“Good hotel, but not much around it.”

Holiday Inn Express Orlando Airport
Ranked #179 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed November 25, 2011

I stayed here in Nov. I thought I had reserved a room at the Holiday Inn just outside the airport. Well, I went there and was told, no, no reservation there. I looked at my reservation and sure enough, it was the Holiday inn Express, 2-3 miles away on Conway road. I was disappointed, as the Holiday Inn at the airport area was quite spacious and nice with a restaurant. Anyhow, that's my mistake.
This Express is right off a main highway, not much of anything there in the way of food/restaurants. Just a gas station 7/11 convenience store that is next door.
So I ordered in some food. The delivery people, they don't let up to your room, you have to go down to the lobby and go outside and pay the man. Which is kind of a pain, since the front desk didn't call me to tell me he was there. I called the pizza place back when it started to be an hour waiting for my food, and they said he was downstairs, outside waiting for me. Makes no real sense not letting a uniformed pizza delivery man in with your pizza.
Room was good enough. But if I did it again, I would make sure I was at the closer Holiday Inn nearer to the airport with all the amenities.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo

Reviewed November 11, 2011

As always after arriving from a long haul flight you want to get to a comfy bed as soon as possible and it was possible with this spot just off the airport patch. I'd seen it had a free shuttle but the airport itself was not too clear about where that particular ground transportation arrived at....fortunately a taxi despatcher helped so the stand was almost the furthest away from the terminal doors. This may not be an issue for most folks but when you are using a wheelchair it's a long push....so not so user friendly is Orlando Airport. There was no freephone call point for the hotel but by accident the shuttle was picking others up so we made it fine....I think it would be helpful for the hotel to give a number to call as my online reservation didn't have one. The hotel itself was totally fine with excellent caring staff and we had been given an easy access room without any trouble at all. We are returning there in a month and have no difficulty whatsoever in recommending it to folks.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 27, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for one night in October 2011. We took advantage of the park and fly deal since we were flying out of Orlando. We checked in the night before our flight. The woman at the front desk was very friendly and extremely helpful. We were given a room on the first floor which was fine. The room seemed to be older but was well kept and very clean. We only slept there and then had breakfast the following morning. Breakfast was good and a nice perk! We checked out in the morning and took the shuttle to the airport. The driver was very friendly. We were away for eleven days and when we arrived back to Orlando, we called the hotel and they sent a shuttle to pick us up. The Holiday Inn Express was very convenient and we were extremely satisfied with our stay. We will stay here again when flying out of Orlando!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Mary M, Sales Manager at Holiday Inn Express Orlando Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2011

Hello ~

Thank you so much for your kind review. If there is everything anything we can assist you with please let us know.

Mary Matthews
Group Sales Manager

Reviewed October 22, 2011

My wife and I prepaid for our room for one night.When we arrived we were treated very nice.The front desk staff were great.Our room was top notch.The breakfast in the lobby had everything you could want.10 out of 10.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed October 13, 2011

Stayed one night, friendly staff, clean somewhat older rooms. Next to gas station, conveniant for night snack or gas.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 3, 2011

Came into Orlando around midnight. Had to wait 1/2 hour for the shuttle and that was the only bad thing about this hotel.
Rooms very clean, comfortable beds, stocked and tasty breakfast. A great place to stay near the airport for a great price. We got 2 queen beds on a Thursday night for under $80.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank BoiseID999
Reviewed September 26, 2011

Recently stayed at this hotel for an early flight the next morning. Super hotel and very close to the airport. Great price and would definately stay again in the future. I love Holiday Inn Expresses and have not been disappointed

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family