“Don't Stay Here!!!!”

Ranked #227 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
vancouver
“Don't Stay Here!!!!”
Reviewed March 29, 2009

The staffs don't clean the room properly. The service is really bad. I called the reception to ask for an extra quilt, and he said that the housekeeper is no longer there and that they won't bring it the next day. The staff are really rude too. They would hung up on you. This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed at! If you want a good vacation, DON'T STAY AT WESTGATE LEISURE RESORT! The name is really ironic...there's nothing 'leisure' about this resort!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
6 Thank nonameVancouver
WestgateDestinations, General Manager at Westgate Leisure Resort, responded to this review, June 19, 2009
The staff is available to provide amenities to guests whenever they need them. Our staff works diligently to provide excellent customer service and keep our suites exceptionally clean. They are often inspected to ensure that they maintain consistency. Any reported incidences of guest dissatisfaction is taken seriously and followed up with refresher training and or corrective action.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Edmotnon, Canada
Reviewed March 3, 2009

We stayed at this resort Feb. 14-21, 2009. I was not impressed. It may have been economical and close to theme parks but that is the only thing it had going for it! There was hair in the bathtub, countertops and mirrors were not wiped. When you pulled the sheets back on the bed, dustbunnies underneath the bed multiplied. I would have left immediately except that it was late and our son was feeling ill, close to passing out so we stayed. The next day I wanted to leave but my husband didn't want to waste any time from our vacation looking for another place so he went to the grocery store, purchased cleaning supplies and we cleaned ourselves. We asked several times for someone to come and vacuum but they didn't. When I want to the reception desk one last time, I was told they had cleaned with a swiffer. She said they would vacuum - didn't look any better. Toilet overflowed. I also noticed a mold problem. Bathroom fans did not cut it. After showering, the shower rod dripped moisture onto you, if you happened to use the toilet. Couldn't shut the door while using toilet - not enough room. Tracks on sliding door were caked with so much dirt, it took two people to open. For the first 3 days, fresh towels were provided. Staff took my turbie twist hair towel which was hanging from a chair (doesn't look at all like a towel but it is white). After I complained, no more fresh towels. I could go on and on (and I did to my husband) - this resort misrepresents itself in my opionion. Pay a little extra, stay elsewhere and enjoy your vacation.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
4 Thank canadiancurler50
Our staff works diligently to provide excellent customer service, as well as maintaining exceptionally clean suites. They are often inspected to ensure that they sustain consistency. All reported incidences of guest dissatisfaction are taken seriously and followed up with refresher training and or corrective action.
London, ON
Reviewed January 4, 2009

Stayed for 2 nights. Great value for the money. 2 baths and 2 bedrooms with efficiency including a dishwasher. The hotel was very quiet and although we only slept there, we were quite happy with the accommodations. Close to SeaWorld and about 10 minutes from Disney Parks. Shopping is also very close by. We were able to check-in early as we had plans to visit Disney for New Year's Eve - that was mistake - way too busy. We could not access The Magic Kingdom as it was full so we had to spend the day at Epcot. We certainly won't do that again as you could not even get on any of the rides.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a great-valued room so you can spend your money on other things. The room was very clean, although the towels and beds were not made in between days, and the hotel was acceptable. Not the Hilton, but clean and spacious.

• Liked — Price
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Leisure Resort, responded to this review, September 11, 2015
We really appreciate your comments on our resort. We have renovated our property since you last visited and welcome you back to see what we have improved on.

york
Reviewed January 3, 2009

we stayed here from 3rd dec till 27th loved it not many people stayed while we were there so was quiet rooms were lovely clean plenty of room there was everything you could want apart from no wi fi for the girls to use there lap tops over all really good ill stay again

• Liked — everything
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our resort. It is fantastic that you enjoyed your stay with us. We have taken the time to make the resort an even better destination for our guests and hope to see you again!

lk, df
Reviewed November 30, 2008

This hotel was great. First it was big enough for a family, unlike a regular hotel. The room had 4 beds, a full kitchen, 3 closets, 2 bathrooms, and 3 televisions. The four beds included a full size sleeper sofa, a king size bed and two twin beds. The full kitchen had a double sided sink, dishwasher, full set of silverware and dishes for six people, a refrigerator and freezer, a table for two, coffee pot, tea pot, gas stove and oven, toaster, and electric can opener. The workers were very friendly and by simply dialing zero, whatever you needed was delivered to your room within 5 minutes. There were a bunch of activities to keep you and your family busy, including 2 pools and jacuzzis and a small game room. The only complaints that I have are that the resort was very empty, maybe because of the time of visit, Thanksgiving, and also the lack of a daily housekeeper. Otherwise, the family enjoyed the little time we spent in the hotel.

• Liked — spacious rooms
  • Disliked — no housekeeping
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Thank you for sharing your vacation experience with us. We have renovated our property since you last visited and welcome you back to see what we have improved on.

St. Augstine, FL
Reviewed September 16, 2008

The first room they booked us in room 1531 was so full of mold the a/c could not work hard enough to get the dampness out of the room. Took me to look at 6 rooms before I was some what pleased. After returning home before the weeks stay was over with the worst head conjestion noticed I was mising alot of my cloths that I had taken on the trip. After calling the resort to report that I had forgotten my things (5x's) to see if the housekeepers turned them in with no luck. Thinking I had not gathered all of my things during the room move then i was looking at some photos and relized i had been wearing some of them after the move. So I am guessing while we were out domeone let theirself in our room and made away with some really nice stuff not like my lap top I keep that with me all the time. As far as security gards they have none. Stay here again? Hell no

• Liked — NOTHING AT ALL
  • Disliked — EVERYTHING / THIEVES / MOLD
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank oceanblueeyesflorida
The resort has an excellent lost and found policy. There are security guards on all shifts. All concerns about entry into a suite are established with electronic lock interrogations.

A majority of the suites have had new air ducts installed (with the rest being completed by years end) to handle the humidity of the Florida weather.
Summerville, SC
Reviewed February 7, 2008

We had an excellent stay at the Westgate Leisure resort on Villa de Costa in Orlando, FL.. It was only 2 miles from SeaWorld, but in a quiet location. We had a two bedroom unit (I think they all are anyways)and the beds were very comfortable, the pillows too! FYI: One bedroom had a king sized bed and the other had two twins. I think the leather sofa was a sofabed. There is a full kitchen too. There were loads of pillows and extra blankets. There were 3 TV's with 3 channels of HBO: one in the living room and one in each bedroom. The housekeeping service is rather limited, they replenish the towels daily, dump the garbage and make the beds. If you are one of those who needs fresh sheets everyday-you can pay extra for that service or maybe this isn't the place for you. Towels are provided for use at the pools. My only concern is the walls are not all that thick and we could hear the neighbors using the shower or could hear people upstairs a little bit. If the place was really busy or had some partiers staying there I imagine it might get noisy. If I stay there again I might request a unit on the third floor (there are elevators). Overall I was very happy with this property.

• Liked — Large rooms, comfortable beds and pillows
  • Disliked — might be a little noisy if filled to capacity
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family