We arrived late in the evening. My oldest took a shower. We could not get the water to turn all the way off. We called the front desk, they sent security up to take a look. We were told there was nothing they could do till morning. They would send maintenance up first thing in the morning to replace the faucet. By 4pm the next day no one had arrived to fix the faucet. We made a 2nd call to the front desk, they had no record of the faucet needing to be fixed. They sent someone up within 30 minutes to fix faucet. The patio door in our room was broke, it took my entire body weight to open and close the door, didn't matter much it over looked the parking lot and dumpster. The nice big lcd tv's were nice in each bedroom and living room; however, the fact that the resort doesn't spring for hd service, made the t.v.'s pointless. The picture was crap! In order to have free wi-fi in your room, you needed to pay an extra fee - only one device can be connected at a time. Not worth it. The door to my room sometimes latched shut, sometimes it didn't. Not a very safe and secure feeling. When you are a guest for a week, mid week housekeeping comes to make the beds and replace the towels. In theory nice, however, they do not give you new bedding and they take more towels out than they replace them with. As I was packing up my family, I noticed missing clothes from our hotel room. Yes, it was 11:45 pm the night before we left to go home (needed to leave for airport at 9:30am). I called the front desk and the gentleman who answered was so unprofessional and rude I was shocked. He asked me 3 times during our 5 minute conversation "It's 11:45 at night, what do you want me to do?" I tried explaining to him that I'm calling as soon as i noticed the missing clothes and I leave first thing in the morning for the airport. This time I was told "Again, Ma'am it's 11:45 at night, what am I supposed to do?" I ended up needing to call back at 8am to start the investigation on the missing clothes from my room. At that time I was told that they would contact Housekeeping and get back to me. I again, reminded them that I needed to leave for the airport in an hour and would like to leave with all of the clothes I came down to FL with. She told me she would call me back. 30 minutes later she called and said Housekeeping sends all bedding and towels to another location to be laundered and an email has been sent to them. I ended up stopping at the front desk as I was leaving the resort for the airport. As I was asking the lady at the front desk if they had heard anything, she walked away from me and answered the phone. I understand that if the phone was ringing she needed to answer, however you usually would tell the guest you're speaking to - excuse me, one minute, I need to answer the phone. Nope, she just walked away. I've been home now for a day and a half and no one at the resort can tell me how my clothes disappeared from my room or where they are. I really don't have anything nice to say about this resort or the staff representing the resort. In my opinion they are rude and thieve's.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located near world-famous theme parks, Westgate Leisure Resort boasts a serene environment and spacious one- and two-bedroom villas. Onsite amenities include two heated outdoor pools, two hot tubs, exercise facility, volleyball court, game room and Mini Market, as well as free scheduled shuttle service to theme parks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Westgate Leisure Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westgate Leisure Resorts Orlando Hotel Orlando
- Westgate Leisure Hotel Orlando
- Westgate Leisure Resort Orlando