“Great Experience, Good Value”

Holiday Inn Express Orlando Airport
Ranked #184 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed February 19, 2013

The Holiday Inn Express Orlando Airport is clean and comfortable. The staff is very friendly and extremely helpful. The shuttle drivers are also very helpful and will pick up / drop off guests at local rental car companies (Payless and Sixt). The staff recommended a local restaurant (Fish on Fire) within walking distance for dinner--the food and service was very good. This hotel is very comfortable and convenient when traveling through Orlando Airport. When transiting Orlando, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed February 1, 2013

Fourth time staying here and really like it as I do most HIE&S.
Great friendly staff most of the time. Shuttle service is great. Be susr eot reserve and be there.
Rooms are clean. My arrival at 1am This time not a good clean bathroom. Hair in tub.
Toilet flush didn't work. Had to remove lid and reattach handle chain to flapper. Shower curtain was a little musty. I mentioned this on 2nd night checkout and Front Desk smiled, said sorry and would report problems. I'm a Priority Club member and she offered no discounting or comp for my more than mimimal inconvenience. That's a problem.
First night manager was nice. He didn't thoroughly review my first and 2nd night return itinerary. I had to remind him to give me a parking pass for extended stay parking. Also, I told him I dind't have my Priority Club number but didn't offer to look it up and include it in my reservation. Didn't acknowledge that I had stayed their 4 times before as a frequent guest.
Returned from West Coast trip -manager was great and looked up my PC# to credit to my account
Breakfast staff ( around 8:15am ) was socializing with another dept employee and ignoring the breakfast buffet. There were about 8 people including myself eating at that time Bacon was very low and LOTs of grease in the pan. Eggs were not cooked correctly with a lot of "egg water" at the bottom. Cream cheese had been unavailable for sometime and a guest had to interrupt the staff socializing to ask for more. Pastries were scattered. One of the trash cans was overflowing and ignored by staff then emptied about 10 min after I got there...after the social break You could tell the focus was not on customer service and exceptional experience first...it was last.
I will still use this HIE&S as my destination when needing to fly out of Orlando early AM. I expect a location to have so-so and superior days...still consistency in great quality and service is expected and that's how you build customer loyalty and social recommendations.

Room Tip: Avoid all rooms ending in 17. They are the backside of the elevator shaft and you here the loud hum...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank JaybirdGainesville
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Orlando Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Dear JaybirdGainesville,

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing to stay with us once again. I'm glad that you found the shuttle service to be great. On the other hand, please accept my sincere apologies for the not up to par experience you have had with the toilet and during breakfast. This is definitely not up to our standards and we are constantly working on improving the quality of service provided. Please be assured that all your comments will be looked into and actions will be taken accordingly. Your patronage and support to the hotel is very important to us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Karen G.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

This hotel was an excellent location for us near the airport. We had an early a.m. flight so this worked out perfect. They provide an excellent, prompt, free shuttle to the airport. The rooms were spacious & clean. I liked the hallway carpeting on the 2nd floor-very cool & colorful!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Nice property but not the most welcoming front desk. Not a smile from the woman when I checked in. They also don't offer anything to platinum members like water or snacks. First one I have been to like that. In fact I had just left another Holiday Inn Express in TN that promised if you became a priority member you would get free water whenever you checked into any Express.
The rooms were large and ours was a double with a chair and ottoman with desk and a chair with a small dividing wall between that section and the beds. There was a small pool outside but it was to cool to enjoy. If you have a car you can get to the Florida mall in 10 minutes. The hotel shares space with a gas station that has fresh fruit, soda, beer, pastries etc and is 200 ft. away. There is a McDonald's in walking distance otherwise not much around.
This is a good place to stay if you are flying in or out of Orlando. They also offer shuttle service to the airport and reservations need to be made the day before you leave for that service. We were there on a Sunday and the shuttle was busy.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I haven't stayed at a Holiday Inn in over 15 years because of consistent bad (gross) experiences. I chose to stay here for convenience to MCO. It actually is a nice, no frills room. What you see is what you get. Clean, simple accommodations, with good front desk service. A valid choice for a quick place to crash, at a decent price. No more, no less.

Free wifi, no room service. But they have menus if you want to order delivery

Right next to a gas station for filling the rental car back up before checking it back in. And right next to freeway access.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Orlando Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Dear bchgrrrl,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I can assure you that your comfort and satisfaction are of utmost importance to us and for that please accept my sincere apologies if your stay was negatively affected by the service you received from our hotel. I appreciate you bringing this matter into our attention as this is our best resource for improving guest satisfaction.

Krysllin G.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

One thing I despise is lack of cleanliness. We stayed two nights here. One on the way from the Airport and the other four days later on our way home. Let's say the first stay was better (cleaner bathroom). The breakfast staff was excellent the first stay and good the next. Shuttle service is very adequate. The driver was very nice both times. Would not return to this property.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Orlando Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2013

Dear COmamma,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. I am happy to know that you found our location to be sufficient for your needs. I would like to apologize for the issues you experienced with the condition of the room accommodations received. Your comments will be forwarded to the ownership of the hotel to take into consideration for future upgrades.

Once again, thank you for alerting us and bringing these unsatisfactory circumstances to our attention.

Pam G.

Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

When we checked in, I noticed that the bathroom by the lobby had no soap dispensers for hand washing. I showed an employee and he was amazed that e had not noticed. Also - no laundry facilities. Otherwise, a nice, clean place.

• Stayed: December 2012