“Great business stay”

Ranked #188 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Danville, Illinois
“Great business stay”
Reviewed December 7, 2008

I had a quick in-and-out trip to the Orlando area for business and the Holiday Inn Express at the Airport was a great place to stay. Though not located directly at the airport, the hotel is very close by. With easy access off Route 528, it takes almost no time to get there.

I had booked the room with the hotel's website and gotten a great rate pre-paid. They didn't even take an imprint on my credit card when I got there, which I always appreciate. I'm tired of hotels that want to hold $250 on my credit card for one night in case of "incidentals." The front desk clerk who checked me in (I believe her name was Millie) was very friendly and was able to get me an early check-in.

The room (at a rate of only $89) was a large King non-smoking room with a sitting area, a microwave and small fridge. The carpet looked great, but after wearing white socks around while there, I could see that it was a little dirty. The bathroom was clean and the amenities are nice at Holiday Inn Express. There was a leak in the bathtub faucet but it wasn't enough to bother with.

Despite being an "airport" hotel, it was a very quiet place to sleep. Breakfast the next day was standard complimentary fare and the buffet area was clean and well-kept. Check out was without incident. Millie was there again and very pleasant to deal with.

The only negative (for some) is the hotel's location. It does have a very nice pool area, but isn't in a very picturesque location. For a family on a site seeing vacation it might be okay if they didn't spend a lot of time at the hotel.

If I need to travel to Orlando again for business, I would definitely stay there again.

• Liked — Location, price and friendliness of staff.
  • Disliked — kind of away from everything which might bother some people.
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Gulf Shores, Alabama
Reviewed August 1, 2008

This hotel is very basic and has no wow factor, but has excellent customer service. The rooms were really clean and a very nice size. We were staying here at the end of our vacation to be near the airport to fly back early the next morning. The pool looked nice, but we did not use it. It was a little on the small side, but looked clean and well maintained. We did not have the opportunity to eat the free breakfast and as had to fly out early, so we cannot comment on that.
It is located right next to a 7-11, which is convenient. This did not cause any excess traffic or noise. A short drive down the road are several restaurants to eat.
Overall, we were very happy with the hotel. We would stay here again.

• Liked — Customer service, cleanliness, size of rooms.
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed July 2008
San Diego, CA
Reviewed March 29, 2008

My wife and I stayed at this hotel at the tail end of our honeymoon. I chose this hotel because of its proximity to the airport and because I have had good experiences in the past with Holiday Inn Express hotels.

When we checked in, the staff was friendly and efficient. However, when we got to our room, there were hairs in the bed linens. We contacted the front desk and they said they would move us to a new room immediately. Within a few minutes, the head of housekeeping was at the door with a new set of roomkeys and a complimentary popcorn bucket which had popcorns, water and a few other goodies.

The new room was perfectly fine. Nice and clean and had a refridgerator, microwave and a little sitting area designed for business people to use I suppose. The hotel was nice and quiet and had a reasonably good view (for an airport hotel) of the parking lot and grasslands surrrounding it.

A big downfall of this hotel is its lack of proximity to any decent restaurants. There are only two places to get food nearby (three if you count the hotel's continental breakfast): McDonalds and 7-11.

Overall I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone with an early or late flight at Orlando International who needs a place to stay before moving on to their final destination.

The hotel is located close to Orlando International Airport and has a shuttle service that leaves every hour which goes there. I found the shuttle service to be very good and the driver was helpful and friendly.

• Liked — Its close proximity to the airport.
  • Disliked — No restaurants nearby.
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Kenshiroking
Houston, Texas
Reviewed January 21, 2008

I tried and tried and tried to get a hold of someone for a meeting at this hotel. When they finally called me back there were naturally be questions (about the contract, etc.) and they would say they would get back to me on them and I would hear nothing. Then the event planner's assistant would call asking if we could sign and send back the contract so I would have to tell her that I was waiting for the planner to get back with me about changes first. It was this way for 2 weeks until I said "forget it". I tried to give them the benefit of the doubt but in the end we had to cancel the meeting because we couldn't get a room with the late notice. I was disappointed because of the TripAdvisor ratings. They may be great for personal stays but I do NOT recommend them for meetings.

• Disliked — Bad communication within hotel staff and with potential customers
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
2 Thank trvlgrl4vr
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed January 4, 2008

This is a great Holiday Inn express property...its located kind of away from the main hotel park just north of the aiport, but makes up for it in service, cleanliness, and overall "stay-ability".

A 7-11 is nearby, and so is a McDonalds....parking lot is well lit with ample spaces...very well maintained property inside and out..The rooms were big...with a microwave and fridge, and a welcome bucket of snacks for Priority CLub Members...Great bath room...lots of great soaps and stuff...good water pressure and air conditioner - heater was pretty quiet...

I will be back as I travel here on business quite often,,,,oh yeah, the breakfast was very good...well stocked.....and all the PARKS are only about 20 minutes away with little traffic.

• Liked — Service at the Front Desk - Oversize rooms
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled on business
3 Thank MrFoxBox
California
Reviewed December 24, 2007

good location for airport hotel, very friendly people, very clean and neat, good shuttle service

• Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank johnKCalifornia
Lansing, MI
Reviewed April 8, 2007

We stayed here for a quick overnight prior to an early flight the next day. The pool was clean, but not fancy (no slides, etc). It was enough for a short swim with kids the night before we left for home. Room was clean and comfortable- microwave and fridge in the room. Our flight out was very early the next day and the woman who sets up breakfast set out Danishes and coffee even though it was way before the start of the official breakfast time. Other reviews are correct in stating that there are no restaurants (other than McD's) walking distance, but we had a car and wasn't an issue for us. I would definitely recommend this as a place to stay if need access to the airport, but not a thrilling pool if you're going to be spending a lot of time at a hotel.

• Liked — close to airport, clean, good breakfast
  • Disliked — no hot tub, very basic and small pool
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family