This overdue review is for our dreadful experience on 9th June 2012. My apologies for not posting sooner to all TA travelers. We booked this hotel months in advance through Booking.com. The booking was confirmed and guaranteed by email from Booking.com. As we were a family of four embarking on a very long trip around the US I personally contacted reception at the Wingate by Wyndham to again re-confirm so there would be no hiccups during our travels. I stated to the receptionist and also mentioned on my booking.com confirmation that we would be arriving around 12.30-1am in the morning and had enquired about booking an early morning shuttle for our early flight the next morning, I was advised all was fine with the booking by the receptionist. When we arrived at Orlando International we had to contact the hotel as the shuttle bus was not there to pick us up and transport us to the hotel. After waiting for about 30 minutes for the shuttle we eventually made it to the hotel, my husband, myself and our two young children along with 8 pieces of luggage. By this time it was 1am, the receptionist then proceeded to inform me they did not have a room for us. I stated this is impossible as i have a confirmation as well as I spoke to them in person to confirm the booking prior to leaving Australia for our holiday. I could not believe how rude and uncaring the receptionist appeared and she stated that we would have to be transferred to their sister hotel. I demanded they give us a room and she said that although they did have our booking they did not have a room for us. We were sent back to the shuttle bus to be transferred to another hotel for the night and had to endure a stay in a filthy room with a terrible odour. In their defence the Wingate did offer the accommodation for the night as 'complimentary' due to the mix up however I had booked this months ahead for a good rate and I would have much preferred our room to be ready when we arrived. The whole experience was absolutely disgusting and I would highly recommend that you stay clear of any bookings with this hotel! After reading other TA reviews it appears this has happened to other TA travellers also. When I contacted Booking.com they did follow up the matter straight away and I received a response from the manager 'Spencer Tarplee' which states that the reason our room was given away was due to some guest who stayed the previous night and wanted to extend their stay by another night...therefore they were given our room! Surely if the room was booked the guests should have been advised to look elsewhere or perhaps it is they who should have been moved to the sister hotel (which is not IMO a comparable hotel.) The Senior Management responsible for the Wingate should investigate their operations as this is simply and absolutely not good enough !!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just 1.2 miles north of the Orlando International Airport (MCO) and SR 528 (Beachline Expressway), we are also near I-4, the Florida Turnpike putting you within minutes of the Orlando/Orange County Convention Center, Disney Theme Parks, Universal Studios, Sea World, Kennedy Space Center, and of course the Florida Beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, HotelsClick, Agoda, Hotel.de, HRS, Reservation Counter and Despegar.com so you can book your Wingate by Wyndham Orlando International Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wingate By Wyndham At Orlando International Airport Hotel Orlando
- Wingate Orlando International Airport
- Wyndham Orlando
- Orlando Wyndham