offer such as 24 hour coffee and cappucino. Thank you for your comments on location as well for we feel that we are the best location here outside of the airport given we are located in walking distance to several quality restaurants as well as the ease of getting to the airport. from our location. Our beds are very comfortable and we get many rave reviews on the level of comfort, so we appreciate that comment as well. We look forward to having you back in the future as we hope that you call Wingate by Wyndham Orlando Airport your home when visiting Orlando, Florida.
BUFFALO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

I was very stasfied with stay there and became a member, anytime i visit orlando i will make that my stay, the beds are very comfortable rooms are clean, the only thing in my opinion is there was a bad odor in 206, now the staff, i will come back because of them, very humble, tatiani and rudy, very pleasant to chat with, had the privilege meeting the owner , very nice guy, i give this hotel a 5 star rating because the staff !!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Thank you so much for your business and the kind words. We are elated that you were very stasfied with your stay largely due to the service you received and the staff's level of customer service. We take pride in delivering 100% guest satisfaction to each guest, every time and are happy that we drove home that guarantee. We look forward to you staying with us again at the Wingate by Wyndham Orlando Airport in the near future.
BELLEVIEW
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

everything was excellent from start to finish. i was late arriving and i asked for a late checkout and the gentleman very generously gave me 2 extra hours. the bed was the most comfortable i have slept in in quite a while. it was a very relaxing night

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Thank you for your business. We appreciate the kind remarks and are so happy that everything was excellent from start to finish as this is our standard operating procedure and what we strive for. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our comfortable beds and that you were able to enjoy a relaxing night. We look forward to you staying with us again in the future as we value our repeat business at the Wingate by Wyndham Orlando Airport.
CHESAPEAKE
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

The Staff were wonderful, Clean ,Friendly, Great selection on breakfast bar.
I would love to stay here anytime I am in town.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Thank you so much for your business. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff delivered on the level of satisfaction that we strive for, 100%. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the selection of breakfast items that we have put forth as we recently expanded our breakfast to offer more health conscious items. We look forward to having you back at the hotel in the future.
INVERNESS
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

My husband booked two nights at your hotel as we had family members flying early Saturday morning and we live 2 1/2 hours from home. We were very impressed with all things regarding the hotel. Wingate by Wyndham has been our choice to stay for 3 years. The staff was wonderful and very polite. We would recommend this hotel and will stay again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Thank you so much for your feedback . We appreciate the kind remarks and are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are glad that you have found your home with Wingate by Wyndham Orlando International Airport. We take pride in delivering quality, first class service and exceeding your expectations. Thank you for the recommendation and we look forward to you staying with us again in the future.
Newport, Rhode Island
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

I stayed here on a Priceline reservation and while I have had issues with using Priceline in the past and receiving inferior rooms at OTHER hotel chains, this was not the case at this hotel. I found the front desk staff to be cheerful, helpful and accomodating. The hotel had clean rooms and ice-cold AC. There was a small breakfast in the morning which was basic but food was fresh. I would not hesitate to stay here again as location is convenient for MCO flights. There are many restaurants in the area to choose and I never feel safety is an issue in this part of Orlando like I do in other locations.

Room Tip: This hotel is 100% non smoking-wonderful!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Spencer_Tarplee_GM, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Orlando International Airport, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Thank you so much for choosing to stay at the Wingate by Wyndham Orlando Airport. We are so thankful for your business and great feedback. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that you have found your home hear in Orlando when visiting.