“Horrible”

Westgate Leisure Resort
Ranked #232 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed March 23, 2014

We arrived late in the evening. My oldest took a shower. We could not get the water to turn all the way off. We called the front desk, they sent security up to take a look. We were told there was nothing they could do till morning. They would send maintenance up first thing in the morning to replace the faucet. By 4pm the next day no one had arrived to fix the faucet. We made a 2nd call to the front desk, they had no record of the faucet needing to be fixed. They sent someone up within 30 minutes to fix faucet. The patio door in our room was broke, it took my entire body weight to open and close the door, didn't matter much it over looked the parking lot and dumpster. The nice big lcd tv's were nice in each bedroom and living room; however, the fact that the resort doesn't spring for hd service, made the t.v.'s pointless. The picture was crap! In order to have free wi-fi in your room, you needed to pay an extra fee - only one device can be connected at a time. Not worth it. The door to my room sometimes latched shut, sometimes it didn't. Not a very safe and secure feeling. When you are a guest for a week, mid week housekeeping comes to make the beds and replace the towels. In theory nice, however, they do not give you new bedding and they take more towels out than they replace them with. As I was packing up my family, I noticed missing clothes from our hotel room. Yes, it was 11:45 pm the night before we left to go home (needed to leave for airport at 9:30am). I called the front desk and the gentleman who answered was so unprofessional and rude I was shocked. He asked me 3 times during our 5 minute conversation "It's 11:45 at night, what do you want me to do?" I tried explaining to him that I'm calling as soon as i noticed the missing clothes and I leave first thing in the morning for the airport. This time I was told "Again, Ma'am it's 11:45 at night, what am I supposed to do?" I ended up needing to call back at 8am to start the investigation on the missing clothes from my room. At that time I was told that they would contact Housekeeping and get back to me. I again, reminded them that I needed to leave for the airport in an hour and would like to leave with all of the clothes I came down to FL with. She told me she would call me back. 30 minutes later she called and said Housekeeping sends all bedding and towels to another location to be laundered and an email has been sent to them. I ended up stopping at the front desk as I was leaving the resort for the airport. As I was asking the lady at the front desk if they had heard anything, she walked away from me and answered the phone. I understand that if the phone was ringing she needed to answer, however you usually would tell the guest you're speaking to - excuse me, one minute, I need to answer the phone. Nope, she just walked away. I've been home now for a day and a half and no one at the resort can tell me how my clothes disappeared from my room or where they are. I really don't have anything nice to say about this resort or the staff representing the resort. In my opinion they are rude and thieve's.

1  Thank Katie B
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Leisure Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

We are truly sorry for the issue you experienced. If you would like, please contact our Corporate Office at 800-218-3623 to speak with our Rapid Response Team to discuss your experience further. Although your stay was not 100% perfect, we hope you will stay with us again.

Brittany

Reviewed March 21, 2014

I just got back from staying at this place and loved it. I had a room in building M, the beds were very comfortable, plenty of pillows, blankets, towels. Having 2 bathrooms was great and the whole layout was nice. The only issue I had was the automatic ac/heat. I live in Florida and I like it cold even when its cold out so the heat kicking on automatically when its below 60 sucked, but only had the issue one night so that was great. Plenty of room for all family members and didn't really hear anything from rooms beside me or outside so I hope nobody heard my kids either lol. Overall I definitely recommend this place especially to those traveling with family. Also location was great, right down the road from SeaWorld and only an exit or two depending on where you are going from Disney.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Leisure Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2014

Thank you for your review. As you found, with our abundance of outdoor activities for all ages, we are an ideal resort for family recreation. We hope that you have a chance to visit with us again!

Reviewed March 19, 2014

We shared our 2 bedroom 2 bathroom, kitchen,livingroom/dining area villa with my son and daughter in law and couldn't have been any better! Our villa door was literally 15ft from the pool! the scenery was beautiful! although we were all adults, I think this complex it excellent for families with young children too! It was a short ride to all the THEME parks too!
DEFINATELY WILL STAY HERE AGAIN in the future for SURE!!!! Well worth the price too!!!!!

Room Tip: The sleeping accommodations are very good! according to how many people that are staying in a villa...
1  Thank toni r

Thanks For letting us know about you experience with us at Westgate.
We are here to provide you and your Family a Vacation of a lifetime as I can see we did that for you. We can’t thank you enough for letting us now.
So thanks and it sounds like we are going to be seeing you and your family real soon.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

We were pleased with our stay at Westgate. Even though we arrived after hours, a security guard easily checked us in and made sure all of our questions were answered. The condo was just outside of the pool area, also near the pond/lake. We enjoyed morning coffee at the table next to the lake. There were always people out working on the landscaping, which was very nice.
The condo was clean, well supplied. Clean kitchen, refrigerator. I was so happy to have a washer/dryer that was on the screened in porch. (No noise!) I also liked the proximity & convenience to local attractions. (SeaWorld is literally up the street!) I also enjoyed the maid service, that was bonus I did not expect! I only wish the wifi was free. We would definitely like to return.

Room Tip: Our room was near the pool, it could be loud for some. We were not bothered but, the rooms around t...
1  Thank Tina D

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your experience. We train our staff to be friendly, welcoming, and helpful. We are glad that you were able to enjoy the room amenities, resort amenities, as well as our great location! We really look forward to you and your family staying with us again in the future!

Vic

Reviewed March 17, 2014

I was looking for an economical stay for a group of six and this worked out perfect. With two separate bathrooms and rooms there was plenty of privacy and room for everyone. The rooms were a little outdated but very clean. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014

We are so Happy to hear that you enjoyed you Stay with us here at Leisure .
Are two Bedroom units all have two full bathrooms and so happy you found great value in that. So I see we will be seeing you on your next trip.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

Unit was very tidy. The beds are cheap quality; we can feel the springs. Nice feather comforters. Pillows are thick foam and hurt my neck. Comfy sofa and eating areas. Staff are very friendly. I agreed to do the timeshare breakfast meeting. I was told when signing up that there was a possibly could be moved to the Westgate Lakes, their premier resort. The presentation had a hot breakfast that was goods. But, as usual, there was high pressure to buy for 3 hours. And, of course, the sales guy made no effort to transfer us to the posh resort. (Bet he would have if I had purchased the timeshare from him.). The nice thing about the resort we are in is the peace and quiet. Very restful.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Lynn S

Thank you so much for sharing your excellent stay experience at the Westgate Leisure. We do look forward to your visit the next time your travels take you to the Orlando area.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

Our family of four stayed here on a recent vacation/college search. The location is ideal if planning a visit to the Disney Parks (which we did) since you can practically walk to Downtown Disney from there! It is right at the highway entrance to 75 - so it is easy access to other area attractions and travel - but gets quite congested at times of the day. Lots of local restaurants and shops as well - you are in the middle of everything!
The resort itself is very nice - apparently most of the buildings are owned by Westgate Resorts and a few others (including ours) is owned by a different Westgate company - kind of odd, but all amenities are shared - there are pools, mini golf, fitness room and playground as well as laundry room and arcade/games room. The front desk staff are nice but not especially helpful - there is a limited shuttle service to Disney. Grounds are well maintained and rooms are clean and spacious compared to hotel rooms - our refrigerator and air conditioning were not working adequately. Overall, it was worth the money to stay here for what we needed.

Room Tip: check ahead of time about the room you will be getting - as a timeshare, I tink it is first come fir...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Heidi Z
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Leisure Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. We’re thrilled to choose to stay with us at Westgate Leisure Resorts. It is great to hear that you enjoyed our clean and spacious rooms. We take everything our guests say into consideration, as we’re always looking for ways to provide them with a fantastic stay! It would be our pleasure to have you as our guests again!

Idalise

Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Westgate Town Center Resort & Spa
Westgate Palace Resort
#181 of 342 in Orlando
Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa
Westgate Vacation Villas Resort & Spa

Been to Westgate Leisure Resort? Share your experiences!