“It was ok”

Westgate Leisure Resort
Ranked #234 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed July 1, 2013

The room was great but left blood stain on pillow sheet. The toilet clog like 2 time ask for unclog and never did for the 1 time the location was great. Good size room the bed was comfy. The bath tub drain went down slowly. No wifi everything needed to be upgrade to today model. The lobby staff was friendly. Gym machine was broken

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Leisure Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry that you experienced issues with the cleanliness of your villa. We have made note of each one of your housekeeping and maintenance concerns and will address them directly with the resort. We do hope that you will visit us again and give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

It was an ok experience. The rooms are average not fancy. We were 3 adults and 4 children. They offers a light cleaning every date just trash towels, but personnel very nice. The last night they didnt come to clean. My trip was for 10 days and the 4 night My niece found a big cockroach in the dining table a call front desk and in the morning they sent a exterminator. the problem was solve but outside I saw more they told me was for the thunderstorms and the raining. Everything else was ok not very crowded. The gym was small with broken machines. its like been in 2 and half hotels, But I not want to stay again. I would consider other resort.

• Stayed: June 2013
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Leisure Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Every time we receive a review from a guest we want to thank you for taking the time to do so, and we appreciate you providing us with your business. Our guests are always number one, and your responses make us want to work even harder to provide an exceptional experience for you. Thank you again and we hope you will visit us again, so that we can provide a greater experience.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Check in was easy & friendly, No wi-fi in rooms unless you were in the lobby.
The 2 br condo was ok....advertises for up to 6 people. Good for 2 adults & 2 kids. Any more people you will start to feel cramped.
Room was clean, decor a bit dated, kitchen utensils were immaculate.
After coming back from the parks on the first night. Only our bedroom was cleaned up & beds made. The kids room & bathroom wasn't touched. NOTHING was left on the beds for housekeeping to worry about. They also did not replace the bathroom towels,The front desk was called and a BAG of towels was brought up within 10 minutes.. BIG THUMBS UP FOR THAT!! BUT it happened AGAIN the 2nd night. Kids room was left a mess. It was too late to ask them to come up, we got back at 8 pm.
2 machines in fitness center broken- was reported to front desk, stated they would call the outside vendor to fix
Beds were very comfortable & clean, good budget place.
GREAT LOCATION.

Upon checking out I spoke to someone at the front desk, they were very surprised & apologetic.
I would stay here again but only if it was just me & my daughter & not a group of 5.

1  Thank David P
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Leisure Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Thank you for your review. We strive to provide an exceptional vacation experience that exceeds guest’s expectations and we apologize that we fell short. We will certainly share your review with our staff, as we are always looking for areas to improve. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Last week my brother, a friend, me and two of my granddaughters checked into the Westgate Resorst. This was a big deal because my brother was told on the phone that he did not qualify for their tour because he was single so he switched it into my name since I was married. We found out while checking that I did not qualify for the tour either because my husband was not traveling with me. This was at 10:30 at night after traveling 8 and a half hours to get there. The company that booked us also made a lot of booking mistakes. We also had to pay extra for the booking mistakes. We did have paperwork that showed us what we were to get for our money. We were to have one king size bed and a room with two queen size beds. We were to have a villa but got a condo instead. We did get one king bed but also was given another room with a king bed. One side of the condo had a really strange smell to it. My brother who has a lot of allergies had several attacks while in his room. My room which was the larger of the two had roaches. Both rooms needed some updating and the tv reception was not good. Be careful how you book this resort. Just don't want you to get stuck like we did.

Room Tip: Be careful reserving to make sure that you get what you reserved.
1  Thank NanaEllijay_GA
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Leisure Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. Our apologies that you were dissatisfied with your visit. Room cleanliness is a priority, and our housekeeping team would be glad to work with you to ensure that your unit was to your satisfaction. We will share your comments with our team, as we are always looking for areas in which to improve. We hope to have another opportunity to provide you with an enjoyable stay.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

NO WIFI, Partially up-dated condo units on the smaller side for Disney area condos. Very clean with wonderful beds with upscaled bedding. These units are older units which were refurbished with some modern carpeting and furniture and freshly painted. The grounds are beautiful with workers constantly taking great pains to make the outside pool area and complex looking beautiful. I have to add that if you need housekeeping; the women and men that will assist you are some of the nicest people I have meet in a long time. The week we were there the pool area was always filled with children with parents that had little or no parenting skills and I could not see any resort personnel to keep these kids inline...we had 6 people in our group and were afraid to let our two granddaughters (Ages 9 & 12) enjoy the pool for fear of them being hit in the head with a rock or other flying objects, I truly believe that most of these parent thought the pool was a babysitting service. I'm sure the turtle in the small lake on property is probably dead/injured by these same children throwing rocks at him. The complex is very deceiving as to whether it should be considered a Resort? The complex houses 2 different Westgate units....one is called Westgate Leisure Resort and the other is called Westgate Suites. We booked Westgate Leisure Resort which was a couple buildings in the far back of the complex which surrounded the pool area....the suites are in the front and appeared to me to be "Homes".....I would think that the area really is too small to be considered a Resort. In summing up my opinion I would have to say that this resort did not live up to the Westgate image but was nice to stay just once to experience it and once is enough; it really is not what our family is used to stay in when we are in the Orlando area as we spend several weeks visiting Disney and Universal Studios (6 times every years). However if you are looking for a budget conscience condo that is semi modern and clean at a good price this is the place for you.

1  Thank CHERYLYNMAC

Reviewed June 6, 2013

For the price, this is a great place to stay. I really like balconies overlooking nice grounds or pools. Unfortunately, the entrance side is the better side and most balconies overlook the parking lots. Other than that, the resort was nice and clean.

Room Tip: Try to get a room in one of the buildings overlooking the pond.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank JeanieJ
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Leisure Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We appreciate your comment that "this is a great place to stay". Many of our guests appreciate our villas, which are equipped with full kitchens, and dining areas. We hope to serve you again next time you're in Orlando!

Reviewed June 1, 2013

We had an enjoyable time in a very nice room. Everything was nice and the attendants were all very responsive. The location was central, right behind the pool. Only regrets, pool closed at 10. Ready to dive in at 10:18. But the overall experience was great! My friends and I will definitely return.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank 457JBrown123

Thank you for taking a moment to review Westgate Leisure Resort. It's gratifying to read that you had an enjoyable time in a very nice room. Additionally, it's nice that you found the attendants responsive and everything was nice. With our ideal location, close to the theme parks, shopping and dining, and our amenities, many of our guests find it the perfect combination for a relaxing vacation. We look forward to seeing you and your friends next time you're in Orlando!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Sheraton Vistana Villages - International Drive
Westgate Palace Resort
Westgate Palace Resort
#181 of 342 in Orlando
Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa

Been to Westgate Leisure Resort? Share your experiences!