“Don't expect too much”

Ranked #187 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Don't expect too much”
Reviewed January 10, 2012

Very average, old bedroom & bathroom fittings, noisy a/c unit and suspect cleanliness, sheet had stain, staff good & helpful, breakfast not so good with stale bagels and the usual plastic food, pre-formed cheese omelette, biscuits which crumbled when touched and disappointing coffee.
It was just an overnight and as such at the right price may just be acceptable.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Reviewed January 5, 2012

After arriving there late one night with two small kids, we noticed two large stains on the bed sheet under the comforter. To us, the sheets looked like they were clean - but the hideous and extremely large stains were completely unacceptable. We called the next morning and the font desk sent the housekeeping manager (Mabel?) to take a look and she offered to change the sheets. We asked to speak with the manager about our unhappiness and was told that the manager was on vacation but they would have some feedback for us. After waiting for a couple of hours, we decided to check out - and then, they offered us a free night if we stayed for another night or 5000 points if we left. We left. There is no way that the housekeeping staff who dressed the beds could have not noticed those stains. This is indicative of larger quality issues. I am a platinum member and stay at holiday inns a lot and have come to completely trust them. This experience has shattered my trust.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Cashewfeni
Texas
Reviewed December 22, 2011

We stayed at this hotel the night before our flight back home. Although it was not near much, it was a great hotel. The shuttle service was very prompt. The room was great. Ours seemed over sized. (not sure if this was a "normal" size room or not.) The hotel staff could not have been friendlier. They recommended a little restauarnt that was in walking distance, as we did not have a car.(although we did have to walk on the highway access road and there were no sidewalks) We loved the restaurant and would consider staying at the HI again just to eat there!! All in all it was a clean, reasonably priced hotel that more than met out expectations

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 10, 2011

I recently stayed here for 2 weeks on business. The property is 1 exit form the airport- 5 minutes tops. I stayed on the back side of the property, and airplane noise was not an issue. There is a 7-11 next door, a McDonald's right around the corner. Most everything is within a 5 minute drive. I recommend the Ale House, a local chain that has reasonable & good seafood & american food. Hot breakfast is served from 6 to 9:30 i think, but from 4-6 am there is a continental style available, in case you need to leave early you can fill up. The room was clean and quiet, most that stay here seem to be business folks for only a day or two. TV had ample channels, nice clean picture. The only reason I didn't rate excellent was due to the exercise room. There are only 2 treadmills, & 1 elliptical machine, and the elliptical was broken the entire 2 weeks. Very nice & easy setup to print your boarding pass @ the front desk. I felt secure the entire stay. Free shuttle to the airport every 1/2 hour. My room had 2 queens, both felt somewhat 'droopy', but was able to sleep, probably just time for replacement. Also prior to this trip had a brand new mattress @ home, so that could be it too.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Cryoking
Mary M, Sales Manager at Holiday Inn Express Orlando Airport, responded to this review, December 12, 2011
Hello ~

Thank you so much for your kind review. We truly appreciate hearing from our guests. If there is ever anything we can assist you with please let us know. We hope to see you again.

Best wishes from all the staff at the Holiday Inn Express ~ Orlando Airport
407-581-7900
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
Reviewed November 30, 2011

If you want a clean and quiet (well, there is some airplane noise but not excessive) place to stay near the airport, this HI Express is one option. There is a sign in the bathroom that says "the linen will be counted upon check-out". That made me a bit concerned about the caliber of the guests who stay there but there were no problems with rowdiness. This hotel is a serviceable option when you need to stay near the Orlando airport (but not convenient to anything else).

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 28, 2011

I arrive with my wife and teenage daughted they upgraded us to a suite very roomy. Great coffee in the morning we had a 6am flght so the cofee being available at 4am is awesome also rolls bagels cereal etc. the person who registerd us made us feel welcome more like a b an b than a chain hotel.

• Stayed November 2011
Mary M, Sales Manager at Holiday Inn Express Orlando Airport, responded to this review, December 1, 2011
Hello ~

Best wishes from everyone at the Holiday Inn Express ~ Orlando Airport
407-581-7900
Long Beach, New York
Reviewed November 25, 2011

I stayed here in Nov. I thought I had reserved a room at the Holiday Inn just outside the airport. Well, I went there and was told, no, no reservation there. I looked at my reservation and sure enough, it was the Holiday inn Express, 2-3 miles away on Conway road. I was disappointed, as the Holiday Inn at the airport area was quite spacious and nice with a restaurant. Anyhow, that's my mistake.
This Express is right off a main highway, not much of anything there in the way of food/restaurants. Just a gas station 7/11 convenience store that is next door.
So I ordered in some food. The delivery people, they don't let up to your room, you have to go down to the lobby and go outside and pay the man. Which is kind of a pain, since the front desk didn't call me to tell me he was there. I called the pizza place back when it started to be an hour waiting for my food, and they said he was downstairs, outside waiting for me. Makes no real sense not letting a uniformed pizza delivery man in with your pizza.
Room was good enough. But if I did it again, I would make sure I was at the closer Holiday Inn nearer to the airport with all the amenities.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo